outland - planet Or an asteroid...

90 Draenei Death Knight
i really dont know... but i think it is asteroide because while u fell you fell to space ....( between hellfire to shdowmoon for example...)but in azeroth you cannot.
manye people that i asked said it is planet and no asteroid.
so what true?
ands have to this contact to lore?
so what do you think?
Reply Quote
86 Human Priest
The Outland is shattered remains of the planet Draenor, homeworld of orcs and ogres.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Outland was the planet Draenor, which has now being shattered into Asteroids..so in reply to the OP...Yes
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Mage
01/08/2012 07:54Posted by Adelheals
homeworld of orcs and ogres.
and Draenei, however, they firstly came from Argus, but fled from the demonic corruption and then ended up there. Then they got driven out from Draenor to Azeroth because orcs were corrupted by demonic taint. Sad story.

However, I do think Outland is still a planet, even though it's not round.
It's only become a piece of a puzzle...
Reply Quote
Community
Outland is a large fragment of the planet Draenor, which was torn apart when the Shaman Ner'zhul opened inter-dimensional portals in the hunt for new worlds to invade.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
01/08/2012 09:44Posted by Takralus
Outland is a large fragment of the planet Draenor, which was torn apart when the Shaman Ner'zhul opened inter-dimensional portals in the hunt for new worlds to invade.

so Pantheon is found in the Draenor?
Edited by Yuvalal on 01/08/2012 10:12 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Outland lies in a hidden part of the Koprulu Sector
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/08/2012 10:18Posted by Silpherr
Outland lies in a hidden part of the Koprulu Sector

Is that just south of Milton Keynes?
Reply Quote
79 Undead Mage
It's the remaining fragments of the planet Draenor....the story on the how and why and what can be found here: Chapter III: The Doom of Draenor - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/story-so-far/chapter-3/1
Reply Quote
86 Human Priest
No, Yuvalal, actual whereabouts of Pantheon are unknown. Like said, Draenei arrived to Draenor some 250 years before present moment in WoW, their vessel Osh'gun crashed and Naaru Ku're trapped inside. Orc clans started to worship Osh'gun as holy mountain where their ancestors dwelled as spirits.

Kil'jaeden tricked the orcs to start a war against Draenei and eventually corrupted them through warlock magic and Mannoroths blood to be a weapon of total destruction against draenei. After the fall of Shattrath Kil'jaeden left Draenor and under instruction of warlock Gul'dan orcs began to build the Dark Portal. Gul'dan had been connected by Medivh who was controlled by Burning Legions master, Sargeras. This was the beginning of Warcraft I when orcs invaded Azeroth.

Draenor was corrupted and couldn't support it's inhabitants. Demon corruption was almost everywhere and land itself was dying. At that time Ner'zhul, the orc shaman who Kil'jaeden contacted in the first place, tried to open portals to different worlds. Portals collapsed with tremendous energy and teared the planet Draenor apart. What is now Outland, is part of that planet. As far as I know, the titans have never visited Draenor.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Wonder how much gravity force has to remain there without crashing on other close planet or the sun. Or it's just the residue magic after the cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2012 10:41Posted by Ideral
Wonder how much gravity force has to remain there without crashing on other close planet or the sun. Or it's just the residue magic after the cataclysm.

Gravity is neither here nor there. The various remains of Draenor which nor form the Outlands have nothing like realistic gravitational forces governing them. They are just a selection of cool zones in a fantasy RPG.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
01/08/2012 10:55Posted by Thete

Magic.

You could just say that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2012 10:58Posted by Ideral

Magic.

You could just say that.

There you are then. A wizard did it.

I wasted my time doing a degree in astrophysics.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
So what do the orcs call the planet?

Somehow I don't think they said to each other: "Look, blue aliens landing, let's call our planet after them".
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/08/2012 12:01Posted by Alenya

http://www.wowpedia.org/Draenor
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
01/08/2012 12:04Posted by Gontier

http://www.wowpedia.org/Draenor

So basicly I need to get an orc to tell me his word for world.
Orcs are just as lazy as humans on Earth i guess.

Mystery solved, kind of.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Perhaps the Orc word for world is Earth...damned dirty apes!

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Actually, Draenei were named after Draenor, not the other way around, the original name of their race was Eredar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]