Raid Releases

Community
We’ve been keeping a very close eye on the feedback players have shared for both Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria raiding. We saw a lot of evidence and heard a lot of feedback which indicated that raid content was a little overwhelming at the beginning of Cataclysm. Our goal is to smooth that out a bit in Mists of Pandaria. Keep in mind, Mogu’shan Vaults opens up one week after Mists of Pandaria launches. And with its Heroic mode even the most seasoned raiders should be pretty busy. Once the raid dungeon has been cleared by a group on normal mode they’ll unlock Heroic mode, a definite ramp up in challenge. Also note, similar to Dragon Soul, Raid Finder mode for Mogu’shan Vaults will be available about one week after the normal raid has been opened.

Rather than putting a lot of pressure on players by opening up sixteen raid bosses in three separate difficulties upon release of the expansion, we hope you’ll have a chance to really dig into the lore, the gorgeous new continent, the amazing new quests, and all of the other goodies that are far too numerable to mention. Our intention here is not to artificially extend the life of the 5.0 content, but rather to pace it better than we have in previous releases. This is why we noted that a few weeks after Mogu’shan Vaults opens, raid instances Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring will become available. These dungeons will still very much be hot on the heels of Mogu’shan Vaults, particularly for the large majority of players progressing through Pandaria.

Here’s a basic breakdown of the pattern we’d like to follow for all upcoming raids: Dungeon opens on normal difficulty —> Heroic mode is unlocked once normal mode is completed —> the Raid Finder version becomes available about one week after the raid’s initial opening. To review all of the latest Mists raid release details, everyone is encouraged to check out our latest blog, Blizzard Insider #45 – Mists of Pandaria – Raid Preview, which has a wealth of exciting new information.

On a final note, thank you to everyone who has been testing the new content, sharing your feedback, and helping us bring you the most epic game possible! It cannot be said enough, but we genuinely appreciate it. =)
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Sounds fair to me :-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sooo after hitting 90 the thing to do is level an alt or two... great.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
<3 :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Inb4 massive (and justified) outcry.

Levelling on beta takes 15 hours at worst. Gearing up maximally in 5 mans takes another day or so.

Please tell me at least challenge modes are available in week 1.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I like this idea, but the extension for the LFR should be longer. I REALLY think it would a great idea to release it when the next raid content is released for normal modes - or at least a month after the initial release.

I genuinely think this would make raiding MUCH more appealing to people, as it will bring back the sense of accomplishment, having that tier gear and those epics, rather than it just being overrun by raid finder gear.

I seriously wish you'd take this into consideration, it doesn't do any damage at all to the availability of content to casual players, just means they have to wait a little longer. But without sounding harsh, they should accept the fact that if they cant put the effort in - for whatever reason - then they should have to wait a little longer to see it.

I think its a fair way of making raiding as good at it used to be, as well as letting everyone enjoy the content.
Edited by Atreyx on 01/08/2012 18:42 BST
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
Vapo, wat?
They said Mogu'shan Vaults will be released 1 week after the expansion is released. unless you finish leveling 85->90 + trying all new content + gearing up the best you can for the raid's release in less than 1 week, your comment is useless. actually even in case you do it's useless. most people in the game now have atleast 2 max-level chars, so they will want to level all of their chars to 90 anyway.

If anything, this way of spreading the different raids' release dates will keep you actually raiding and waiting for new content instead of rushing everything in the first 1-2 months and then "level an alt or two".
Edited by Lyhoof on 01/08/2012 18:41 BST
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Rogue
01/08/2012 18:35Posted by Vapo

You might want to actually read up on Mists of Pandaria because to me it seems that you did not. There will be many, many things to do outside of raids upon hitting level 90.
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage
Approved!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2012 18:42Posted by Boem

You might want to actually read up on Mists of Pandaria because to me it seems that you did not. There will be many, many things to do outside of raids upon hitting level 90.

Maybe i do not care for those.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Human Death Knight
Can't wait for multiple raids in Raid Finder rather than just two halves of one! :3
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2012 18:30Posted by Vaneras
Keep in mind, Mogu’shan Vaults opens up one week after Mists of Pandaria launches.

Why not from the start? I dont get this at all, if people wanna raid from the moment they hit 90 they should be able to, no one is forced to raid so why stop those that want to.

You guys are messing up the raiding scene more and more, next you will change your mind and give us LFR a week earlier for the real raiders! j/k.
Edited by Nuckels on 01/08/2012 18:51 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nawwwww! The race in the beginning of the expansion is one of the things I love about new expansions!

1 word! MEH
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2012 18:50Posted by Nuckels
Keep in mind, Mogu’shan Vaults opens up one week after Mists of Pandaria launches.

Why not from the start? I dont get this at all, if people wanna raid from the moment they hit 90 they should be able to, no one is forced to raid so why stop those that want to.

Agree!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
there are a lot of reputation rewards which will help in your progress.
you'll also need to level your proffessions up for you and for your guild.
so 1 week is fair i think.

and also they'll let monks to plevel with RAF . so they're trying to avoid whines from unRAFed monks.they'll end the conversation with "we gave you 1 week to level up and gear up so you wont miss your first raids".everyone is happy.
Edited by Bäbox on 01/08/2012 19:02 BST
Reply Quote
25 Human Warrior
i approve of this.

i am in a small 10m raid guild and alot of my guildies dont have much time to level to 90 AND gear up.

We want to be able to compete with other more active guilds and this will give us our chance of being in the top 3 10m guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2012 18:50Posted by Nuckels

My personal guess?

This is a Just In Case precaution, pre-empting all the whining and raging from the hardcore raiders if a few servers cave in under the first few days of MoP. This way the worst connection/login problems should be solved in time for raids opening.

Just my guess, though.
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
Sounds fair.

I won't even complain about the completely arbitrary delay to RF - withholding raid content from 90% of people that use raid content is kind of odd but given that I have a life I won't want to raid that soon anyway.

So If I QQ'd it would purely be on ideological grounds and I won't stoop to the level of others in that respect.

That being said, it is still a bit weird. It is akin to withholding the levelling experience from everyone bar RP realms for example. Why not do that for a week.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Wanna make a deal stinky? :D

LFR gets released a week earlier and normal raids get the same!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]