The PvP Power dilemma- resolved! Blizzard listened!

90 Gnome Rogue
Thank you for adding pvp power to pvp weapons Blizzard. This change is huge and will make MoP PvP so much better!

Have a look: http://www.wowdb.com/items/85112-malevolent-gladiators-greatsword

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,
today I posted a blog about the pvp power dilemma or why hardmode raiding will be required to be compete in MoP PvP. I hope this issue will be adressed once more attention gets to it.

Link to the blog: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/226854-the-pvp-power-dilemma/
Edited by Hïldegard on 10/08/2012 17:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Like it's anything new that Pve gear is good in pvp?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Well, why introduce a stat that counters the need for pve gear and then not put it on weapons?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
31/07/2012 11:30Posted by Hïldegard
Well, why introduce a stat that counters the need for pve gear and then not put it on weapons?

Good question. Hopefully they will fix that if the pvp weapons are lacking pvp power stat.

Haven't really been up to date with MoP. Just reading once in a while.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
31/07/2012 11:25Posted by Zarty
Like it's anything new that Pve gear is good in pvp?

The point is that it doesn't discourage people to use PvE items in PvP, it actually does the opposite, the PvE items will be easier to get too and upgrading them even more so:

why introduce a stat that counters the need for pve gear and then not put it on weapons?
Reply Quote
87 Human Hunter

They don't care about us. They don't like us. The fact is that PvP power and the Defense will be bad anyway.

The PvE weapons being viable is just giving the only player base they remotely care about an advantage in something they shouldn't have.

Let's be honest, Scrooge McDuck would spend more money on Developing PvP in this game than the lot in charge at the moment. Then again, would you trust them with money to develop something half decent after the embarassment of this expansion?
Edited by Harrianlar on 31/07/2012 11:56 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
1. I've not seen *any* numbers showing how PvP Power/Defence are converted to percentages so it would seem a little early to say that PvE gear as a whole > PvP gear.

2. PvP set bonuses are taking a much more PvE set bonus approach. That's one of the biggest reason took PvE gear - the set bonuses were more beneficial than the resi. As a result, PvP gear should be more attractive for most classes (there may be occasions where 2x 2 set bonuses are preferred, especially with end tier raid gear which we won't see yet so we're kinda going down the "ifs and buts" route which isn't that helpful)

3. PvP weps lacking PvP only stats makes them attractive to PvE players who haven't got far enough to get their wep, or who have been unlucky with drops. That means more ppl playing arenas. One of the main complaints about arenas is inactivity.

I'm not saying that the lack of PvP stats on arena weps is a huge boon, but it seems that there are at least as many pros as cons.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
PvP gear is better for PvP except for the weapons. PvP Power is a really good stat, most likely you will want as many blue sockets on your pvp gear. Means everything except the weapon slot will be PvP if the stat stays on the same weight as now.

Normal pvp weapons are a bit better than the raid finder versions, so yes, they may server as a starting thing.

Main problem is that the - by far - best weapons for pvp are coming from hardmode raids.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I would really like to see this fixed. PvE shouldn't give an edge in arena play at all. It has given such an extreme edge in this last season (s11) that I was really glad when I heard of the concept of PvP power.

I personally just do not enjoy PvE and don't want to be "forced" to do it to compete. I know it's perfectly possible to compete without it but everyone would agree that such a damage increase gives you a big advantage. (Think tentacle weapons, cunning, legendary staves. Everyone knows these can be the difference between a win or loss in arena games.)

I hope this somehow catches Blizzards' attention and they actually care enough to correct this mistake.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
No PvP Power on weapons? That's just pathetic. How can they be so blind?

My god.. maybe, just maybe i'll revise my decision to buy another expansion this time.. this nonesense with all the pvp stuff is getting ridiculous now.

First, there is no balance.
Then we can't even have our mounts shared like PvE mounts;
And no we still need to raid because blizzard refuses to put pvp power on weapons?

Réally Blizzard?

You have got to be making an aweful joke here..
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Didn't they put a big buff on resilience?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Yes, but that is another topic. PvP Power is not Resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Really hope this doesn't go live.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Double standard; 2k rogue player with 2set HC + legendaries, cries bout PvE gear being retarded in Arenas... roflmao...

But yeah u are right, PvE gear shouldnt be an option in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
31/07/2012 15:25Posted by Ellendur
cries bout PvE gear being retarded in Arenas...

The point is they've tried to give an alternative in MoP but they're contradicting it by not putting PvP power on the weapons, therefore making PvE weapons more desirable than PvP ones.

There's no "crying" about it "being retarded" , it's just pointing out that their fix isn't really a fix without PvP power on PvP weapons.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
cries bout PvE gear being retarded in Arenas...

The point is they've tried to give an alternative in MoP but they're contradicting it by not putting PvP power on the weapons, therefore making PvE weapons more desirable than PvP ones.

There's no "crying" about it "being retarded" , it's just pointing out that their fix isn't really a fix without PvP power on PvP weapons.

I do understand the problem here, and it's wierd indeed. but yes, there's thousands of people "crying". I just find it funny how a BiS PvE rogue, carried by the gear, comments on this problem... l2p, cry later! no offence, just doesnt makes any sense
Edited by Ellendur on 31/07/2012 15:40 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
31/07/2012 15:39Posted by Ellendur

I do understand the problem here, and it's wierd indeed. but yes, there's thousands of people "crying". I just find it funny how a BiS PvE rogue, carried by the gear, comments on this problem... l2p, cry later! no offence, just doesnt makes any sense

Hi, congratulations on being a mouth-breathing spacker like previous members of your guild.

Hilde has only recently got the legendaries, before that he was a 2.1k rogue. Check the achievements, just because he has the legendaries doesn't de-value his opinion or make this matter any less serious.

But no, you just had to say "Lololololol rogue with legendaries talking about PvE l2p" take a look at your own achievements before you decide to post absolute crap in a perfectly fine thread, S8 LSP/TSG says it misses you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I am no really good players, but with 32 years of age I simply do not have the reflexes of 19 year old. I tried playing with pvp gear only for quite some time, but it just doesn't cut it. I hated the rating and I hoped it would not be necessary, but it simply is, especially when playing RMP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]