LFR and Normal should share lockout.

90 Night Elf Death Knight
06/08/2012 16:16Posted by Exiasee
ffs, I wanted to type Vagaries of Time...

:)
Edited by Azriyel on 06/08/2012 16:17 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
To all you raiders if your best in slot weapon was a pvp weapon would you do pvp to get it?
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 16:26Posted by Cleggy
To all you raiders if your best in slot weapon was a pvp weapon would you do pvp to get it?

In TBC this was the case and yes, i did PvP for it and I had to be over 1800 rating to get even t1, let alone aim for t2 to be absolutely on proper bis list. Not every melee was able or had luck to get Glaives, and prior to this arena was kind of must.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Didn't you get burned out doing the same pvp battle grounds over and over and over

You get where I'm going right
Reply Quote
Didn't you get burned out doing the same pvp battle grounds over and over and over

You get where I'm going right

Nah, rogue was OP enough. But I believe many PvErs were quite gutted and eventually I asked the same questions : WHY PvEr has to PvP to get biS weapons for PvE ? And same way I believe that PvPr should get their BiS weapons from PvP.

Feeling forced to do something in game to be pulling your own weight in team will cause anyone feel bored, upset, and exhausted. regardless of PvE or PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I think I would. Throughout my "raiding" career there never was one such incident though, so I am not 100% positive.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
06/08/2012 13:38Posted by Azriyel
Because you are not like them. Because you play your game? Shouldnt it be enough reason ?

I would normally agree with this statement were it not an MMO. Since so much is group content other peoples attitudes does affect my enjoyment of the game. Personally i believe if you are expecting to get boosted, you should play a single player game. I dont mind people who listen to advice, or ask for it, because eventually they will learn enough not to need to ask any more. But the people who expect to be boosted for no justification beyond "Because you can" ruin my game experience.

06/08/2012 15:55Posted by Cleggy
Blizzard wants raiders to be able to do lfr even if they have only killed the 1st boss on normal.

Which is a fine goal, but there are other implementations of LFR that still accomplish this goal. For example, if raids operated a loot lock similar to LFR, and this loot lock extended over all difficulties, and LFR loot was only on par to 5 man heroics, then raiders can go the mode they want and progress as far as they want/can, but still do LFR later if they wanted to, but would not need to if it held no interest for them.

A lot of people did (in tbc), which is why people asked blizzard not to repeat this problem. The fact gear in LFR is also good for pvp is also a problem that needs to be addressed and is no more acceptable.
Edited by Volrag on 06/08/2012 17:56 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
You want loot lock for normals lol. I can see this happening.

Hey Kim fancy healing ??? For us were a healer down.

The following. Night

Hey Kim can you help us in ??? We're a healer down.

That weekend

Hey Kim why you not riaing with us tonight you have signed up
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage

Hey Kim fancy healing ??? For us were a healer down.

The following. Night

Hey Kim can you help us in ??? We're a healer down.

That weekend

Hey Kim why you not riaing with us tonight you have signed up

Normal/HC mode raiders have to make a choice.

1, Whine and cry because they are forced into RF.

or

2, Whine and cry because they can't help someone out in RF as they got saved on Normal.

Given that according to them RF shouldn't even exist and is the work of satan, I don't think many will whine about the latter.

Do you?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'll shout for joy that I am able to use rf
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
06/08/2012 18:45Posted by Cleggy

No, it was a hypothetical scenario. I would prefer LFR to just reward gear equal to heroic 5 mans so raiders can sod the whole concept in its entirity. LFR was made for people who dont raid, so i dont see why they should force raiders into it.
Edited by Volrag on 06/08/2012 19:03 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It happened when 10's and 25's we're sepparated. Your healers and tanks felt forced to help gear up alts and new raid members.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
06/08/2012 19:08Posted by Cleggy
It happened when 10's and 25's we're sepparated. Your healers and tanks felt forced to help gear up alts and new raid members.

Which is why they were merged.

Strangely, blizz reintroduce this problem in a more annoying form with the current implementation of LFR. If the problem in a more tolerable state was not acceptable 2 years ago why should it be acceptable now?
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
06/08/2012 19:02Posted by Volrag

No, it was a hypothetical scenario. I would prefer LFR to just reward gear equal to heroic 5 mans so raiders can sod the whole concept in its entirity. LFR was made for people who dont raid, so i dont see why they should force raiders into it.

Totally agree with you.

Then I'd run bite sized 5 mans and not feel compelled to run hour long RF raids.

Do you see the problem there from Blizzards perspective and from the Normal/HC mode raiders perspective who wish the future development of raid content to be financially viable?

Blue posters already said that raid content is too expensive to develop for it to remain viable with just a few percent using it.

You need me to play in RF more than I want to play in RF!!!
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage

Which is why they were merged.

Strangely, blizz reintroduce this problem in a more annoying form with the current implementation of LFR. If the problem in a more tolerable state was not acceptable 2 years ago why should it be acceptable now?

Totally agree. It is inconsistent. Organised raiders should not have been forced into RF.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Lfr is not raiding... Lfr is not hard... Lfr takes no time... It can be done as a guild for easy gearing up or on your own in your own time.

I never felt forced... I enjoy lfr... It gives me something to do that is similar to raiding but is not as hard or taxing
Edited by Cleggy on 06/08/2012 19:23 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/08/2012 16:46Posted by Exiasee
I think I would. Throughout my "raiding" career there never was one such incident though, so I am not 100% positive.

I would. I grinded pvp dailies on a horrible spider infested island to get a trinket, I've changed professions, and I was guilded with 2 rogues who did exactly that in TBC: they pvp'ed for the best weapons. I wouldn't like to grind in pvp, I'd even dislike it more than I yawn my way through LFR, but if it was something I could do within my alloted gametime to do for the best for my guild I'd do it.

06/08/2012 16:34Posted by Azriyel
Feeling forced to do something in game to be pulling your own weight in team will cause anyone feel bored, upset, and exhausted. regardless of PvE or PvP.

This.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 19:08Posted by Cleggy

What ? That wasn't reason they were merged. it was because of 10 points on achievement tab.
Reply Quote
Community
It is indeed a possibility that we might make LFR share lockout with normal raids, but it is not something we are planning currently.

We have seen a lot of assumptions about how raid content will be run in Mists of Pandaria, and we find that many of these assumptions are based off of only one tier in Cataclysm, Dragon Soul, which happens to be something of an exception as it is the last tier of the expansion that also happens to be the only raid currently found in LFR. This just does not provide a very accurate means of measuring the way raid progression will work over the course of an entire expansion. Had the LFR been released from the launch of Cataclysm, and thus included more raids, things would quite possibly have been different than they are now.

We acknowledge that sometimes some raiders might feel obliged to run LFR for every advantage possible, but it isn't our intention that raiders should feel this way. We have not designed progression with the goal of making people feel obliged to continue running LFR for weeks and weeks on top of their normal progression.

A particularly stifling issue that would result from shared lockouts is the barrier to "upward mobility". Many players who primarily use LFR may occasionally join their friends or guildmates on a normal mode raid later in the week, or may want to try their hand in a normal mode PUG that offers better loot after they have learned the encounters in LFR. If LFR and normals shared a lockout, it would be impossible to do this, which we see as a problem, because we like the fact that LFR can serve as a gateway into organized raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
It's never going to happen :

1) It would make ppl qq
2) It certainly would make some people quit

Ppl quiting > less profits > shareholders qqing and blizzard getting whooped for their dumb decission.

-

And for the so called raiders qqing about forced into it, if ur a real raider you don't mind, you make a big guild group and you clear lfr in 2 hours, our guild used to do that at the start and it was a lot of fun since we were joking and ninjapulling and stuff like that the entire time (aka full 25 guild runs). I mean personally I don't mind doing lfr every week because I go for the upgrades and the upgrades are well worth the extra hours you put into completing lfr a few times each week, and I'm sure the majority of raiders will agree on it.

Also the problem with the community is not a burnt out feeling.. it's more like you are becoming lazy and you want to do less and less and get more rewards for it aswell. If you want to know what a burn out really is, go do a job at a factory for a year with monotome and repetitive work and you will never complain about having a 'burn out' on a virtual game.
Edited by Hikashuri on 24/08/2012 12:32 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]