Is it possible to turn off the background downloader?

62 Tauren Paladin
Like several other people (see other threads), I am unable to play WoW due to my router crashing whenever I log into WoW.

This does not happen with any other online games and has only been happening since (approximately) the beginning of August 2012.

I have been told that this may be due to the constant background download that is going on at the moment.

So, to test this theory, is there any way to turn the background download off ?

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Click on launcher wow, so the tiny screen pops up.
Go to Options - download preferences and disable "download while playing world of warcraft" and I think aswell peer-to-peer transfer.
Edited by Inazuma on 14/08/2012 11:23 BST
Reply Quote
62 Tauren Paladin
Thank you Inazuma ...

... I have tried that (disabling both "download while playing" AND "peer-to-peer) but at the bottom of the launcher it is still marked:

World of Warcraft is up to date
Downloading data for next update

Is that normal ?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have everything disabled and only have the msg 'World of Warcraft is up to date" next to the play button. I never seen the other, so can't help you there but I wouldn't say it's normal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]