Why do you play Alliance?

90 Goblin Shaman
I'm wondering. I mean, I just find playing Alliance so...boring because every race and every city is a cliche that's been done to death and I find them very boring.Stormwind is just another damn medieval city.
So, anyone reading, riddle me this:
1) Why do you prefer Horde/Alliance over the other?
2)What's your favorite race and why?

For me? It's gotta be Horde and Goblins. Mostly because it presents the 'bad side' of the medieval fantasy setting (I know they're not evil but Races like Orcs and Trolls usually are) And for Goblins? Well,they're gnomes without the Punt-ability and about 5x the charm.

Yourself?
90 Pandaren Rogue
And horde is 100% warhammer cliche, your point?
85 Human Priest
I keep trying to play horde but for some reason i get pulled back to alliance.
i think its the leveling zones and some races i dont like. To dark, or looking to evil..

I do have to say i would love to have some horde mounts...
Edited by Erona on 13/08/2012 11:25 BST
90 Goblin Shaman
I didn't mean to 'offend' anyone, I just wanted to know, Jesus...
90 Goblin Shaman
13/08/2012 11:14Posted by Machaggis
And horde is 100% warhammer cliche, your point?

And I haven't played Warhammer, so its new to me and I like it.
90 Pandaren Hunter
I prefer it. Horde races are ugly, they're not among my favourite races from all the previous fantasy stories I've taken part of. The Horde = the faction I level alts on to get a little variation, and then 99% of the time they will go Alliance at 85.

I prefer Alliance cities, Alliance races, Alliance mounts (the only Horde mounts I really like = I have from rare drops, Kodo, Raptor, Skeletal horse and hawkstrider), Alliance zones...

Horde to me feels like something that lures the adolescent boys wanting to play the "badass" side. This is obviously not always the case, but own experience > rational thinking. Also with the lore in place, I kinda like the thought of having an ordinary melee human who can take on a Tauren or Orc. Makes him feel like a hero, really.

My favourite race are the dwarves, but sadly I cannot play a female dwarf with red hair because of the sloppy visuals on them when it comes to mounts and casting and such. Hopefully this will change when we get a remake. I love the dwarves for their interest in lore, their hunting history, their starting zone and home, their accent...I adore them.

Draenei is second favourite thanks to THEIR lore, and the looks = the most unique I've ever seen.

So...why NOT play Alliance? They have the same content available to them, just in different packages. I fail to see how they're more cliché than the Horde, really. And let's not forget, the most popular Horde race = Blood elves.
Edited by Rorcanna on 13/08/2012 11:25 BST
90 Goblin Shaman
13/08/2012 11:24Posted by Rorcanna
So...why NOT play Alliance? They have the same content available to them, just in different packages. I fail to see how they're more cliché than the Horde, really.

S'all about personal taste, and I haven't played Warhammer, which is where Horde seems to get their cliches, so I find it new and exciting, more so then Alliance.
85 Dwarf Paladin
I miss the...hangout hub at horde side, idk, I just don't feel like I can go to org and start random chat. And I miss the horde equivalent of GS (no, not thwe AD one)
90 Night Elf Druid
I am yet to understand why people choose to play those god aweful looking goblins when there's undeads, trolls, orcs and taurens on horde side to choose from.
Why do I play Alliance? For the same reason that I get up in the morning. Because I still can.
Edited by Panamat on 13/08/2012 11:28 BST
90 Goblin Shaman
13/08/2012 11:27Posted by Kungzharel
god aweful looking goblins

*sniff*
1 Troll Hunter
I play the hordes cause alliance some times 2 sweet for a machotrollol.
Love the wild nature and violnce hordes have .:) pure sinsticts yes mon :)
For the Horde
90 Pandaren Hunter
13/08/2012 11:27Posted by Maddi
Too pretty for me. Ick. You can have them.

I don't like them either. Too dainty. In the Alliance we have beautiful AND strong females. On the Horde they either have tusks, 2 toes or fur...or green skin. :)

You can have the worgen females though, those things would fit right in.
Edited by Rorcanna on 13/08/2012 11:36 BST
90 Goblin Shaman
13/08/2012 11:35Posted by Rorcanna
I don't like them either. Too dainty.

Female belfs should have a 1% chance to break a bone when they swing a 2h weapon.Eh, The Horde needs a 'pretty' race to bring in the 13 year olds to fill in our ranks. Without them we'd be empty.
90 Goblin Shaman
13/08/2012 11:35Posted by Rorcanna
On the Horde they either have tusks, 2 toes or fur...or green skin. :)

WHY is green skin bad? :( Keep your creepy gnomes.
90 Gnome Priest
Terenas Alliance has the better economy.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]