Your most embarrassing or stupidest moment on Wow?

90 Human Warrior
A mix of lack of sleep and a lot of hard work. i fall a sleep in a raid and run in to a group of corehounds in MC.
Back in lvl 60
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Back in WotLK, right before Thaddius, where you have to jump. I fell in the water like 2 times in a row, all the raid was looking at me... :S
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
That moment when you type "brb sex" instead of "brb sec", we've all had it.
Reply Quote
25 Human Paladin
Recently, playing as Tank with this guy in Stormwind Stockade I was waiting by the boss. I did a ready check (asking if everyone was ready for me to pull) and received absolutely no answer. Waited a second for response then Warlock sends his demon in to pull. I respond with a rage of "ffs! I asked if you were ready!!" watch for a little while, then leave thinking "fine, have it your way!"

It was only after I left that I realised I'd been typing all that in guild chat. I felt so stupid I could've cried :$
Edited by Dantro on 10/08/2012 22:03 BST
Reply Quote
18 Gnome Rogue
Having a conversation with a friend once, and I say, "Logging off soon, I think I'm getting *ick".
His response was something along the lines of "LOLWUT". I realised the mistake pretty damn quickly. :D
Reply Quote
When I first started playing I'd see people with the jenkins title and I thought it was some kind of Welsh guild.
Reply Quote
Community
This weekend, I was doing my Cloud Serpent dailies on my alliance character. I got the quest to defeat Big Bao in the ring, so I headed over. A horde player was in the middle of tackling him, so I sat and waited. The horde guy failed the fight and was killed, but came back and healed himself up before starting the fight again. He died again. I took the opportunity to run in and kill Bao while the guy was making his second run back, and managed it without much trouble.

I felt bad for the horde dude, so I stuck around and waited for the guy to get back and heal up. When he was ready, I moved over and indicated I would help, pointing at Bao. So, the horde seemingly reluctantly started the fight for the third time. I jumped in, ready to flatten Bao in seconds and get a buzz from helping someone. However, to my horror, I couldn't attack Bao. Being a special quest mob, only the person on the quest could attack him I guess :-/

So, I had to stand and watch helplessly as the poor guy died a third time. Well, I would have waited, but the fight dragged on towards its inevitable end so I actually slowly backed away, hopping on my mount and flew away quickly :S

If you read this, poor horde person, I'm sorry :(
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 12:05Posted by Mylor
Jumping off cliffs on my alts and then facedesking when I realise I'm not on my druid.

Being on any character, and hitting my mount button whilst flying at 1000feet. Doing that for the 100th time, and dieing once again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Disengaging off of the middle in EOTS. Bad times.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Embarrassing?
Probably having 24 people listening to my stupid laughs for several minutes with my brother while I forgot to mute the mic.

I don't do stupid things, I learn from my mistakes ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Drowning on a DK. All my toons except my DK have zero fall damage, dying on him due to dismounting. And PoFing water from a height, also dying.

I'm not a very good DK.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This weekend, I was doing my Cloud Serpent dailies on my alliance character. I got the quest to defeat Big Bao in the ring, so I headed over. A horde player was in the middle of tackling him, so I sat and waited. The horde guy failed the fight and was killed, but came back and healed himself up before starting the fight again. He died again. I took the opportunity to run in and kill Bao while the guy was making his second run back, and managed it without much trouble.

I felt bad for the horde dude, so I stuck around and waited for the guy to get back and heal up. When he was ready, I moved over and indicated I would help, pointing at Bao. So, the horde seemingly reluctantly started the fight for the third time. I jumped in, ready to flatten Bao in seconds and get a buzz from helping someone. However, to my horror, I couldn't attack Bao. Being a special quest mob, only the person on the quest could attack him I guess :-/

So, I had to stand and watch helplessly as the poor guy died a third time. Well, I would have waited, but the fight dragged on towards its inevitable end so I actually slowly backed away, hopping on my mount and flew away quickly :S

If you read this, poor horde person, I'm sorry :(

This bothers me; How does one die while questing?
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Human Death Knight
Getting the boat from Stormwind to Northrend, then aiming my character in a Dalaran-ish direction and going downstairs to grab a drink. Naturally, I return to a corpse in Wintergrasp. You'd think after all these years I'd know better, but I make the same mistake every time. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Going afk in vally of the four winds, thinking that being 40y of the ground, right over the halfhill village to boot, should keep me safe from any random aggressive mob. . . Repeating this mistake every time I go afk in VotFW.

Trying to take a little "shortcut" from Kun-Lai Summit to Towlong Steppes. By scaling and jumping of the great wall. Ends up timing my heroic leap badly and die from the fall damage. Then realize I have no way of getting to my corpse, and have to use the spirit healer.

Running heroic TBC shadow labyrinth for transmog. Since I am lvl 90 and baddass I figure I might as well pull the entire instance for some easy cash. Yeah. Turns out some of those mobs have a bash skill, and I spend the next 45 sec getting stunnlocked and poked to death, wiping on Murmur.
Edited by Melvia on 05/11/2012 17:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Trying to act cool in an AV game by going /afk to lure people in for a surprise attack. Yeah. My head met my desk when I saw the load screen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
In recent memory...
Screaming "I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING" as I jump off a cliff and pop my Goblin Glider. I go about 5 yards, hit an invisible wall, and pitifully falling down to my death as I panic and undo the glider.
Reply Quote
05/11/2012 16:44Posted by Huntórz
This bothers me; How does one die while questing?

Through laxness and complacence. You know you can beat the mob, you fire a serpent sting, and let the pet take care of it, then alt tab out, alt tab back in to find you are dead. Or pull 30 mobs when you can only handle 6.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Mage
Making macros for my warrior a while back and was reusing old macros, among one an old trade chat macro I had for selling potions.
Didn't pay much attention making my new spell reflect macro but I was quite surprised when it didn't work. So I spammed it a few times just to make sure and I kept spamming it as tried to figure out if I was to low on rage or in the wrong stance when I suddenly recived a whisper saying: "STOP SPAMMING!"
It was then that I noticed I still had "/2 WTS elixir of.." in the beginning of my new macro.

Thought I learned my lesson untill I did it again but with an Guild recruitment add turned into a charge macro.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
A recent stupidity of mine was done in a LFR with many guildies. We were on Elegon and I was very focused on dps'ing the boss, and forgot to run out in time after the orbs hit the pillars. I tried to shadowstep to a healer, and it worked... only the healer was facing the big hole, and I landed behind him, and the shadowstep sprint effect made me storm back out into the hole and I was ridiculed a lot!

It was a pretty hole though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Back in the Burning Crusade days and the Hellfire PvP Daily Quest, I was about to tag one objective with my Troll Warrior, when an Alliance Warlock came in (both level 70). I was Prot specced and not that experienced in PvP, yet I still managed to bring him down to ~5% while I was at roughly 50% of my life. I was charging to stun, interrupting, then running away just to stun him again with another charge and so on - pretty hectic fight on my side.

Next thing I know, I took a step too far for that last charge which would have been followed by the Shield Slam that would have killed that warlock... falling to my death, leaving a suddenly victorious warlock up on that edge of the wall. Pretty depressing and embarrassing at the same time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]