All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

Blizzard Employee
With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Po
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Panda and its reserved by moi!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
For a second I though, locks could be draeneis.
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

This part confuses me. First you say that the pandaren will be included on this patch 5.0.4 thing, then you say that they will become available to play with mists launch. Which is it? Will I be able to faction change to a panda on august 29th or will I have to wait till 25th Sep?
Edited by Favourite on 16/08/2012 18:14 BST
Reply Quote
Wow this is a step in the right direction i must admit, but you know what would be even better anyone with a preordered copy could lvl a pandaren monk when 5.0.4 comes out instead of rushing when the game is released they could enjoy getting to 85 with time to spare before MoP is released.

Thumbs up if you agree?
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
I want a refund. Being a pandaren was the - ONLY - reason I pre-ordered MOP. I don't care about leveling up to 90.
Edited by Grinlóck on 16/08/2012 18:17 BST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
16/08/2012 18:14Posted by Favourite
This part confuses me. First you say that the pandaren will be included on this patch 5.0.4 thing, then you say that they will become available to play with mists launch. Which is it? Will I be able to faction change to a panda on august 29th or will I have to wait till 25th Sep?

It means the Pandaren will be playable at 25th of September, however anyone will be able to play a Panda, no matter what expansion your account is upgraded to.

It does not mean you can play them at patch 5.0.4.
Edited by Gontier on 16/08/2012 18:21 BST
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
16/08/2012 18:16Posted by Gontier

It means the Pandaren will be playable at 25th of September, however anyone will be able to play a Panda, no matter what expansion your account is upgraded to.

It does not mean you can play them at patch 5.0.4.

Then they should really change the announcement because its not "all races available in 5.0.4" it's "all races except pandaren in 5.0.4. You will however be able to play pandarens with any level of expansion once we release mists".
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
So what did I just pay for. What else are you going to make free that I just bought? Any chance of refunds...
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
16/08/2012 18:17Posted by Ashstone
So what did I just pay for. What else are you going to make free that I just bought? Any chance of refunds...

I agree with you, dwarf! The only thing you get is the ability to level 85-90 Unless that's now free too...
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage
Saneko.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This is a really good change :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am curious how many active subscribers are playing without the latest expansion.

Because I think not many, if any, players do.

That makes this gesture practically meaningless.
Reply Quote

I agree with you, dwarf! The only thing you get is the ability to level 85-90 Unless that's now free too...

You paid for the expansion holding back race or even classes in a game is wrong! if you dont want the expansion then contact who ever brought it off and get a refund it is that easy.

Edit: Why would you pay for a subscription game and not want all the content to me that makes no sense what so ever.
Edited by Apoxas on 16/08/2012 18:24 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Gnome Priest
16/08/2012 18:17Posted by Ashstone

Well all of Pandaria is only accessable if you have Mists of Pandaria. And that's a rather big place...
The Shen–zin turtle where you start out as a Pandaren is not part of Pandaria :)
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
16/08/2012 18:19Posted by Zeruge
This is a really good change :)

No it's not! I pre-purchased MoP by mistake because the button said "continue" and not "confirm" followed by taking money from paypal, and I was to the understanding that the pandaren were part of the mists of pandaria expansion, as opposed to just world of warcraft.

16/08/2012 18:22Posted by Apoxas

You paid for the expansion holding back race or even classes in a game is wrong! if you dont want the expansion then contact who ever brought it off and get a refund it is that easy.

I genuinely only bought it to be a panda...
Edited by Grinlóck on 16/08/2012 18:24 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am curious how many active subscribers are playing without the latest expansion.

Because I think not many, if any, players do.

That makes this gesture practically meaningless.

New players might want to play a goblin, or a panda.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
So what did I just pay for.[/ What else are you going to make free that I just bought? Any chance of refunds...

A new continent, dongeons, raids, battlegrounds, 5 more levels...
Edited by Culhag on 16/08/2012 18:23 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]