!!! Iranian Can't connect to wow or battle.net !!!

90 Human Paladin
There got to be some way around this madness, it's just not right to ban you because the "almighty US gov" decided so.
Not to mention the no refund part, that's sick and unfair :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only thing wich i can say is.USA goverments always telling that we supporting the people in iran.cuase we know they are different from their goverments! And they know that our people are living in place where the internet and sites are heavily filtered by goverments. ( i mean facebook,youtube,.....) and the only portal wich havent been under iranian goverments attention was world of warcraft portal. even in the game channels we could tell that what was going on in iran and my syrian friends were telling what was happening in syria. and none of wow players from syria and iran liked their goverments! and i mean they were telling bad things about them in the channels!And now they are blocked by USA goverments?thats Now quite clear and obvious for me that USA and western countries are not only the enemy of our goverments and they are the enemy of or nation too!thx for this great exprience.i was planning to if a war happend i will NOt participate in it in Iranian army! but now be sure IF u toch IRan People will fight u untill their last drop of their Blood! cuase you lost many fans of USa goverments in iran by this policy!

quote it for you here!
100 Worgen Death Knight
Our team has been watching this thread closely, and we understand the desire for more information about this situation. Blizzard Entertainment cannot speak to any reports surrounding the Iranian government restricting games from its citizens.

What we can tell you is that United States trade restrictions and economic sanction laws prohibit Blizzard from doing business with residents of certain nations, including Iran. Several of you have seen and cited the text in the Terms of Use which relates to these government-imposed sanctions. This week, Blizzard tightened up its procedures to ensure compliance with these laws, and players connecting from the affected nations are restricted from access to Blizzard games and services.

This also prevents us from providing any refunds, credits, transfers, or other service options to accounts in these countries. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and will happily lift these restrictions as soon as US law allows.

Figures this was what was going on and like others I had posted the list. Do I feel vindicated not really. Kind of sad from some angles but from others it was always a case of anyone from Iran was playing WoW on borrowed time and it would happen. Global politics are a sad fact of life and can even effect a game like this that has bought people together from different countries and backgrounds and sees no difference in any of the crap we deal with in the real world. A great shame and pity games cannot be neutral and kept out of the way of this crap but I understand the reasons why they had to do what they do.

That said Blizzard you could have at least warned them.
4 Blood Elf Priest
Hi Erfan.

What you need to understand is, that its not Blizzard punishing you, but your government screwing you over.

So vote smart.

Usa goverments want to show us that our goverments screwing us by blocking wow?
Dont yoy thinck that its not fair?
JUst go and read my earlier post on this page! and open your eyes. its not complicated!

mate, there is nothing now to do, unless the law will be reversed in regarding this issue. YOU are playing an American game, so you have to oblige to THERE law, its simple as that, given to you on a golden plate.
1 Goblin Shaman
now that im thinking, i c ...
there was plans for a nuclear warhead some where hidden in black rock, that's why they banned our IPs, they were afraid that we find the plans and give them to Ahmadi Nezhad.

Com'on blizzard/ US government! how the hell would playing wow help my government to make nuclear weapons??
90 Worgen Death Knight
This also prevents us from providing any refunds, credits, transfers, or other service options to accounts in these countries. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and will happily lift these restrictions as soon as US law allows.

I'm not affected by this, but that has to be the most pathetic retarded !@#$ I've ever read. Seriously? You take people's money (especially those who bought MoP) and say "OH SRY MEJT WE CANNOT GIVE MONEH BACK BUT I KEP IT NPNP". Cause obviously, when this pathetic ban unlifts, you really think people will come back to this game after how they were treated? You think they're gonna go "oh yay WoW is back for me, lets join Blizzards awesome ranks again where I'm treated like a Terrorist and can't play a game cause I'm probably hiding nukes somewhere"! A move like this honestly angers me. I get it, cause of laws they can't play, but you can't refund anything? Despicable.
I feel bad for you guys , the government has block 90% of the internet in iran xD gg
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Metalax, it was not the Us government blocking you, but the iranian.

Thanks to the us government, blizzard "just" can not offer you any support at all or comment on the issue.

Btw. you really need to lern how to read between the lines. Think about it, just why is this thread still open, just why didnt you have been banned yet even after stating that you are from the iran?
Edited by Raphaela on 25/08/2012 09:15 BST
90 Goblin Mage
Our team has been watching this thread closely, and we understand the desire for more information about this situation. Blizzard Entertainment cannot speak to any reports surrounding the Iranian government restricting games from its citizens.

What we can tell you is that United States trade restrictions and economic sanction laws prohibit Blizzard from doing business with residents of certain nations, including Iran. Several of you have seen and cited the text in the Terms of Use which relates to these government-imposed sanctions. This week, Blizzard tightened up its procedures to ensure compliance with these laws, and players connecting from the affected nations are restricted from access to Blizzard games and services.

Well yeah that is totally cool . after playing this many years i played for two years my friends played for six years and paying your company monthly buying stuff buying "Mist of Pandaria" now you obey the laws of united state's laws which makes no sense about an online game and ban us .
Great going blizzard Thank you very much for this awesome news .
Just one question : US government made this laws exactly after the reset or you knew about it but refused to tell us to get the money ?
90 Undead Rogue
Metalax, it was not the Us government blocking you, but the iranian.

Thanks to the us government, blizzard "just" can not offer you any support at all or comment on the issue.

Btw. you really need to lern how to read between the lines.
go and read the blue post
4 Tauren Druid
Hmmm, isn't access to these forums paid for by sales of the game. Perhaps Blizzard should close that loophole too.
90 Human Paladin
"This also prevents us from providing any refunds, credits, transfers, or other service options to accounts in these countries. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and will happily lift these restrictions as soon as US law allows"

It's rather convenient that Blizzard has suddenly tightened up its restrictions ahead of The Conference for Non Aligned Countries which is taking place in Tehran at the moment.

Please don't think all of your users are complete idiots.

Iran have probably made it very lucrative for Blizzard to block this for gamers who are in Iran so they can simply block the flow of information.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything I was simply married to an Iranian for 5 years and I am well aware of how that government operates to restrict its people.

Nice touch saying that it's the US law prohibiting you. Did Iran pay Blizzard extra for that ?

Edit: Also no consideration has been given to how much these people in Iran pay to play this game. It's a considerable amount of cash and not giving them back their money is a scandal. You couldn't do that to a player in the US or EU or anywhere else.
Edited by Pherian on 25/08/2012 09:19 BST
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I did curse .. and I thought about it, read the first line again.

"Our team has been watching this thread closely, and we understand the desire for more information about this situation. Blizzard Entertainment cannot speak to any reports surrounding the Iranian government restricting games from its citizens."

Now think about it.
85 Human Paladin
Don't panic idiots , that blue who posted have not a single idea what was the problem its still obviously a technical problem with Teliasorena.network the answer was given to shut angry people up for awhile to fix stuff , the blue who posted just used our words against us to buy time I mean seriously Blizzard would never ever block anyone only thing that matters for blizzard is your money , your money > above rules and stupid trade law just sit back and calm your mind stop making useless comments and thread this isn't your kindergarden to argue with other kids.
6 Human Warlock
Why you guys you blizzard you u.s.a don't understand game is not political and we are just gamers nothing else
100 Human Mage
EX

Edit: Also no consideration has been given to how much these people in Iran pay to play this game. It's a considerable amount of cash and not giving them back their money is a scandal. You couldn't do that to a player in the US or EU or anywhere else.

Think about that for a second, US is trying to STOP the flow of money INTO Iran. Why would a US company willing give large sums of money back to Iran.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]