Lack of respect!

85 Orc Shaman
Respect respect.. im not sure but your skin is not white i suppose.

/facepalm
Edited by Edaly on 21/08/2012 09:36 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

You're lucky you aren't my son.

You're lucky you aren't my mum.
You'd have a face as red as the sun by the sounds of it ;D

Hope you are kidding...

Slapping your mum or son...you are so low.
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Druid
21/08/2012 00:04Posted by Évíl
This is the kind of lack of respect I am talking about people. ^

Judging by this response here you have no understanding of the meaning of respect. The previous post was clearly a joke, so obviously such that any normal pwerson would not see it as serious.

This i think is your main issue, you do not understand humor.

Plus, judging by the link posted later in this thread where you effectively disrepspected everyone in sight, you have a blinkered view of how respect is gained and earned.

I'll give you an example:

Some time ago i was queueing at the checkout in a store when a woman in her 60's literally shoulder barged past and cut into the queue. Imediately i said "excuse me, but there is a queue" her response was to tell me "show some respect for your elders".

Guess what my response was?

You got it, i told her "when my elders show me respect then i will return the courtesy, just because you have lived longer doesn't automatically give you the right to treat me like crap, get to the back of the queue", i was cheered by the dozen or so people queuing with me and she wondered off with a red face.

In that single altercation i had gained the respect of dozens of people and because of her attitude she had lost the respect of those same people.

Long story short (too late!) if you don't show respect in the first instance then why the hell should anybody show you respect?
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
21/08/2012 08:33Posted by Elloral
If my parents whipped me with a belt, I'd !@#$%slap them and disown them. Seriously.
If you were one of mine I'd drive you down to the foster home myself, and then see how much you'd like the "disown" bit!
Edited by Dysnomia on 21/08/2012 09:57 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hex
21/08/2012 09:37Posted by Elloral

21/08/2012 08:44Posted by Yezebel
This is what happens when you have tons of immature people, who have no threat of being smacked upside their head when they run their mouth.

I don't support censorship of any kind. And censoring your own children is a surefire way to be hated by them.

I'm certain you'd rethink that if you saw me. Clearly your parents haven't been doing their job.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
21/08/2012 09:37Posted by Elloral

21/08/2012 08:44Posted by Yezebel
This is what happens when you have tons of immature people, who have no threat of being smacked upside their head when they run their mouth.

I don't support censorship of any kind. And censoring your own children is a surefire way to be hated by them.

Dear god, this kid explains a lot about the current generation.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hex
21/08/2012 10:04Posted by Totnix

I couldn't agree with you more.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage

I don't slap my parents. I would if they physically disciplined me, though. It's physical abuse, much like slapping; And yet, I still do what my mum (Not my dad, hes a douche) says 99% of the time. Like I said, Respect isn't gained through title, it's earned through equality.

21/08/2012 09:55Posted by Yezebel
I'm certain you'd rethink that if you saw me. Clearly your parents haven't been doing their job.

No, I really wouldn't. The only reason I'm not running around on a game giving abuse to people is that I was shown equality by my parents, instead of control freaking.
Edited by Elloral on 21/08/2012 10:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
21/08/2012 09:52Posted by Drél
This is the kind of lack of respect I am talking about people. ^

Judging by this response here you have no understanding of the meaning of respect. The previous post was clearly a joke, so obviously such that any normal pwerson would not see it as serious.

This i think is your main issue, you do not understand humor.

Plus, judging by the link posted later in this thread where you effectively disrepspected everyone in sight, you have a blinkered view of how respect is gained and earned.

I'll give you an example:

Some time ago i was queueing at the checkout in a store when a woman in her 60's literally shoulder barged past and cut into the queue. Imediately i said "excuse me, but there is a queue" her response was to tell me "show some respect for your elders".

Guess what my response was?

You got it, i told her "when my elders show me respect then i will return the courtesy, just because you have lived longer doesn't automatically give you the right to treat me like crap, get to the back of the queue", i was cheered by the dozen or so people queuing with me and she wondered off with a red face.

In that single altercation i had gained the respect of dozens of people and because of her attitude she had lost the respect of those same people.

Long story short (too late!) if you don't show respect in the first instance then why the hell should anybody show you respect?

Ok people going on about that thread which was a few months ago. It posted because I am not going to lie I was hated on my server because no one treated me with respect so I never respected anyone. It's not until I realised that to be respected, you need to respect other people and still I recieve no respect from people like you.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
21/08/2012 10:12Posted by Évíl
Ok people going on about that thread which was a few months ago. It posted because I am not going to lie I was hated on my server because no one treated me with respect so I never respected anyone. It's not until I realised that to be respected, you need to respect other people and still I recieve no respect from people like you.

Ironically, It's the 'YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH" people who are the least respectful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4jn77VKlQ
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Druid
21/08/2012 10:12Posted by Évíl
still I recieve no respect from people like you.

Show me in that post anywhere where i disrespected you?

I didn't, i was politely explaining to you that you missunderstood the previous posters humor and that maybe the issue was with yourself in not realising that someone joking with you is not meant as disrespect, otherwise we'd all be boring.

Using the above quoted phrase in response to someone who is not disrepecting you is infact disrespectful in itself.

Again, i don't think you understand the meaning of respect and are laying blame where there is none, taking things out of context and over reacting.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
20/08/2012 23:59Posted by Évíl
Theres lack of respect on this game, and it sickens me.

It's the price wow had to pay for accessibility.

You want fairly fast dungeon runs at any hour? LFG is great and it does that, but it has to use people from other servers.

In lack of a "reputation" system that existed empirically in the server bound communities, everybody knows they can treat the others in their worst, since they will prolly never see the person again.

You want raiding content available without a guild and close to no commitments? LFR is great. But since everybody knows the others will need on whatever they can...everybody does it. Again, no repercussions for bad behavior, leaving during combat and !@#$ing your group up or simply %^-*ty performance under the logical possibilities of your gear.

Freedom has a price. It sadly often means "freedom to be a dick". The unrealistic expectation is to believe that blizzard can do something about it and still keep their "content for all" mantra.

The realistic solution - stand up for yourself. Ignore the ones trying to ruin your day. Try to be better yourself than those you hate. Don't be lazy and read the reason why somebody is votekicked and decide for yourself if you should press that button too, don't just press yes to get it off your screen. Try to help others at least sometimes without any reward if you can be arsed. Solve your own problems, it feels better than behaving like a kid that runs for his mommy for anything. Be more tolerant, being offended at any stupid thing is not as cool as it sounds. Laugh more and "lol" less.

On short, be yourself a real person, a decent one, different than what blizzard tells you to be: an anonymous number in their statistics that only cares about accumulating more pixels. They don't care. It's up to you to find things that are really worth it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Respect isn't something you demand by making a rant on the forums, but rather earned through your actions.

Edit: No one is obliged to respect you simply because you're a "Veteran".

One respects another for being a fellow human. The fact that you're on the Internet doesn't change a damn thing about that. Especially when you don't know others, there is all the more reason to show respect to them, until you get to know them better.

One can never, EVER, judge a book by its cover, so treat it properly and get to know it before you smash it into a campfire. You may just neatly put it back on the shelve for future reading.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
21/08/2012 10:25Posted by Saphiramoon
Theres lack of respect on this game, and it sickens me.

It's the price wow had to pay for accessibility.

You want fairly fast dungeon runs at any hour? LFG is great and it does that, but it has to use people from other servers.

In lack of a "reputation" system that existed empirically in the server bound communities, everybody knows they can treat the others in their worst, since they will prolly never see the person again.

You want raiding content available without a guild and close to no commitments? LFR is great. But since everybody knows the others will need on whatever they can...everybody does it. Again, no repercussions for bad behavior, leaving during combat and !@#$ing your group up or simply %^-*ty performance under the logical possibilities of your gear.

Freedom has a price. It sadly often means "freedom to be a dick". The unrealistic expectation is to believe that blizzard can do something about it and still keep their "content for all" mantra.

The realistic solution - stand up for yourself. Ignore the ones trying to ruin your day. Try to be better yourself than those you hate. Don't be lazy and read the reason why somebody is votekicked and decide for yourself if you should press that button too, don't just press yes to get it off your screen. Try to help others at least sometimes without any reward if you can be arsed. Solve your own problems, it feels better than behaving like a kid that runs for his mommy for anything. Be more tolerant, being offended at any stupid thing is not as cool as it sounds. Laugh more and "lol" less.

On short, be yourself a real person, a decent one, different than what blizzard tells you to be: an anonymous number in their statistics that only cares about accumulating more pixels. They don't care. It's up to you to find things that are really worth it.

You shall be a really good pandaren monk. Karma, my friend. Karma.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
Respect isn't something you demand by making a rant on the forums, but rather earned through your actions.

Edit: No one is obliged to respect you simply because you're a "Veteran".

One respects another for being a fellow human. The fact that you're on the Internet doesn't change a damn thing about that. Especially when you don't know others, there is all the more reason to show respect to them, until you get to know them better.

One can never, EVER, judge a book by its cover, so treat it properly and get to know it before you smash it into a campfire. You may just neatly put it back on the shelve for future reading.

You can.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51UDgJd52VL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
Nuff said.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
21/08/2012 10:18Posted by Drél
still I recieve no respect from people like you.

Show me in that post anywhere where i disrespected you?

I didn't, i was politely explaining to you that you missunderstood the previous posters humor and that maybe the issue was with yourself in not realising that someone joking with you is not meant as disrespect, otherwise we'd all be boring.

Using the above quoted phrase in response to someone who is not disrepecting you is infact disrespectful in itself.

Again, i don't think you understand the meaning of respect and are laying blame where there is none, taking things out of context and over reacting.

You see, you talked about how an elderly woman came up to you and guess what "She disrspected you" so you retaliated because you know that you deserve to be respected as a fellow human being. You disrespected her like she disrespected you. You're no different from what I am or once was. Do you understand? I was disrspectful to people who disrespect me. If that woman did not disrespect you in that way, I'm sure you would of not disrespected her.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
21/08/2012 10:29Posted by Elloral
You shall be a really good pandaren monk. Karma, my friend. Karma.

Not sure about that, I kinda suck with melee, but hey, its encouraging, thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]