Back after 2 years...what did I miss?

90 Undead Mage
So...TL:DR version: I stopped playing during WOTLK and I just got back into the game

I thought of starting fresh with a new Undead mage on a PVP server (outland) with a high population

What happened during this time? what did I miss? Any big changes to PVP or PVE that I should be aware of? Anything changed in Leveling?

Any advice or general information from players regarding this would be appreciated

Thanks a lot
Reply Quote
88 Undead Death Knight
I'd suggest you to go to Twisting Nether instead ;). More pvp players, pro PvE guilds~ such as Method. Really great competition when it comes to PvP lots of world ganking around (we're pretty much old school when it comes to PvP)

Leveling is acutally fun. I'd higly suggest you to do quests instead of Spamming Random dungeons. Everything related to horde during Cataclysm (quest wide) is amazing. My favorite quests were at Stonetalon and 1k needles.

Anyway if you decie to level at Twisting Nether drop me a whisper and I'll help you a bit. Just PM asmoda and I'll give you few coins and stuff ;)!

~Leveling: It got much easier, good exp from quests instant dungeon queues... well close to instant.

~PvP is not that balanced currently ;(. But it's not bad either. Just make sure to stay away from pvp at least untill lvl 70 ;)!
Edited by Xerathina on 19/08/2012 02:53 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Pfff, i'm afraid you'll find the game has changed quite a bit. Personally I think in a bad way but oppinions may differ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
U missed nothing, Cataclysm was a disaster. Lets hope MoP will restore wow in its former glory.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
20/08/2012 08:14Posted by Kededian
U missed nothing, Cataclysm was a disaster. Lets hope MoP will restore wow in its former glory.

agree
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
2 years of whining & calling for Nerfs. That's about it really.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
The whole old world was redone, some of the dungeons too. Dungeon relevant quests are now at the entrance, so you don't have to run like an idiot for 1 hour to deliver a quest. Questing is more fun, not just "kill 19 wolves". The mobs are easier to handle. The elites are mostly gone. And of course, the leveling is extremely fast

And be warned: Outland sucks!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Gnome Mage
20/08/2012 08:36Posted by Moso
Personally I always have alot more difficulty to persuade myself to continue levelling when I reach Northrend rather then Outland .. as you breeze through Outland quite fast
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
you picked a good realm in outland to restart, will have the most world pvp going on out of all the servers currently, only thing is when mop hits their probably will be high queue times.
Reply Quote
45 Night Elf Hunter
20/08/2012 08:36Posted by Moso
Questing is more fun, not just "kill 19 wolves".

I find that this is hardly true. It appears as though the majority still ask this. As for levelling, it's become so stupidly easy that you'll probably be done with your mage within a week, tops. Boring as hell, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hex
You missed the game being ruined even more.

But on a positive note, you've come back just in time for pandas.....that know....kung-fu....
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Rogue
20/08/2012 08:45Posted by Celiby
Personally I always have alot more difficulty to persuade myself to continue levelling when I reach Northrend rather then Outland .. as you breeze through Outland quite fast

I think he was referring to the realm OP has his character on.. haha.
Edited by Boem on 20/08/2012 09:26 BST
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
19/08/2012 02:52Posted by Xerathina
Really great competition when it comes to PvP lots of world ganking around

Yep, this is not true.

Alliance side on TN is dead and gone, I should know, I migrated away from that wasteland.

The Horde side on the other hand, is thriving.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hex
20/08/2012 09:08Posted by Shadowlust

I find that this is hardly true. It appears as though the majority still ask this. As for levelling, it's become so stupidly easy that you'll probably be done with your mage within a week, tops. Boring as hell, in my opinion.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

I mean the server :))))))))))))

And ofc there is that "Outland sucks" quest from which I got inspired

20/08/2012 09:08Posted by Shadowlust

66.87% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The same is your "majority". I have yet to meet one that misses 1 hour travels to deliver a quest. Of course, I don't know any insane people.

As for "ease", well, this is WoW, the game that is end-game oriented. An no, no, no, WoW was never hard to level. It was just BORING and TEDIOUS
Edited by Moso on 20/08/2012 10:55 BST
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
You missed the destruction and rise of Deathwing, the marriage of Aggra and Thrall, Thrall leaving the mantle of Warchief, nerfs to Death Knights, mages, druids, rogues, priests and many other classes, the buffing of said classes and more, the destruction of Grim Batol, the defeat of the Lich King, the re-vamping of all the zones, new tier sets, new pvp sets, patch 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, the announcement of Mists of Pandaria, the new expansion, The Mega Bloks announcement, Doomhammer sale, Transmogrification, Transmogrification announcement, Void Storage, Void Storage announcement, 8 new bosses, Looking for Raid, the announcement of a new race and class, new armor, new weapons, 3 new legendaries (4 if you count the second dagger as one), the first rogue legendary, new quests, old zones made new, Realm Chip auction sale, Kung Fu Panda threads, Mists of Pandaria threads, Doomsday threads, WoW is dying threads, Quitting threads, xoxo threads, transmogrification threads, missing Vanilla threads, new PvP content, new battlegrounds, Archaeology, Cataclysm lead-up quests, new raids, the re-birth of Ragnaros, the nerfing of Firelands of Patch 4.2 raid, the optional Nerfing of the Dragon Soul raids, Looking for Raid tier sets, Me, new Alchemical, Enchanting, inscription, leatherworking, first aid, fishing and more professional vocations revamped, new zones, the first underwater zone, new dungeons, Tol Barad PvP area, Tol Barad quests, Mists of Pandaria cinematic, the dramatic increase of Leveling faster, easier mobs, easier quests, cutscenes, phasing used more, new pets, new companions, new spells in all classes, new achievements, new Glory achievements, a Blizzard store mount, Blizzard store new pets, the revamping of some seasonal events, new seasonal event rewards, the introduction of summer challenges, haters, Gamescom announced, 3 new books (one is released on the 28th), ghost posts, bugs, glitches and an important security update to many people (especially North Americans), art gallery updates, website revamped, Authenticator introduced, quests in nearly every dungeon, Diablo 3 released, drop in subscribers, no new updates in real-world World of Warcraft up until 29th, 5.0.4 released on 29th, Benedictus a betrayer, Twilight cult destroyed, Old Gods pushed back, Malygos dead, Aspects lose their status, Algalon's defeat, easier to grind reputation with Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle and a few others that required time to complete, goblins joining the Horde, Worgen joining the Alliance, the forging of the Council of three hammers, Moira has a son, Anduin is a hippie, Varian is the opposite, Garrosh is raging, the rest of the Horde and Alliance get pop-corn and watch, Sylvanas invents the plague and uses it to decimate Alliance forces, Deathwing destroyed a lot of places, the Forging of Quel'Delar, the Destruction of Frostmourne, Bolvar becoming the Lich King.

...wait, you didn't mean literally?
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
Move away from Outlands. 90% of the PvPers with elite amor are boosted in RBG
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You missed the destruction and rise of Deathwing, the marriage of Aggra and Thrall, Thrall leaving the mantle of Warchief, nerfs to Death Knights, mages, druids, rogues, priests and many other classes, the buffing of said classes and more, the destruction of Grim Batol, the defeat of the Lich King, the re-vamping of all the zones, new tier sets, new pvp sets, patch 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, the announcement of Mists of Pandaria, the new expansion, The Mega Bloks announcement, Doomhammer sale, Transmogrification, Transmogrification announcement, Void Storage, Void Storage announcement, 8 new bosses, Looking for Raid, the announcement of a new race and class, new armor, new weapons, 3 new legendaries (4 if you count the second dagger as one), the first rogue legendary, new quests, old zones made new, Realm Chip auction sale, Kung Fu Panda threads, Mists of Pandaria threads, Doomsday threads, WoW is dying threads, Quitting threads, xoxo threads, transmogrification threads, missing Vanilla threads, new PvP content, new battlegrounds, Archaeology, Cataclysm lead-up quests, new raids, the re-birth of Ragnaros, the nerfing of Firelands of Patch 4.2 raid, the optional Nerfing of the Dragon Soul raids, Looking for Raid tier sets, Me, new Alchemical, Enchanting, inscription, leatherworking, first aid, fishing and more professional vocations revamped, new zones, the first underwater zone, new dungeons, Tol Barad PvP area, Tol Barad quests, Mists of Pandaria cinematic, the dramatic increase of Leveling faster, easier mobs, easier quests, cutscenes, phasing used more, new pets, new companions, new spells in all classes, new achievements, new Glory achievements, a Blizzard store mount, Blizzard store new pets, the revamping of some seasonal events, new seasonal event rewards, the introduction of summer challenges, haters, Gamescom announced, 3 new books (one is released on the 28th), ghost posts, bugs, glitches and an important security update to many people (especially North Americans), art gallery updates, website revamped, Authenticator introduced, quests in nearly every dungeon, Diablo 3 released, drop in subscribers, no new updates in real-world World of Warcraft up until 29th, 5.0.4 released on 29th, Benedictus a betrayer, Twilight cult destroyed, Old Gods pushed back, Malygos dead, Aspects lose their status, Algalon's defeat, easier to grind reputation with Timbermaw, Cenarion Circle and a few others that required time to complete, goblins joining the Horde, Worgen joining the Alliance, the forging of the Council of three hammers, Moira has a son, Anduin is a hippie, Varian is the opposite, Garrosh is raging, the rest of the Horde and Alliance get pop-corn and watch, Sylvanas invents the plague and uses it to decimate Alliance forces, Deathwing destroyed a lot of places, the Forging of Quel'Delar, the Destruction of Frostmourne, Bolvar becoming the Lich King.

...wait, you didn't mean literally?

Holy flip, that's a lot of stuff in 2 years.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]