The Wrathgate Scenario

90 Orc Death Knight
Now that we will get the Scenario's in the comming patch/expansion, what if the Questline with The Wrathgate and the fight for the UC can be one of those Scenario's? would that be a good choice or not? give your opinion 'bout it
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Hmm I like this idea But blizzard wouldn't do it, Like blizzard have said many times, they want the game to keep moving forward other than going back to old content
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I would love that :)

In a way, it was one of the early forms of a Scenario.
And it was lots of fun!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i dont think it would be a ver good choice, as even though i loved that questline it has been done and im sure most people would prefer new content.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I like this Idea. it can be placed in the Caverns of time?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If they dont want players to go to old continent then why does the BC and Wotlk and its dungeons/raids still exist?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I liked the battle for UC the first time I did it, but after that it was a horrible grind for a blue item every time I leveled a character.

22/08/2012 17:03Posted by Foulspawn
If they dont want players to go to old continent then why does the BC and Wotlk and its dungeons/raids still exist?

I think you took Blizzard's comment a bit too literally.
Reply Quote
I thought the concept of Battle of the Undercity was pretty cool.

I just thought the execution was terrible. Making it a scenario would be a good idea I guess, but then I hope they make it a lot better than it was.
Reply Quote
Community
22/08/2012 10:36Posted by Floodle
Hmm I like this idea But blizzard wouldn't do it, Like blizzard have said many times, they want the game to keep moving forward other than going back to old content

We are aware and do acknowledge that there are people would like us to focus some more on renewing old content, but we do indeed want the game to progress and evolve with new content. :-)

It has previously been said that adding new content is something we feel is generally more exciting than renewing old content, and this is still true today. Renewing existing content can be great in some situations, especially if it is content that is very popular or if it is content that hasn't been experienced by a large portion of the player-base, but in generally we feel it is better to spend our resources on creating new content that is fresh for everyone.

Existing content has been renewed before though, and it is most likely going to happen again in the future in some form. Even though there are no immediate plans for it, perhaps we will one day get to see the Wrathgate and the fight for the Undercity converted into scenarios :-)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
23/08/2012 12:18Posted by Vaneras
Even though there are no immediate plans for it, perhaps we will one day get to see the Wrathgate and the fight for the Undercity converted into scenarios :-)

That would be awesome. I miss those events so much. Maybe Operation: Gnomeregan and Zalazane's Fall too? I loved those.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
or maybe scenarios from 20+ and such sucks its all end game stuff
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Would you not even consider putting challenge mode difficulties in to old raids? I love new raids and I'm really looking forward to the three new ones, but it would be great on our non-progression nights to go back and do Tempest Keep in challenge mode, right?
Edited by Zeruge on 23/08/2012 13:59 BST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I'd rather want Blizzard to focus entirely on new content and fresh ideas, instead of recycling the ones we have already seen. There is just enough nostalgia 'round these parts nowadays.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
23/08/2012 12:19Posted by Skrauhg
Even though there are no immediate plans for it, perhaps we will one day get to see the Wrathgate and the fight for the Undercity converted into scenarios :-)

That would be awesome. I miss those events so much. Maybe Operation: Gnomeregan and Zalazane's Fall too? I loved those.

I was just coming to this thread to suggest that myself, it would be awesome if we could go back and relive them!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Just want to chime in and say that I'd really like to see the return of the battle of the Undercity. It and the Wrathgate chain and cinematic before it were the most epic moments of my levelling experience and I was heartbroken when the battle was removed. It just felt truncated.

Furthermore, going off what was said at Blizzcon, this is part of the stated purpose of Scenarios. You guys said yourself that it was an opportunity to make good use of existing assets. You also said you wanted it to occupy the role of group quests, and if I'm not mistaken you intended for there to be a smattering of them as you levelled to give you some epic moments to highlight the levelling experience. The Wrathgate already was such a moment and it would be great to have it back.

Realistically, the Battle for the Undercity (as well as Operation: Gnomeregan and Zalazane's Fall, which should probably also be restored) would have been a scenario if they'd existed in its time, and seeing as Theramore's Fall (a direct equivalent) is being made as a scenario that can be revisited and will never need to be removed, Battle for the Undercity and the Cataclysm events should also get that treatment, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
23/08/2012 12:18Posted by Vaneras
We are aware and do acknowledge that there are people would like us to focus some more on renewing old content, but we do indeed want the game to progress and evolve with new content. :-)

Personally, I feel there has been too much concentration on the new areas. The old world still has plenty of life and story possibilities which can form part of an XPacs journey.

That was one of the issues with cataclysm - stories just petered out.

Its one thing to sow the seeds for future stories, as with the rise of the Forsaken. Its another to simply cut off a storyline mid flow - such as what happened with Koltira. That story - and many others - should have been finished in Cataclysm and some new ones utilised in MoP to keep the story flowing and ticking over.

There are four large continents worth of story, history and possibility there and it seems a huge waste simply to forget about them because "they are old content".

But then, I thought the way Cataclysm was set up was a mistake. I don't think essentially throwing everything about Vanilla out was a good idea. I personally would have preferred the old content to be kept - streamlined and improved where necessary, but having the Cataclysm specific questlines integrated as post LK content, leaving an improved Vanilla story would, IIMO, have been much better.

As it is, the BfUC is a major development in game. It should have been better integrated into the game as it were (there is still a debate over whether it started a war or just ended cooperation for example as nothing in game links to it) , and it had the real issue that it worked far better with more players around but it was still good to have and would be ideal for a scenario....its the sort of thing new players need to actually take part in.

EJL
Edited by Talen on 23/08/2012 16:15 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I don't want old content updated and remade. It's a part of WoW history, and it should remain the same, and unchanged.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
I think what would be a good idea is to add a little part to caverns of time for people to get to the old naxx, onyxia's lair, zul aman, zul gurub and so on that have been changed, as it may give more for lvl 60's and 70's to do, or allow an option for when you go to enter certain instances the ability to decide the level of it (like for zul gurub) so that there is still something left. Either that or make servers for vanilla, tbc and wotlk so that people can go through how it was back then without the changes brought out afterwords
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Those of us who started playing in Cata never saw the battle of Undercity, since the questline was abruptly cut to end at the Wrathgate cinematic. It would be new content to us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]