Blizzard Vs. Iran

90 Gnome Mage
Gather around children it's story time!
I'm going to paint you a picture of what it's like living in Iran, But I don't wanna bore the Sh!t out of you with my sob story which will probably end up to be a !@#$ing book, so I'll get to the bottom line. Internet gaming and in general, gaming is pretty much all the entertainment an Iranian youngster or an Iranian of any age for that matter has. although I feel like blizzard don't deserve compliments right now but blizzard's games are arguably the best online games out there. Now for whatever reason that blizzard obviously don't feel like sharing, it appears blizzard's blocked the game in our region. I'm thinking either blizzard feels like Iranians have such an extraordinary country with such rich, friendly, loving and peaceful environment that they decided that we're having enough fun on our own and that their games is just too damn much for us, or there's actually a technical issue that they're trying to fix as I'm posting this thread. Either way don't you think we deserve a simple explanation ?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sure the block is at Blizzard's end?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Didnt Iran block blizzard? Because that is what I've read in the other thread and thats not really Blizzards fault or something they can help, right? :p
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Yeah take a look at this " http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5168067998?page=1 " and you'll know why I'm sure.
Reply Quote
Regrettably, it IS Iran blocking people's IPs when trying to connect to Battle.net I believe, due to several of the reasons listed in that thread. Looks like there is nothing Blizzard can do about it, which really does suck.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
No the ban ain't from Iran. our government does a lot of !@#$ and ain't scared of shouting it out loud and they've blocked pretty much all the internet and they're proudly broadcasting it to everybody so if it was them, they would have just said so like they always do. and check the trace route some of the people did, it's clearly blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My dear Iranian friend.

It's not Blizzard, it's TRADE SANCTIONS forcing Blizzard to block you, your OWN government blocking WoW or just a technical issue.

Do you REALLY think Blizzard doesn't want your money? They're most likely FORCED to block Iran, either directly or to be sure they don't get in trouble.
Edited by Vaela on 22/08/2012 20:58 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
22/08/2012 20:57Posted by Giv
No the ban ain't from Iran. our government does a lot of !@#$ and ain't scared of shouting it out loud and they've blocked pretty much all the internet and they're proudly broadcasting it to everybody so if it was them, they would have just said so like they always do. and check the trace route some of the people did, it's clearly blizzard.
I doubt Blizzard would do that. Iranian players pay for wow too, so it would be a loss of alot of money.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
22/08/2012 20:56Posted by Thorrin
Regrettably, it IS Iran blocking people's IPs when trying to connect to Battle.net I believe, due to several of the reasons listed in that thread. Looks like there is nothing Blizzard can do about it, which really does suck.

The thread on MMO-champion's forum is just some guy ASSUMING those stuff it's not FACT.
Edited by Giv on 22/08/2012 20:59 BST
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warlock
Best of luck with all of it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
22/08/2012 20:58Posted by Baby
I doubt Blizzard would do that. Iranian players pay for wow too, so it would be a loss of alot of money.
Let's hope so right?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
22/08/2012 20:59Posted by Giv

The thread on MMO-champion's forum is just some guy ASSUMING those stuff it's not FACT.
But you are assuming stuff too :p
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
My dear Iranian friend.

It's not Blizzard, it's TRADE SANCTIONS forcing Blizzard to block you, your OWN government blocking WoW or just a technical issue.

Do you REALLY think Blizzard doesn't want your money? They're most likely FORCED to block Iran, either directly or to be sure they don't get in trouble.

My money's on technical issues but I admit, you have a point.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
22/08/2012 21:02Posted by Baby

But you are assuming stuff too :p

I've got one word for you, Traceroute.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5168067998?page=1
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Can you please stay on one topic? And stop saying things you don't know about please you have no idea why did they block the IP please one topic so you don't make the problem bigger, and in the end of this topic a blue post will appear saying that there is another topic with the same subject...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i loved your true story Giv. the only fun for us is gone. Blizzard entertainment is gone. and we have to be boooooooored all the time from now on.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
22/08/2012 21:06Posted by Rìchy
Can you please stay on one topic? And stop saying things you don't know about please you have no idea why did they block the IP please one topic so you don't make the problem bigger, and in the end of this topic a blue post will appear saying that there is another topic with the same subject...

Please help me out buddy! where have I claimed I know anything about this issue? I'm only trying to get a straight answer, what you call them? Blue posts? been a while since I last seen one.
Edited by Giv on 22/08/2012 21:11 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Exactly as OP said, I'm gonna copy my post from Original topic so you guys can have the email and a bit of details as to why we need to inform Blizzard about our current predigament.
--

I spoke with a GM and he told me that I can tell you where the problem lies, he said I'm feeling like I got caught between a rock and a very bad place right now, all I can tell you is contacting support-request@blizzard.com and let them know how you feel. So, I can safely assume this is Blizzard's doing and I'm sure it's due to the current political standings. I encourage all of you to contact support-request@blizzard.com.

This is written wrong all over it. We're being punished for the sins of the leaders we didn't even choose. So, I can assume next thing Blizzard will do is fire their employees with Iranian descent like Alex Afrasiabi. Clearly he is as guilty as us for having Iranian blood running through his veins.

Dear Blizzard, we didn't chose this, we have no saying on how this country is being run, we are helpless and this is the only retreat we have from all the crap that is going on around us, at our expense. Please don't take this away from us and lower yourself to pety politicans game.
Edited by Jormungandr on 22/08/2012 22:24 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
22/08/2012 21:09Posted by Giv

Please help me out buddy? where have I claimed I know anything about this issue? I'm only trying to get a straight answer, what you call them? Blue posts? been a while since I last seen one.
I think they arent allowed to tell anything yet :( anyway, I hope it gets sorted out soon for you guys :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Not going to go into detail but I'm fairly sure there might be certain internet services that allow you to play as if living in another country, I do not know about this or support this.

Hope they lift those blocks for you soon, that's just bs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]