HELP - An internal error has occurred, please restart.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have recently installed the latest patch and i was able to open the launcher for a while but after a few days i have came across this problem and i am unable to even get to the log in page :/

Full message
"An internal error has occurred, please restart. If problems persist contact customer support".

I am currently using Windows Vista as my operating system and I am getting this problem when trying to start the launcher.
I am unable to try a WoW repair because for some reason the option for a WoW repair isn't in my K:/World of Warcraft folder??????
I have deleted my Cache WTF and updates folders and nothing has changed the problem still persists.

I haven't has to result to a complete WoW uninstall / reinstall yet and i would very much like to do that as a last resort.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :)
Edited by Ultimateman on 03/09/2012 00:23 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bumppppppppppppp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have got the same problem, my launcher doesn't work and I have no repair tool to use. However I have got a little work around you can use so you can actually get to the login screen. If you open up your WoW directory and then open the World of Warcraft application (Wow.exe) straight up from there. It's how I have been logging on. Would be nice to get the launcher back though.
Edited by Thaelén on 04/09/2012 04:35 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Im having this same problem.

It only started when i tried to update my AVG and i got a report saying something got into my wow file (trojan) to which i healed/ removed it, now wow doesnt work =/

PLEASE HELP!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ok, i just got this 30 mins ago doing a restart after a crash during a dungeon. so i'm sure blizz are aware of this by now - i'm also running vista & use wow matrix to update my addons - DBM & CLCRET. but it does say internal error (meaning blizz side) ? AVG recognises it as Trojans.
Edited by Trotter on 09/09/2012 14:02 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm having the same problem. Was playing warcraft last night shut it down and this morning i'm having this come up now. Nothing on my computer has updated, i havn't changed anything. I even did a system restore to yesterday and it's still coming up. Finally I copied the wow file over from a mates computer thats working and I still get this message on mine? I can't use the repair tool as it shuts down the launcher if you press ok and you cant press anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
better find another hobby lol
Edited by Trotter on 09/09/2012 14:03 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Some German players are encountering the same problem. -> http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/topic/5299360487 or the combined list of non-working solutions: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/topic/5299360487?page=2#30

To put it short - we noticed, that different antivirus programms are identify "wow.exe" to be a "generic29.ASNJ"-trojan after "world of warcraft-launcher.exe" updated the current wow.exe.
Solutions, like re-installing the game, deleting the battle.net-cache folders or a simple restart aren't working.

We assume, that somewhere between the launcher and the blizzard-file-servers somehow the files have been infected with malware/viruses.
If yes, well, thats a really big deal.
Edited by Faultier on 09/09/2012 14:15 BST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I'm having the same problem. I just camped Aeonaxx :D and I got a message from AVG that I have got a vir - Trojan > Wow.exe...

After test whole my World of Wacraft it doesn't find anything wrong.

IMG:
http://i46.tinypic.com/1hsg3m.jpg

Any suggestion?
Edited by Koüdy on 09/09/2012 14:22 BST
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Priest
I´ve tried deleting battle.net cache, running windoes in safemode with network and such. The costumer support at blizzard told me to run windows in safemode with network, and update the game. Still no luck. I can however, open the game by running the wow(x64).exe, however that is without addons or abilitys to customize the ui..
Edited by Cassava on 09/09/2012 14:27 BST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Me too... I tried all of suggestion... still doesn't working

halooo any blizzard ppl? ;p
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hey guys this seems to be an issue with AVG hitting the wow.exe with a false positive. You should be able to play as normal if you restore the file from the Virus Vault.

If AVG keeps causing the issue you can find a range of other free anti-virus and anti-spyware software on our support site here
Reply Quote
8 Human Mage
can you tell us how exactly to restore something from the avg vault, i cannot even find a ''vault''
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hey guys this seems to be an issue with AVG hitting the wow.exe with a false positive. You should be able to play as normal if you restore the file from the Virus Vault.

If AVG keeps causing the issue you can find a range of other free anti-virus and anti-spyware software on our support site [url="http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/run-a-virus-scan"]here[/url]

That's strange - I tried it without AVG, still ErrorMessages.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just checked my AVG virus vault. It hasn't removed any files from wow, last thing to enter the vault was over 6 months ago. Also scanned wow with AVG and it didnt bring up any warnings. This is something else
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Reinstalled wow after uninstalling avg, still same issue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Yeah, running AVG or disabling it still shows an 'Internal Error' even after moving the files out of the 'Vault'

Very odd....
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Hmm I am sure Blizzard will find out what the problem is, I guess only thing we can do now is wait for the solution.
Reply Quote
63 Undead Warlock
I had same problem moment ago.
I turned off resident shield for WoW folder, restored wow.exe and now I'm able to log in and play
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]