Insane in the Membrane, bug? changed? help!

(Locked)

100 Pandaren Mage
Hello community, I need you!
(Hopes this is the right place to post this)

This has come to the attention of a few people since 5.0.4 (not just me!) but no answers have been found! Proof others need help: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490599710

Bullet point explanation:

-To get the [Insane in the Membrane] achievement, certain hard to grind reputations must be elevated to a certain rank.
-It is known that u can freely lose the rep once it has been acquired.
-One of these is the Bloodsail Buccaneers rep to Hon.
-After grinding this and gaining a highlighted part of the achievement, I then proceeded to freely lose this reputation and gain Steamwheedle reputation.
-It has now appeared, uncompleted on the tracker. It is now greyed out like the rest.

So does this mean since 5.0.4 there is a bug or that the achievement has been changed without warning and u have to have them at the same time? Also if the tracker is bugged can/will it be fixed and will I get credited for obtaining the rep?

The Achievement is hidden until got but can be tracked by entering the following in your chat: /run AddTrackedAchievement(2336)

My ticket reply had two 'maybe's' and a 'good luck', which although very grateful for a prompt reply, does not answer my question or prevent me from grinding for goodness knows how many hours, only to find out my Bloodsail Hon never counted. Don’t know the etiquette of posting Q&A from Blizz customer service so I refrained. Apparently Google does not know either.

Plz help! x
Edited by Stevestokie on 06/09/2012 12:25 BST
90 Tauren Druid
What do you mean by "dropped"? When you complete one criterion, it should disappear from the tracker - perfectly normal.

The achievement has not changed, at least not intentionally; you should still be able to get it without having the reputations at those levels simultaneously.
Edited by Treeroy on 05/09/2012 23:48 BST
90 Troll Mage
Bumping for answers :)
- CS
99 Draenei Priest
From whom at half midnight?
There will probably be blues answering threads tomorrow, but they answer them roughly in creation order and there are about 15 pages before yours.

As you've already had tickets answered, your best bet would probably be to send a mail to senior GMs to see if they have an answer as you didn't get one from the tickets - CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage
I would like to remind you also that the no-bumping rule is enforced... Extremely.
90 Troll Mage
And posting off topic to "remind" someone looking for answers is a much better way to spend one's time.
I would like to remind you also that the no-bumping rule is enforced... Extremely.
100 Pandaren Mage
05/09/2012 22:38Posted by Treeroy
What do you mean by "dropped"? When you complete one criterion, it should disappear from the tracker - perfectly normal.

Thanks for the reply Treeroy!

Sorry poor use of language, when I say 'dropped' I mean disappeared/removed from the tracker. So now it is 'shaded' and not highlighted as complete(d).

IF this is perfectly normal for it to remove itself from the tracker and still count towards the achievement then YAY! \o/ and I shall vanish into the world of pirate farming. However, I cannot find anyone stating this as the case from a relevant source.
Could someone else verify this is the case please?!?

05/09/2012 23:34Posted by Ananda
As you've already had tickets answered, your best bet would probably be to send a mail to senior GMs to see if they have an answer as you didn't get one from the tickets - CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com

Thanks Ananda! I shall keep checking this to see if anyone can help. I'm sure someone can help/advise. But as a last resort I shall consult higher powers.

And dont highjack my thread about bumping! :P x
90 Tauren Druid
This is what it should look like when the criteria are not complete:

http://i50.tinypic.com/nbogwm.png

If one of them has disappeared, then you've completed it. That's how achievement tracking works. :-)

To take a clearer example, if you look at my Armory you will see that I have done all of the achievements for What A Long, Strange Trip except for Brewfest, Hallow's End and Winter Veil.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Treeroy/achievement#155:a2144

Now, here's me tracking the achievement:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2d992rb.png

As you can see, the criteria that I've completed are no longer being tracked, only the uncompleted ones are.
The same applies to your Insane in the Membrane tracking.

Hope this makes you feel at ease. :)
- CS
99 Draenei Priest
I think he's talking about the actual achievement tab, not the on-screen tracker. If something is highlighted there it means it's been completed, if it's greyed out it hasn't.

I would hope it's a display thing but I wouldn't start going for Steamwheedle until it's confirmed.
Got same problem, i have ended my achievement after patch and it says now that i'm missing 3 of 4 goblins reputation, i didn't track it before but i'm 100% sure i had them on exalted, now i'm waiting for gm response ( i'm waiting 2 days now :P )
100 Pandaren Mage
Afternoon!

@Treeroy:
Your being incredibly helpful, but off topic due to me not explaining the situation correctly. I meant it had reappeared on the quest tracker as being incomplete like in your lovely screenshots. I have updated my original post slightly (again!)

06/09/2012 12:06Posted by Shìrana
Got same problem, i have ended my achievement after patch and it says now that i'm missing 3 of 4 goblins reputation,

(Insert Fry Meme)
Not sure if sorry for you having the same problem or glad I'm not on my own.
This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings Shìrana,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

Unfortunately the Game Master team is unable to assist with achievement issues due to the nature in which they are calculated and awarded.

If the rep was at max level it would of been recorded before you started lowering it by attacking the goblins for blood sail rep. I am afraid that you will have to get the rep back for it to count.

Regards
Game Master Kryptarizoth

HAHAH lazy useless GMs, didn't even bother to check anything
- CS
99 Draenei Priest
Umm ... wasn't that the reverse of the problem?

07/09/2012 10:27Posted by Shìrana
it would of been recorded

Please tell me that isn't a direct quote ... :(

Anyway, can I suggest you do what was posted in post 4
05/09/2012 23:34Posted by Ananda

Making more tickets isn't getting you anywhere so I'm not sure why you made the current one.
yes, it is direct quote.......

i was talking with 2nd Gm, basically what He/She said that they are not able to track reputations, and if its a bug, we should wait for answer from bug team here.

for me its a lot of @#*&*^(#* , im sure they are able to check it, maybe its not so easy, but farming this bloody achievement wasn't easy either

update,
when i was checking descriptions of Insane in the Membrane, everyone said that you are not able to get it all together , Steamwheedle Cartel and Bloodsail Bucaneers .
I got Bloodsail Bucaneers at Honored atm, and Steamwheedle Cartel at hated, i have killed few pirates ( behind CoT on beech ) got all 4 reputation up with goblins but no decrease with pirates, maybe thats the issue
Edited by Shìrana on 07/09/2012 11:07 BST
100 Gnome Rogue

when i was checking descriptions of Insane in the Membrane, everyone said that you are not able to get it all together , Steamwheedle Cartel and Bloodsail Bucaneers .
I got Bloodsail Bucaneers at Honored atm, and Steamwheedle Cartel at hated, i have killed few pirates ( behind CoT on beech ) got all 4 reputation up with goblins but no decrease with pirates, maybe thats the issue

You have always been able to get them at the same time however doing that way is more time consuming, it was easier when you could do the quests in dire maul however the flip side is you no longer have to do Shen'dralar which I suppose evens it out.

It has always been a question regarding having the rep at the same time and every year or so it seems to swap from needing them all at the same time and just needing them separately.

I would guess if it has changed it is to do with having them all active on the same char at the same time for the account wide achievement to work.

Getting a straight answer will be difficult and always has been.
90 Worgen Priest
This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings Shìrana,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

Unfortunately the Game Master team is unable to assist with achievement issues due to the nature in which they are calculated and awarded.

If the rep was at max level it would of been recorded before you started lowering it by attacking the goblins for blood sail rep. I am afraid that you will have to get the rep back for it to count.

Regards
Game Master Kryptarizoth

HAHAH lazy useless GMs, didn't even bother to check anything

The only way I know of reputations being tracked at max level is at Exalted. When I done Insane I only needed honoured with bloodsail. This might of been changed to exlated with the Dire Maul Faction being removed.
Ive met player who is farming Bloodsail reputation atm, he had goblins maxed and he got no problems with Insane, like we do. I dont know where problem is, is it a patch or somthing else.
100 Undead Warlock
As far as my understanding goes.. Due to the nature of patch 5.0.4 you can have exalted with all needed and then get honored on another character to get the achivement.

It should, by blizzard's explination, work. I am currently testing it by getting my reputations up on different characters but if anyone does know it would help as well.

And regarding this issue, I think it also has to do with many achivement was shared cross the account and therefor some criteria suffered a harsh backlash.
any response from blue ?
this achievement is bugged or changed or tracking is broken
quick info
Booty Bay was exalted current hated track says its missing
Everlook was exalted current hated track says its missing
Gadgetzan was exalted current hated track says OK
Ratchet was exalted current hated track says its missing
Bloodsail was honored current friendly track says its missing
Darkmoon Faire is exalted
Ravenholdt is exalted

if this avievement was changed and you need all reputations together at same time , why Gadgetzan says its completed?
ofc all on 1 char
Edited by Shìrana on 09/09/2012 13:50 BST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
sadly, the achievement is completely bugged and luckbased atm.

My story:
i am exalted with darkmoon and ravenholdt,
grinded my way to honored with bloodsail,
turned in cloth, farmed pirates for 17 hours straight, hitting exalted with steemwheedle.

No achievement.

/run AddTrackedAchievement(2336)

- Honored with Bloodsail Bucaneers.

some proofs:
http://www7.pic-upload.de/10.09.12/a3q5az3i5tqv.jpg
(29.08.2012, 8:45pm, the day 5.0 went live)
the german word "wohlwollend" means honored. "Blutsegelbukaniere" is obvioulsy bloodsail bucaneers.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/azshara/knallichi/simple
everything else on exalted.

On the same time, a friend of mine i grinded bloodsail rep with, got the achievement without any problems.
He did it the exactly same way, he was not honored/exalted at the same time.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/azshara/mallenia/simple

I spoke to two GMs, the first said that we have to have bloodsail honored and steemwheedle exalted at the same time, obviously nonsense. He also told me, that there is no proof i was ever honored with bloodsail and that there is no way to get the achievement, except grinding it back up (close to impossible atm, lvl 90 BB guards + i dont want to lose 4 exalted fractions). Of course screenshots are not accepted as proofs, could be faked.

The second GM then told me, its not needed to have both reps at the same time. He tried to track back my reputation with bloodsail and even though i told him the exact time i hit honored with bucaneers, he couldnt find a point where i was honored with these stupid pirates.
Atleast he send the problem to some lead designers or something and told me that all i can do is wait and pray. The last thing i was being told was "it may take 5-6 weeks before u will get an answer".
Yeah, so better dont try this achievement at the moment...
Edited by Knallichi on 10/09/2012 12:33 BST
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]