mist of pandaria optimization

28 Human Warrior
when i was in the optimization process i noticed my world of warcraft file was increasing from 28 gb to about 34 gb i couldnt carry on because my computer had 100 mb left and it said i need another 5gb so i checked online to see if anyone else encountered the same problem but everyone else their wow file decrease from 28 gb to like 19 gb so i got really confused why did mine increase so i made a ticket and i got the usual answer full of helpless links so i deleted my world of warcraft and went to my account and installed the game again which looks different now it says mists of pandaria not the cataclysm launcher completly different and the total download left was 20gb which was great however imw ondering after it finishes is it going to go through optimization proceess or download any other patches that will make tthe file bigger from 20 gb??
Reply Quote
If you had 100mb left you seriously need either a disk upgrade or a major cleanup of other content. Disks need free space to operate efficiently and you're already operating on the edge of what's viable.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
It needs space to complete the optimization. In other words it gets bigger before getting smaller.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Gnome Mage
31/08/2012 11:36Posted by Wardyii
It needs space to complete the optimization. In other words it gets bigger before getting smaller.
This.

It makes a backup before doing the actual optimalization. Hence why you saw it increase in size :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]