Patch 5.4.8 & Known Issues

(Sticky / Locked)

Customer Service
How do I report a bug?

You can now report bugs directly in-game through the Customer Support portal. For more information about how to do this, please read this support article

The in-game bug reporting tool doesn't work for me! What now?

If you are having difficulty reporting a bug then you should try resetting your interface and disabling your add-ons.

You can press CTRL+F (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome) to quickly search this sticky for known issues, for example, pressing CTRL+F and typing in "Heirloom" then pressing the enter key will take you to the known issue/fix related to Heirlooms.

Patch Notes

5.0.4 -- 5.0.5 -- 5.1 -- 5.2 -- 5.3 --5.4 --5.4.7--5.4.8

In this sticky you will find a list of major issues and bugs that we are currently aware of. Please note that this sticky will be updated with any major reports and is by no means exhaustive. You can check the most current hotfixes here.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game client, please consult our Technical Support Forum for further assistance.

Some extra things to keep in mind before reporting a bug in-game

• Please read our current known issues sticky bearing in mind that we're concentrating primarily on issues specific to Mists of Pandaria content. The problem you’ve encountered may already be listed below.
  • Please don't feel that you have to report every problem you run into. It's important that you take into account how often something happens and whether or not you're able to reproduce it.
  • If something only happens once and the circumstances are a bit fuzzy, it's generally very difficult for us to find out why. Issues that you experience regularly and/or have a very obvious cause are what we're keen to hear about; not only are they easier to identify and solve, their regularity probably means that they're more important to you and thus a higher priority.
  • When reporting the issue in-game, please be sure to write a clear description of the issue with any information that you think may be helpful/relevant.
  • If you come across an issue with the game, try replicating it without using any add-ons as outdated add-ons are the cause of the majority of issues that our players experience after the launch of a new patch.

Patch 5.4 Known Issues

Current & On-going Known Issues

Edited by Tiogaradh on 28/05/2014 09:32 BST
Customer Service
General
Please remember that this list is by no means exhaustive but will be updated as required.

• Gnomes can get stuck in chairs around tables in Bizmo’s Brawlpub
Edited by Tiogaradh on 10/09/2013 09:56 BST
Customer Service
Interface
Please remember that this list is by no means exhaustive but will be updated as required.

• Blood Elf female cloaks do not display correctly.
  • You may be unable to remove players from your Ignore List if the account associated with the character has been deleted.
  • Players, other than the party leader, are prompted to select a role, the first time that specific group queues for an arena match.
Edited by Tiogaradh on 19/02/2014 09:48 GMT
Customer Service
Environment

• Part of the Lion's Pride Inn in Goldshire is not providing the rested state.
  • The minimap of the exterior section in the Troves of the Thunder King scenario area is appearing bright green.
  • There is an extra plane of water over the pathway in Isle of Giants.
Edited by Tiogaradh on 19/02/2014 09:49 GMT
Customer Service
Classes

Death Knight
  • Spells that have a cast time cannot be used while moving when stored by Death Knight’s Dark Simulacrum.

• The Rune UI will continue to appear to recharge while under the effects of Fatigue

Druid
  • Treants summoned by Force of Nature are returning to the caster before engaging in combat.

Hunter
  • Steady Focus will not apply if Glaive Toss projectiles are still active when you fire Steady Shot.

Paladin
  • Paladin's Light's Hammer causes you to stand when it heals allies.

Priest
  • The spell animation for the Shadow spec version of Divine Star will sometimes not display, unlike the Discipline and Holy versions.

• Mind Vision can channel while viewing the Priest's perspective after switching between targets during a channel.

Rogue
  • The additional combo point cast from Ruthlessness initiates combat.

Shaman
  • The Healing Rain spell is missing some animation effects and the audio may end abruptly.

Warlock
  • Demonic Gateway will disappear if the caster moves greater than 100 yards away.
  • Command Demon does not change into its pet specific version when the Warlock summons the pet type for the first time.
Edited by Tiogaradh on 19/02/2014 09:57 GMT
Customer Service
Items

• Some tradeskill game objects can be opened after they have been looted causing an empty loot window to appear.
  • Raptor mounts are missing their MountSpecial sounds.
  • Items that have random affixed stats (of the landslide, etc) are having hit and expertise incorrectly scaled down in Challenge Modes and Proving Grounds.
  • Players may have licensed mounts or pets mailed to them multiple times. Once the pet or mount has been learned and added to the account, the mails will cease.
  • Frostweave bandages heal for less health than their netherweave counterparts.
Edited by Tiogaradh on 28/05/2014 09:28 BST
Customer Service
Quests

• Argent Tournament Valiant/Champion daily quests cannot be unlocked after a paid faction change for Champion of the Horde / Champion of the Alliance characters.
  • Master Forteski sometimes cannot be interacted with for "Cornered and Crushed!" or "Nowhere to Run"
  • Is That A Real Measurement? will not accept Noodle Carts crafted when you are in a raid.
  • The NPCs are sometimes not present during the quest "Diplomacy First".
  • It is possible for the quest "The Sacred and the Corrupt” to become permanently stalled.
  • The Stormcrest Eagle vehicle is despawning immediately after being summoned in the quest "Fervor of the Frostborn".
  • Following completion of certain pet battle daily quests, teleports (Hearthstone) to different zones have the potential to fail.
  • Players will sometimes have phasing removed during "Defending the Rift" causing them to be stuck on the submarine and unable to complete the quest.
  • Players sometimes do not get credit for defeating elite Battle Pets during the quest: "Beast of Fable".
Edited by Tiogaradh on 28/05/2014 09:30 BST
Customer Service
Combat & PvP Mechanics

• Projected texture circles are sometimes very faint and difficult to see on angled surfaces.
  • Spells taught from Glyphs are being placed in the General tab of your spellbook instead of your Specialization/Class tab.
Edited by Tiogaradh on 10/09/2013 10:33 BST
Customer Service
Common Mists of Pandaria reports that are not bugs

• I'm not getting any more Ritual Stones from rares!
      Ritual Stones should only drop once a week from Isle of Thunder rare bosses. Additional kills of these rare bosses in the same week will reward 15 valor points.
  • I leveled up and can't see a Flight Point.
      Flight points are no longer learned by leveling up and now require players to interact with each flight master to learn flight paths.
  • I can't teleport out of the dungeon during a solo scenario.
      The option to teleport out of dungeon for solo scenarios has been intentionally removed to prevent multiple issues that can occur.
  • I was fighting a summonable boss on the Isle of Thunder and it just disappeared!
      Summonable bosses on the Isle of Thunder will despawn if the player who summoned the boss is killed.
  • My Account-Wide Pets, Mounts and Achievements are not appearing!
      In order for your pets, mounts and achievements to go account-wide, you must log into the characters that had those pets, mounts and achievements originally. We recommend logging into each of your characters in turn to ensure that all of your pets, mounts and achievements are visible to all characters.
  • My Shaman Totem UI has disappeared!
      This is working as intended and is part of the class overhaul.
  • I can choose Worgen/Goblin/Pandarian characters but I don't have the Cataclysm/Pandarian expansion pack!
      All box levels can now create characters of all races.
  • All my cooking rewards have disappeared!
      These have now been combined into a single currency: Epicureans Awards. This not only cleans up your currency list a bit, but means that doing the daily quests in Stormwind can help you buy the Chef's Hat in Dalaran! =)
  • My Shadow Dance bar is the same as my Stealth bar now!
      This is an intended change, Shadow Dance no longer has its own bar.
  • When I equip more Intellect, my mana pool does not rise!
      This is an intended change in the way mana works. Caster pools are now relative to your level.
  • My ranged/Relic/thrown slot has disappeared!
      Indeed, these have been removed from the game. Weapons equipped before the patch will go into your inventory. If your inventory was full, empty a few slots and re-log and the item should appear.
  • Subterfuge doesn't appear to be working as it should.
      Subterfuge will not proc if Shadow Dance is cast immediately before Subterfuge should have been triggered.
      The Subterfuge version of Stealth is immediately removed when the Rogue gains Call of Conquest.
  • Players are not able to place the legendary meta-gems into upgraded ilvl 496 helms.
      It is intended that you can't put the legendary meta gem on an upgraded 496 helm, but the developers are currently discussing how upgraded items may behave down the road.
  • I did a heroic scenario but didn't get a heroic chest
      If you complete a normal scenario and receive the reward, then complete a heroic scenario, you will not receive a second chest. You only receive the chest from your first scenario of the day, regardless of whether that scenario is normal or heroic.
Edited by Tiogaradh on 28/05/2013 11:01 BST
Customer Service
FAQ

I'm experiencing a patching/connection issue, where is the best place to go for assistance?
If you are unable to find the answer to your question on the Battle.net Support Knowledge Center then feel free to use our Technical Support Forum. You may also find the following YouTube videos helpful:

Basic patching troubleshooting [Windows]
Advanced patching troubleshooting [Windows]

My realm is down. Where do I report that?
Blizzard Technicians continually monitor all of our realms and work to resolve issues as quickly as possible. Information regarding realm status can be viewed at the Service Status Forum.

How do I report cheats/exploits?
All reports of exploits, cheats, hacks or the players who are using them should be reported via the in-game report tool. More information can be found here.

How do I report gold spammers?
Full instructions can be found in this useful support article.

How do I report in-game harassment and offensive character names?
Follow the instructions found here.

Where should I report issues with the forums/websites/Armory?
Please remember that forum data is not updated in real time, it can often take weeks before avatar information is updated. You can read more information about this issue here.

Errors in Armory information should be reported via e-mail at WoWArmory@blizzard.com.

Don't forget to follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for the latest information on Mists of Pandaria.
Edited by Tiogaradh on 29/09/2013 15:17 BST
Customer Service
Current & On-going Known Issues

Armory:

We are aware the Armory is not updating as fast as it usually does for some players. This issue is being investigated, and should we have further news, we will announce it here in this post. While we are not able to force an update manually, the following has worked for some players:

• Reset your account password, and reload your profile.
  • Logout of the game properly, and log back in, instead of forcing the game to quit.

Again, we cannot guarantee that these suggestions will work for you, but it doesn’t hurt to try. Your patience and understanding is appreciated while we look into this.

Ticket Icon Disappears In-game:

We're aware of an issue where the ticket icon disappears in-game after submitting a ticket.

While we're working on a fix, remember you can always check the status of your ticket from the account management page: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/ticket/status
Edited by Hagut on 19/11/2013 10:22 GMT
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]