Thanks battle tag....

(Locked)

83 Undead Warlock
nopetarget the player , right click -> add friend -> battle tag. :/Remove that option (so people have to manually write the battletag to add the player) and most of the spam will be gone-edit: upon logging in after 2 days i had 4 goldspammer invites :/

Holy crap... I created a battletag because of D3 but never really used it. My frieds are realID friends anyway. If you can add a friend like that, what kind of friend is that, don't you need 2 people to participate in that friendship in the first place ? Why is this so broken ?
50 Gnome Warrior
05/09/2012 19:16Posted by Abysmal
Is it normal to provide feedback like a petulant child?

I'm assuming you are talking about the part about me wanting to kick my cat, when I don't actually have a cat?

And you wouldn't be pissed off to come home after a 10 hour shift to find you have 40+ invites - having to spend 20minutes reporting, giving a reason and declining ALL OF THEM?

You come along at tell me that I am behaving like a petulant child when I am giving feedback for something that had NEVER caused problem in the game until it was implemented.

Did you know that every time a gold farmer whispers you in game (Which is bloody well frequent) all he, or it needs to do is right click your name and send a friend request through battle tag?

You are all up in feathers and flaps about, and I quote, "having friends to decline". I get you are annoyed about it, but you don't need to spin out 2000% about it. Relax, calm down, and realise that all you need to do is simply mention the problem, your proposed solution, then move on with your life. Squawking and shouting about it just elongates the issue.

Chilly down, friend.
83 Undead Warlock
Isn't that what he is doing ? The attitude only speaks how frustrated he is, no one is yelling here. In any case, the problem is real, the way he mentioned it is irrelevant.
Edited by Eranlock on 05/09/2012 19:45 BST
85 Gnome Priest
05/09/2012 19:45Posted by Eranlock
Isn't that what he is doing ? The attitude only speaks how frustrated he is, no one is yelling here. In any case, the problem is real, the way he mentioned it is irrelevant.

No. The initial post comes off quite ranty, and at the end, plain rude.

There is never a benefit to hurling rage at an issue. Just be respectful enough and the world will turn your way.
83 Undead Warlock
It is up to the OP to decide whether to apologize for the attitude or not, we are just people in the end, everyone with their problems, but..

Ignoring the way it is said, the problem is quite clearly described (and meaningful), which is all that is important to start a thread about it imo.
90 Human Death Knight
I understand the annoyance and wholeheartedly agree with the change not being all the way thought through but please: If you are going to complain give a better solution yourself. If you have no suggestions on how it can be improved it just comes off as a whine thread and has nothing constructive that can be used to improve the game.
87 Blood Elf Paladin

No. The initial post comes off quite ranty, and at the end, plain rude.

There is never a benefit to hurling rage at an issue. Just be respectful enough and the world will turn your way.

I am not hurling rage at the issue; otherwise it would be in caps. Unless you were offended by the fact that it made me want to kick my cat (I don't actually have a cat) - It was a joke.. Do understand that before you make a judgement against me.

I am venting my frustration about a system I never wanted, and it has caused me problems since it came out (even when i played Diablo). I've had a couple of requests here and there, then 40+ when i got in from work and i logged on. Now I've had another 4 since I posted this rant.

Of course i'm getting a bit frustrated; and annoyed about it.

It is up to the OP to decide whether to apologize for the attitude or not, we are just people in the end, everyone with their problems, but..

Ignoring the way it is said, the problem is quite clearly described (and meaningful), which is all that is important to start a thread about it imo.

I won't apologise for the attitude, as it is a reflection of my frustration.
Edited by Abysmal on 05/09/2012 20:11 BST
85 Gnome Priest
05/09/2012 20:00Posted by Abysmal
since I posted this rant.

I get annoyed alot too, but I don't rant. I just step back and think about the situation. One of the main reasons I am able to keep a very level head in most situations. I just don't get how people can get so upset over so little.

Just be thankful your issue is in a videogame. Your feedback is indeed valid, your ranting is not.
83 Undead Warlock
Just.. don't get me started on what is right or wrong. If he so chooses to rant, it's his choice, whatever. Point is, he has a point.

Can we focus on the actual issue now ? Derailing is not good for a thread...
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't get me wrong..

The System has its uses. Don't mistake my rant for that that - That I think its useless.. It's just useless *FOR ME* as I don't like to have randomers on my list. (Considering I've only got like.. 6 - and am reluctant to add people)

It's implimented badly.

Blizzard have a thing for removing content from the game (which are fine), but adding moderately useful non-game changing features which are extremely problematic.
11 Troll Warrior
I haven't got any :(

I feel left out now...
90 Worgen Druid
This isn't accurate as I do not appear on my Real ID *Friends of Friends* list. as demonstrated in the below link (screenshot)

http://i48.tinypic.com/909f7d.jpg

If you read the text next to the check box it states:
Show my Real ID on Friends of Friends lists (only possible while Real ID is enabled)
If you enable this feature, the friends of your Real ID friends will be able to see the first and last name associated with the Battle.net account. If you disable this feature, your BattleTag will be shown on Friends of Friends lists instead.
87 Blood Elf Paladin

If you read the text next to the check box it states:
Show my Real ID on Friends of Friends lists (only possible while Real ID is enabled)
If you enable this feature, the friends of your Real ID friends will be able to see the first and last name associated with the Battle.net account. If you disable this feature, your BattleTag will be shown on Friends of Friends lists instead.

I pointed that out previously.. I dont want my battle tag showing either if i can't disable it. If they are independant.. Why do they get merged together when Friends of Friends is disabled?
90 Draenei Shaman
I really feel bad about those spams myself. I get 3-5 each day on different chars, different servers, even in Heartstone. And it is indeed...annoying. I have few people on my battle tag whom I trust enough to know they don´t buy gold anywhere. SO I don´t think my battle tag leaked there.. I did.. change it, just in case a week ago. Guess what? Nothing changed. I am still getting spammed.

I contacted GM about it, and she suggested to report them and block the invites as I was doing before anyway...:S
I suggest an option under Interface to block real ID invitations. We can block trades and guild invites. So why not keep that also blocked? If we want to have someone added we simply allow real ID invites once more and add the person and put it on block once again after.

What do you think?
13 Tauren Monk
You do realise this thread died back in September 2012 don't you? The whole system around now is probably totally unconnected to the one introduced in this thread, and even if it is still the same, why necro a thread that has probably no relevance to your current post?
Edited by Lliesen on 27/12/2013 11:18 GMT
90 Human Warlock
Was there any need to necro a thread 15 months old?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like the suggestion to be able to block requests. Then we could toggle it on and off as necessary.

I don't get a huge number of requests but it is annoying, along with gold spam calendar invites.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]