Blizzard Banned Iranian Players

85 Troll Druid
Dear Blizzard
I only have one question here:
When two different governments have argument upon something political and they must discuss it between themselves what does it have to do with an online multiplayer game like world of warcraft which is age rated +12 and a private company like blizzard bans one of these two countries to make a solution or even to make things better?
I don't know maybe i can't understand the logical reason behind this decision that how banning the Iranian players can impact this situation!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Jeez look on the forums. This has already been answered
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dear Blizzard
When two different governments have argument upon something political and they must discuss it between themselves what does it have to do with an online multiplayer game like world of warcraft which is age rated +12 and a private company like blizzard bans one of these two countries to make a solution or even to make things better?

You're asking the wrong people. You need to talk to the US government who imposed Trade Sanctions (most likely Department of Trade). They set the sanctions and what's covered/excluded. Blizzard just obey the law.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Pandaren Shaman
There is a 107 page thread on this already.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5168067998

The US has an embargo that Blizzard are forced to abide by. Sad, but simple.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/banning-iranian-online-players.html

Please share it with every1 and sign ,
Regards ,
PaYaN
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/banning-iranian-online-players.html

Please share it with every1 and sign ,
Regards ,
PaYaN

This has never worked in the past, and it won't work now.
Reply Quote
20 Human Warrior
The West has sanctions against Iran. The sanctions are why Blizzard has had to add Iran to its list of banned countries in the TOS . The logical reason for sanctions are to deprive the Iranian civilians. These sanctions will deprive you of much more than just online games like World of Warcraft. Officially the USA say they want to deprive the Iranian people so much that its government will be forced to be more agreeable. (This is not BS this is fact, if you want to spend a small amount of time researching the sanctions you will see statements like this everywhere). Obviously this doesn't make much sense, they even contradict themselves by saying the Iranian "Regime" (key fear word) is uncaring of their people, yet would care if they suffer sanctions. So unofficially, I'd say the US would prefer to deprive people to make them easier to invade, more likely to despise their current government for not being able to provide, less likely to be loyal and resist, more likely to be grateful for a new government which brings them more. Call me paranoid if you want. Maybe there's another reason to want to deprive Iranian civilians, but I can't think of another logical one - These sanctions against Iran go hand in hand with the countless Western media stories of Iran's nuclear threat (the same excuse which was used to invade Afghanistan and Iraq). Iran is in between Iraq and Afghanistan which are both US occupied, and near to pakistan also which is full of US drone strikes killing loads of civilians. The West is now increasing sanctions against Iran and calling them a nuclear threat.

If you want the official US answer though, the sanctions against the Iranian civilians are intended to deprive them so much that the Iranian government is forced to be more agreeable to the West, in order to end the deprivation of their subjects.

Obviously I call bull!@#$ on the official reason given.

EDIT: For but one example -

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/iran-confident-as-sanctions-tighten

"Ayatollah Khamenei and the commanders of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps are quite confident that whatever economic consequences the sanctions hold, their political ramifications will be small. They do not believe that popular resentment stemming from high inflation or unemployment pose a threat to the regime, and they see little possibility of significant political unrest in the near future."
Edited by Analfury on 25/08/2012 14:14 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
This is a quote from a BE on a large thread that has been made about the problem.

Our team has been watching this thread closely, and we understand the desire for more information about this situation. Blizzard Entertainment cannot speak to any reports surrounding the Iranian government restricting games from its citizens.

What we can tell you is that United States trade restrictions and economic sanction laws prohibit Blizzard from doing business with residents of certain nations, including Iran. Several of you have seen and cited the text in the Terms of Use which relates to these government-imposed sanctions. This week, Blizzard tightened up its procedures to ensure compliance with these laws, and players connecting from the affected nations are restricted from access to Blizzard games and services.

This also prevents us from providing any refunds, credits, transfers, or other service options to accounts in these countries. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and will happily lift these restrictions as soon as US law allows.
Edited by Lokor on 25/08/2012 15:13 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This is a quote from a BE on a large thread that has been made about the problem.

Our team has been watching this thread closely, and we understand the desire for more information about this situation. Blizzard Entertainment cannot speak to any reports surrounding the Iranian government restricting games from its citizens.

What we can tell you is that United States trade restrictions and economic sanction laws prohibit Blizzard from doing business with residents of certain nations, including Iran. Several of you have seen and cited the text in the Terms of Use which relates to these government-imposed sanctions. This week, Blizzard tightened up its procedures to ensure compliance with these laws, and players connecting from the affected nations are restricted from access to Blizzard games and services.

This also prevents us from providing any refunds, credits, transfers, or other service options to accounts in these countries. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and will happily lift these restrictions as soon as US law allows.

Ditto. Get over it your time is now over.
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Rogue

Ditto. Get over it your time is now over.

But when will you get over yourself? Before your time is over? ;)
Edited by Fistofanal on 26/08/2012 14:16 BST
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Mage
But when will you get over yourself? Before your time is over? ;)

Ha ha ha, good one. The Worgen DK cant even log in himself without using a VPN because of the UK problems. Poetic justice. I'm looooooling so much now.
Reply Quote
There is a 107 page thread on this already.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5168067998

The US has an embargo that Blizzard are forced to abide by. Sad, but simple.

well if us force u kill yourself u will do that simple na:D? u even can't feel fact in real world that u not allow decide for us or anyone els and we can't decide for u to do what so simple,hope u lost your real life for protect a stupid reasons
Edited by Powerprist on 26/08/2012 14:22 BST
Reply Quote
68 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear Blizzard
I don't know maybe i can't understand the logical reason behind this decision that how banning the Iranian players can impact this situation!

You dont understand? They are forced by law to block, if they are told to. Understand now?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1184113-Blizzard-responsible-for-the-Iran-Sudan-and-Syria-block
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard

You dont understand? They are forced by law to block, if they are told to. Understand now?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1184113-Blizzard-responsible-for-the-Iran-Sudan-and-Syria-block

so if they force u kill yourself u will do that and u don't notice fact u are free say no?!!gl
Welcome to the world of America's warcraft, thinking they are world rulers...
Edited by Powerprist on 26/08/2012 14:40 BST
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
Ha ha ha, good one. The Worgen DK cant even log in himself without using a VPN because of the UK problems. Poetic justice. I'm looooooling so much now.

But he can play WoW; I don't get the joke.

so if they force u kill yourself u will do that and u don't notice fact u are free say no?!!gl
Welcome to the world of America's warcraft, thinking they are world rulers..

Blizzard is a political force to be reckoned with!
Edited by Djcolnoscopy on 26/08/2012 14:42 BST
Reply Quote
Blizzard is a political force to be reckoned with!
rly ?
well if us ask for kill yourself and u do that ,ill don't ask u for reason!cus u have reason*us want i kill myself*what a stupid answers u say for wrong way u choosed,this is your act...not important who ask what<Welcome to the world of America's warcraft, thinking they are world god's rulers...they decide for any animal or humans in world what to do! >
Edited by Powerprist on 26/08/2012 14:58 BST
Reply Quote
I love how some people in 21st century are still defending blizzard for this racial act.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
26/08/2012 18:35Posted by Hypothesis
I love how some people in 21st century are still defending blizzard for this racial act.

Defending Blizzard, for something that ISN'T THEIR FAULT and is ingrained in US law?

Want someone to blame, poke the US Government for the Trade Embargo's
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Paladin
Or try Iran's government for
1. Promotion of superstition and mythology
2. Promotion of violence due to too much violence (I'm not exaggerating this is exactly what they wrote).
3. Abolishing the deformation in sin.
4. Demonstration of inappropriate clothing and slutty outfits for female avatars.

There the ones out to ban mmos because it dosnt suit there messed up Islamic regime
Reply Quote
so why u don't come and help us speak with our leader and ply wow again:D?
ofc we can't come there and speak with your leader so who must blame who?blizz blame ppl for live here or we blame u for evil acts? both things are in your mind is worst way for solve problem only who can solve problem both country leader and me or u can't solve and ofc blizz start war first cus his name is worldofwarcraft and want make that!
Edited by Powerprist on 26/08/2012 18:55 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]