Problems with installing WoW/updating to patch 5.0.4

90 Worgen Druid
Failed to download a required installation file ( http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod/InstallData.MAster.3/Win/wow_engb_web_unencrypted_win.blob). Please check your internet connection and try again.

That is what I get as an error when I tried to Update to the new pre-mop Patch today.I decided to re-install the game, I still got the same error when clicking Install.

Any1 have any idea?
I had no problems with WoW yesterday, this Problem Occured today after the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Bumb
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Death Knight
Try deleting your "C:\ProgramData\Battle.net" (Windows 7, other OS may have similar paths) folder and starting the launcher again.
Reply Quote
63 Night Elf Death Knight
same happend to me what i do ?
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Same here : ( unable to install and no battle.net folder to uninstall...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mine just goes on the Updating setup files window and gets about halfway through and doesnt do anything for hours. :S
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have the problem to...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Yup same...lets hope a GM comes soon to save our butts
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yup
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
Mine just hangs on the 15-60 minute reconfigure thing - percentage doesn't increase from 0%
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Mine just goes on the Updating setup files window and gets about halfway through and doesnt do anything for hours. :S

I have this aswell, have tried the "fixes" posted on this forum but it's not helping.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I've got this problem too =/
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
mine goes through 2 minuets of downloading and then comes up with a message saying could not connect to tracker, internet is all fine so its not that but any advice on what to do?
Reply Quote
made my own post about the same issue here done exactly the same where i have had to delete wow completely even deleted the battle.net programdata file and still can do nothing i just have to keep trying to reinstall now what a joke someone sort this out
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
First of all, i had problems when it was still cataclysm launcer it downloaded updated tools abit and then it told cant connect to tracker, i simply kept running it because it got further and further every time, i finally got to mists of pandaria launcher and now it says unable to download required update, please check your network and try again. This is fustrating, we are not paying you for having such a problem with updates, i also had no problems with previous updates with this network and computer, i also did all the *fixes* but it still doesnt work.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Guyz, paste this: "C:\ProgramData\Battle.net" in my computer and DELETE all filles!

Problem Solved!

**Note** you will need to enable hidden files and folders on your system in order to see the Program Data folder.
Edited by Warxyu on 30/08/2012 00:19 BST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
That didnt work for me:(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
warxyu you are teh man!!!! worked for me ty alot :DD
Reply Quote
Hmm, can't fint that folder you talking about, and have tryed search for it, but nothing comes up:s And it seems like i cant do so I can see the hidden files if even there are any on my computer with WoW.
Kinda pisses me off its just keep comeing with the same "error" that i have to check my internet connecting when i have tryed anything that i could:(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think we should all wait until battlenet or blizzard does something
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]