Rogue MoP PvP Guide - approved by Reckful

90 Gnome Rogue
Hello everyone,
Vishas and me wrote an extensive rogue guide for Arena Junkies. I would publish it here, but we used to many links for abilities, so it would take hours to make it work on this forum. We took about 60 to 80 hours of work into this guide, but we are no native speakers and surely some spelling and grammar mistakes are in.

The guide was approved by Reckful and he read over it and recommended it. However the guide will be updated regulary and also Khuna promised to give his feedback, especially after the MoP launch.

I hope you enjoy it. If someone wants to use the guide or transport it to this forum, it is fine as long as you mention Vishas, Reckful and me.

Link: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/228496-vishas-and-hildegards-rogue-guide-approved-by-reckful/
Edited by Hïldegard on 06/09/2012 12:01 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
It's good. I'm just missing some examplary builds with an explained reasoning of talentchoice.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
06/09/2012 12:10Posted by Eléctrica
It's good. I'm just missing some examplary builds with an explained reasoning of talentchoice.

These will follow once more 3v3 testing is done. It's right now not focussed on making choices for you, especially as you will switch talents and glyphs a lot during the preparation phase. Khuna promised to look over it once MoP hits and Reckful will as well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Naturally. Most good players won't need the examplary builds. Since it all mostly depends on what you face and what you run with. But for the less experienced players standard RMP builds and i reckon wpvp/bg builds would be in demand.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
If you look at point 2, at the end of each specialization we have standard builds. They are not final, but solid, also poison, weapon and sometimes gear choices are there. Once more testing is done we will extent this section.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Just the sort of guide I was lookign for thanks alot.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Well-put guide. I read it, I liked it., helpfull stuff.
You should consider writing it on these forums aswell. I can see this is no easy task mostly because of the links but this thing will get to be a sticky in no time and it will most probably last till 6.0.4 with the regular major content updates.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Very good and detailed guide. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Thanks for all the feedback.

Well-put guide. I read it, I liked it., helpfull stuff.
You should consider writing it on these forums aswell. I can see this is no easy task mostly because of the links but this thing will get to be a sticky in no time and it will most probably last till 6.0.4 with the regular major content updates.

Yes, probably, but I need a break after all the work. If someone else wants to do it - fine by me if you mention Vishas, Reckful and me.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
really nice guide..thumbs up

anything to help people out with their rogues at the moment especially explaining the changes can only be a good thing
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Really nice guide, very usefull.

Hasn't distraction changed? It still works on players on foot, but doesn't seem to work propperly on mounted players anymore...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Thanks again for the feedback. Appreciate it.

Really nice guide, very usefull.

Hasn't distraction changed? It still works on players on foot, but doesn't seem to work propperly on mounted players anymore...

Not to my knowledge. Distract does not work if the enemy presses down the two mouse buttons to move, but works if uses the normal move forward hotkey (w for many players). It's also probably my favorite skill in WoW, simply amazing and only few are coming close, like SW:D, Alter Time (new mage spell) or Dark Simulacrum.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Hello everyone,
Vishas and me wrote an extensive rogue guide for Arena Junkies. I would publish it here, but we used to many links for abilities, so it would take hours to make it work on this forum. We took about 60 to 80 hours of work into this guide, but we are no native speakers and surely some spelling and grammar mistakes are in.

The guide was approved by Reckful and he read over it and recommended it. However the guide will be updated regulary and also Khuna promised to give his feedback, especially after the MoP launch.

I hope you enjoy it. If someone wants to use the guide or transport it to this forum, it is fine as long as you mention Vishas, Reckful and me.

Link: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/228496-vishas-and-hildegards-rogue-guide-approved-by-reckful/

Please for the love of god, finally get that term "PvP GUIDE" out of peoples head and dont lead people more into a patterning behaviour. You see everywhere people asking for a PvP roation which makes me wanna rip out my hair.

PvP is and always will be: Situational. You mostly learn by doing and to be more precise: By failure. If that requires too much time, then I really ask myself what the hell are you doing in this game and on this earth in general. Nothing can take too much time, especially in this age where everything seems to take too long. Which is all in your hasty heads in general!

So therefore there is no "the" ultimate way to skill. Esp with MoP now given multiple choices on how to approach gaming in PvP.

It has a reason why we are using words, why we use different terms. So dont be lazy and rather add terminologies like "situational Guide" or similar, in the future. Only to give people a clear statement what awaits them in such a guide.

Most people approach such guides with the expectation of owning everyone in no time. Which is not gonna happen. Which results in and also is the problem of FOTM-rolling in general: People dont want to be dedicated, people dont want to invest time. Only easy profit counts. I am sick of it!
Edited by Aughur on 07/09/2012 15:07 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I have looked into it and what I can tell is, it is a very indepth guide. Very un-usual indeed. Keep it up!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/09/2012 15:03Posted by Aughur
So dont be lazy and rather add terminologies like "situational Guide" or similar, in the future. Only to give people a clear statement what awaits them in such a guide.

As the guide was written during beta and without extensive 3v3 testing - it focuses on mechanics and is not a "do this and win" kind of guide. We will add more once MoP is out and keep asking the best rogues out there to give their input. Your criticism and your ideas for improvements and additions are welcome.

Point 9
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
All i really want to know is the math stuff, the stat priority. In your guide you put haste, then mastery and then crit for sub but on your gear it looks more like it's mastery, crit and then haste. I also have no idea what those numbers are. Don't get me wrong, i can figure out how to play my class but i am not good with dead, cold numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Not really a guide is it? It just basically tells you what every thing about rogue does. Tooltips tell you the same apart from the macros. I thought it was going to be like strategies vs other classes and setups etc.

I could write one of these about warlock in 1 night if i'd never even entered an arena :\ so not really a pvp guide
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello everyone,

Please for the love of god, finally get that term "PvP GUIDE" out of peoples head and dont lead people more into a patterning behaviour. You see everywhere people asking for a PvP roation which makes me wanna rip out my hair.

PvP is and always will be: Situational. You mostly learn by doing and to be more precise: By failure. If that requires too much time, then I really ask myself what the hell are you doing in this game and on this earth in general. Nothing can take too much time, especially in this age where everything seems to take too long. Which is all in your hasty heads in general!

So therefore there is no "the" ultimate way to skill. Esp with MoP now given multiple choices on how to approach gaming in PvP.

It has a reason why we are using words, why we use different terms. So dont be lazy and rather add terminologies like "situational Guide" or similar, in the future. Only to give people a clear statement what awaits them in such a guide.

Most people approach such guides with the expectation of owning everyone in no time. Which is not gonna happen. Which results in and also is the problem of FOTM-rolling in general: People dont want to be dedicated, people dont want to invest time. Only easy profit counts. I am sick of it!

What would you know about Arena or PvP being situational? Have you even done an arena or any real PvP in that gear? Go to bed mate, noone believes you know what you're talking about bluey.
Reply Quote
33 Undead Rogue
nice one for the guide havent played rogue since BWL cheers nome
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
yer n1 blud
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]