Optimizer.....

90 Human Death Knight
Why does it have to be mandatory? I don't care about ~10gb of space this optimizer is going to give me, I just want to login to wow! With its current rate, I'm gonna login tommorow probably .....
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
The optimiser is to make sure your patches are streamlined, and that the game runs optimally. It helps with more than just deleting files you don't use, it also increases performance.

It's actually a fantastic bit of tech too, and very few other games have gotten similar yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Its 8am Game time im sure you will be okay, its not just to save space its to increase the speed of which the game plays at. Which im sure u do care about?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I got this too and I was worried because it never happened to me before. It has been 2 minutes and 0%.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
We have hours until the servers are ready, this is just making sure our client is ready.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You won't be able to log onto wow for a few hours yet anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The people it takes the longest for are ultimately the most who will get out of it, i may be wrong but if it can increase your game performance i think a day of not being able to play a game which is in limbo between expansion is a great idea and its something which blizzard has obvious been working on for a while
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
29/08/2012 07:00Posted by Aresterius
I got this too and I was worried because it never happened to me before. It has been 2 minutes and 0%.

Read the screen. It actually gives you an estimated time of completion and explains exactly what it is doing.

Sometimes I think you people are using computers with a black hole behind you, making every second count, and if you stop for any time at all, you are sucked into oblivion. Sloooowwww dowwwwnnnnn and read.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
.....And suddenly it went from 15% to 100% in 1sec O_o
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Gnome Mage
29/08/2012 07:04Posted by Deathmourne
.....And suddenly it went from 15% to 100% in 1sec O_o
http://i.qkme.me/3ph7ed.jpg

;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It does that, it sits really low for like 30 minutes and then finishes up really fast, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ironicly i started it at 6am by 6.30 all machines were updated lol last thing i had to do was run curse and btw there is a tonne of updates there too :P now just to see what addons are done for this time!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I got my optimizer finished in 30 mins and reduced my WoW folder by 20 gb
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
29/08/2012 07:16Posted by Lemlette
It does that, it sits really low for like 30 minutes and then finishes up really fast, lol.

:D
Edited by Shantotto on 29/08/2012 07:20 BST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Gnome Mage
There we go, optimized and addons updated ^.^

Now just to get ready for work *sighs*
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Death Knight
Mine has said downloading updated tools 3 times now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
There we go, optimized and addons updated ^.^

Now just to get ready for work *sighs*

Been updating my addons all day as they've been popping up throughout the day with updates so had that ready for a while ;) day off work, too!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
85 Gnome Mage
29/08/2012 07:25Posted by Lemlette
day off work, too!
hf with realms offline till 1500 :P
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
29/08/2012 07:26Posted by Celiby
day off work, too!
hf with realms offline till 1500 :P

Yup, just read 1500 too :( - Oh well, I will probably login to all my characters tonight to see the new stuff then crash on the sofa :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]