Shaman elemental pets

90 Orc Shaman
i think its time to earn some elemental pets under our control which have no duration ( even primal elementalist pets have 1 minute duration and its no good for a lvl 90 talent .waiting 5 minutes and use it for 1 minute .
also i always was wondering why shaman can have only 2 elemental pet . ( earth and fire )
while there are water and air elemental power that shamans benefit from too.
i think if they dont be removed by casting a totem of their type ,it would be much better . ( sometimes we need a termor totem for example and if we cast it earth elemental will be gone .)

shamans are master of the elements i dont know why they have not got such thing .

abilities of these elementals (4 elemental pets ) can be a threat for itself.
they can support their master in specific role .for example every one knows that earth elemental can taunt creatures and fire elemental casts fire spells .
Edited by Galorfíndel on 05/09/2012 01:50 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
To be honest that would make us too similar to other classes like Locks, and mage to some extent with elemental.
I think it is ok shammy just having a CD pet myself.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
To be honest that would make us too similar to other classes like Locks, and mage to some extent with elemental.

Well all spells and talents have some simularity between eachother classes.

The idea of using elementals like pets, has been like a year off now. Tho it keeps returning, since many people feel this could be a long waited benefit for shammies.

Now with MoP incoming and totems are only usable at specific situations, the gap of keeping the elementals bound to their totems have been greatly reduced in my opinion.

The idea for each elemental benefit, wich i remember was something like this:

Fire Elemental Totem: Gives increased haste and melee attacks.
Water Elemental Totem: Gives a supporting hand in casting healing waves to the target of the shaman.
Air Elemental Totem: Was if i remember right a more pvp elemental in casting slows and knockups from hurricanes.
Earth Elemental Totem: The regular earth elemental wich just taunts and has increased hp / armor.

Anyway everytime this supject dies and returns, and Blizz doesnt read these forums, so ye... little dissapointed, since this could be a our save for the pvp elemental defensive prob and some more competentive with other dps / healing classes
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't want to have to control a pet, this is fine as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I wanted pet before, in times when fixed totem AI looked like something Blizzard could never achieve. But its not true anymore. Totems works fine now. No need to have a pet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
[quote]
Anyway everytime this supject dies and returns, and Blizz doesnt read these forums, so ye... little dissapointed

do blizzard development employees even read this forum threads ? is it importat for them that what players think about classes?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
i don't need or want a pet lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I always thought there should be some glyph or talent that nerfs down the feral spirits for enhancement but makes them permanent. Having a melee class with 2 permanent pets seems unique enough to justify it.

Pets for elemental doesn't feel as right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]