Theramore's Fall – Now live!

Community
The Battle of Theramore, the first of many Scenarios coming to World of Warcraft, is a story-changing event that will be available to level-85 characters for one week only -- the week leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.

For the duration of the week of September 18-24, level-85 characters will be able to queue up for and participate in the Alliance and Horde versions of this new Scenario with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

After the lifting of the mists, the Battle of Theramore will join all other Scenarios as level-90-only content, and everyone -- including players who missed it at level 85 -- will be able to play through the event. Upon completing the Scenario for the first time, players will see the aftermath of the battle whenever visiting Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh. Theramore will eventually be changed permanently to its post-battle state in a future patch, sometime after the launch of Mists of Pandaria, whether or not players have completed the Scenario.

We’ll see you there!
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
Must... do!
Reply Quote
56 Gnome Warlock
Does that mean that the Theramore event will be the only event we'll be getting?

If so - disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
so it is indeed just a scenario and not an event. how extraordinarily exciting
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Nice! What other exciting events will happen during the build up to the scenario then? I hope we will be able to feel something in the air that something is about to happen.

You know, like the earthquakes we felt before the elemental invasion.

Or is there nothing like that this time around?

Edit: I see other like-minded people were quicker than I ;)
Edited by Kaitlin on 28/08/2012 16:35 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I must Chain heal Jaina!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yay! Oh wait can I say yay seeing as Theramore will go boom?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
What about item rewards?

They will be available only for one week than gone forever?
They will be available in the 90-version scenario?

I'm referring to the alliance tabard and horde mini-mana-bomb
and to the 384 epic items datamined (weapons and helm for each class-spec)
Can we get only one of those or we can run the scenario more times to get all the usable items?

Without testing the scenario on PTR and with 7 days only on live, I'm really concerned that it will be very disappointing
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Would be much better to delay Mist of Pandaria expansion release, as I see Blizzard isn't even ready to put simple scenario at patch release day, so there is nothing to speak about pre-events...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Will there be a Feat of Strength applied to 85's who complete the scenario pre-Mists?

Remember Theramore
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This is really it?
Reply Quote
28/08/2012 16:22Posted by Vaneras
(Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

Do you mean Dungeon Finder queueing?

And also, it's basically something that we can do, but it goes away and we get access to it forever at level 90? So it's not much of a world event...it's the same as a world event except no-one will miss out on anything.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
THe important thing I like to know is; what kind of rewards do we get from doing it?

I cant seem to find any info on that anywhere...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
if we're only getting 1 week of the theramore scenario - is there going to be anything else happening of interest?

anything super secret planned? like the introduction of the pandaren perhaps?
Reply Quote
What about item rewards?

They will be available only for one week than gone forever?
They will be available in the 90-version scenario?

I'm referring to the alliance tabard and horde mini-mana-bomb
and to the 384 epic items datamined (weapons and helm for each class-spec)
Can we get only one of those or we can run the scenario more times to get all the usable items?

Seconding all of these questions, and adding one:

What kind of gear are you expecting people do be running it with?

I've only just got my first level 85, and she's still in questing gear. Will I be able do the scenario without being a burden on my teammates, or do I need to gear her up?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Will we get rewards for completing this event before MoP hits like the previous pre-events (feat of strength or special loot) and why is their only 1 event and not more like cata (elemental invasion, gnomeregan and echo isles)

Edit: after some research i found what it rewards: for both factions it will reward a FoS: Theramore's Fall.
The Horde will also be rewarded with an item named 'Mini Mana Bomb' Use: Right click to toss your Mini Mana Bomb. (3 Min Cooldown).
The Alliance will also be rewarded with 'Theramore Tabard' Use: Right Click to plant your Theramore banner. (3 Min Cooldown)
"Remember Theramore!"
Edited by Arkonas on 28/08/2012 17:20 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Ive found the rewards, they seem to be level 384 head armor?!

Neat >.>
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Only scenario? Nothing more?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]