25 DKs vs Dragon Soul HEROIC - 12.09.12 sign up now!

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
(PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST IF YOU WANT TO JOIN)

Ok guys since dragon soul was released i wanted to clear it with only DKs at 85.
I almost gave up my hope but yogg saron and the other old gods heared my prayer. Blizzard made it crossrealm with 5.0 what means we can unite and clear it for the honor of our class

We already did this with firelands, ulduar, and Dragonsoul 10 man:

10 DKs vs Dragonsoul clear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhEr5rilrjU
10 DKs vs Firelands clear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Qr1LsRaGI
25 DKs vs Firelands:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMWdacDMZco&feature=related
10 DKs vs Ragnaros HC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K31OGXJLCc&list=UULw3bSS53BX6IlldR2MnIPQ&index=13&feature=plcp

if you want to join you should pass these requirements first:

EU Realm
Horde DK at 85
DS Heroic Clear (no exceptions)
Itemlvl 400+ (Dps or tankgear)
English Knowledge (understand my advice)
Teamspeak 3 installed

and if you pass all these requirements you need to create an account
and sign up for the raid here:

www.openraid.eu/index.php/users/raid/51431

You have to tell the site your Real ID but dont worry just me and my assistant leaders are going to see it. and we gonna delete you after the raid.
Please also add a comment on the site about what roles you can do: Tankblood or Dps Blood or 2x Souldrinker Frost

for Alliance players:

If you are alliance and willing to faction change to join this event please send an email to 25dksvsdragonsoul@gmx.net with all necessary information about you. and leave a comment in openraid (link above) that you are alliance who wants to join with itemlvl / role

Once you have done this and passed all requirements (we gonna check that) a Russian Player (my assistant) will add you to his real id list and then you are done and will get the invite when we start.

The raid will probably happen on Wednesday 12.09.2012 at 19:00 we may change the day but we totally going to do this on that Raid lockout, so tell your guilds you have to earn honor and glory for your class and cant join their raid.

For this raid i plan to do ANY boss on heroic.

I already did a 10 DK vs DS raid in 4.3 (video soon) which worked ... ok but since we couldnt do it crossrealm we just had 9 dks on most bosses and many people were twinks or undergeared. We still did 4/8 on Heroic what was a pretty good raid in my eyes with our setup. i saw that more is possible there.

some people may think about dispell at spine or hagara. if we really cant handle them without we gonna take 1 healer who doesnt do anything than dispelling and healing himself for those 2 bosses with us.

Im not quite sure about our setup and some specific bosstactics yet, first i need to test a few things but we will probably do it as in firelands

i hope to get up to 50 DKs who want to join and i will switch the bad ones after any boss so everyone will get his chance

Im Going to update this thread with any important stuff so check it from time to time pls.

Edit: if you have any problems signing up for this raid or something important you can contact me here: 25dksvsdragonsoul@gmx.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TACTICS (unfinished):

Morchok Heroic: 4 tanks 20 dps blood 1 frostdw

We gonna tank both bosses as any other normal setup raid.
Tanks gonna stay at max meleerange from bosses same as the frostdk.
Dps Bloods stay near the bosses to get the doublestomp
Crystals are going to be completly ignored since their dmg is low

Yorsahj Heroic: 3-4 Tanks 20-21 Dps Blood 1 frostdw

since he was damn easy in 10 man i wont get detailed here.
just do it as normal raids do but completly ignore purple and blue blobs.
So if for example Blue/purple/Yellow/Black spawns we wont kill any blob and just stay at boss

Zonoss Heroic: 3-4 Tanks 21-22 Dps bloods

Problem on this boss is very very high tankdmg to solve that i got following ideas:

more than just 2 tanks to get a cooldown rotation or to have some extra tanks after 1 died.
Every Dps blood is going to specc Antimagic Zone and place it for the bounces since tanks also gonna get the dmg from bounce. Maybe Dps bloods can also use Glyph of Deathcoil to shield tanks.
still be open for any ideas on this boss.

Hagara Heroic: 2 Tanks 23 Dps Blood

no ice tombs will spawn since only blood dks are there
Problem: Ice phase frostflake debuff.
There are some pots to dispell this debuff but i dont want any dk to buy those pots since its impossible on some servers with low population.
Solution:
We move together as a camp
on 1st frosttower nuke it before any frostflake debuff appears.
on 2nd frosttower we gonna stay till it is dead and use AMS when the frostspikes come to us.
on 3rd tower we gonna use Icebound Fortitude for frostspikes
on 4th tower we gonna use AMZ or AMS if it is ready again.
For everyone who gets frostflake ->move behind the camp outside the platform and die
Theres also the new Talent Deaths Advance that may helps us there

Ultraxion Heroic: 2 Tanks 23 Dps Blood (since frost wont survive it)

Same tactic as normal groups. Should be easy since everyone gets vengeance and we dont have healers with 0 dps and no one except tanks gets fading light.

Warmaster Heroic: ???
P1:
5 people will run after small Voids that are far away and suck them alone whenever AMS or AMZ is ready. if nothing of that is ready do the same as unassigned people

Unassigned People gonna DPS Dragons at all costs run into any big void together and kill meleeadds when dragons are dead

P2: i have no %^-*ing idea how we could bring the dragon to land.
Option 1: Deathcoil->Dragon macro for everyone
Option 2: Let 25 Armys tank the boss till diseases brought dragon down
Option 3: have some frostdks who spam howling blast onto it (scared that they die earlier)
Option 4: Just DPS boss and see what happens

Still hope someone has good ideas to deal with this

Spine Heroic: 4 Tanks 20 Blooddps 1 dispelling healer

1 Pull without healer to see if we even get something to dispell if we are just bloods

Tanks gonna switch whenever a tank gets the absorbing heal debuff.
To bring down the 3 plates fast enough we gonna let every blood dk stay at the big add when it explodes with AMS/AMZ to get a huge amount of vengeance just before the plate opens.

we will have biggest problems on that boss i guess

Madness Heroic: 2 Tanks 23 Dps Blood

Wont get parasites <3

Platformorder: Yellow-> green -> blue ->red (my first thinking)
on last platform we wont kill the bubbles.
8 (or how many bubbles spawn) Dps blood DKs all will taunt one of them so we get a big dmg boost in P2 thanks to blue buff and vengeance
10-15 people should have glyph of death and decay in order to slow bubbles at 15% 10% and 5%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must have macros:

#showtooltip Deathstrike
/startattack
/cast Deathstrike
/cast Boneshield

since 5.0 it doesnt cost runes anymore and i dont see a reason why dps bloods shouldnt refresh it every 60 secs automatically

#showtooltip Deathcoil
/cast [target=focus] Deathcoil

for people with new deathcoil glyph. i will assign 3-6 people to use that to assist the tank on zonozz since he already was a beast in 10 man as tank and maybe later somewhere too

#showtooltip Lichborne
/cast [target=player] Deathcoil
/cast Lichborne

good old lichbornemacro needed on some bosses
Edited by Raegwynsolo on 03/09/2012 21:21 BST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
and btw, if u join this raid friend in ur pants grows 2times
Edited by Мерзкийпоезд on 31/08/2012 21:26 BST
Reply Quote
true story
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
kewl
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Nice Raeg :D to bad my dk is so !@#$ty Geared id really try :D GL with the ppl that go i wish you the best and alot of fun :D wish i geared me dk now D:
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
oww i wish i was a dk and horde ..
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Just wish I had same gear on this as my warrior.

GL!
Reply Quote
Would love to join, but 3 ilvl short D:
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/09/2012 01:23Posted by Acelius

And all my eligible death knights are alliance, all 3 of them and hordeling is short as well :'(

I guess for MoP projects I really need to find a horde raidgroup too :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Good luck. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
24 DKs + 1 Holy Paladin! <3 Nice story... just joking! ;)

Good Luck, i follow on youtube!

Take some songs from Skrillex for the vid ;D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
If you down it, you get nerfhammer. /end

Gl :D
Edited by Gooblegain on 01/09/2012 08:21 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Only item level 398. ( But I can solo Lich king heroic. Does that get me any extra points? )

Regards.
And good luck with your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
About dispelling on hagara, I think AMS works to remove the frost flake? How ever I'd maybe like to join (blood tank) 402-ilvl atm will probbably get some more before the raid, Savior of Aziroth ofc. Check it out and add Makken#2380 if you're interested.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
hmmm just one issue, will ppl see this as actually counting i mean were in overpowered Mists of pandaria prepatch skillset now and not the intended cataclysm stuff

but good luck anyway
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
And maybe should go now while vengence is still bugged.
Reply Quote
01/09/2012 01:23Posted by Acelius

you can still sign up for the raid as backup its always good to have something in reserve if others dont come or suck so just sign up there and write as commetn that you havent passed that requirement but you are close to it

01/09/2012 09:45Posted by Makken
About dispelling on hagara, I think AMS works to remove the frost flake? How ever I'd maybe like to join (blood tank) 402-ilvl atm will probbably get some more before the raid, Savior of Aziroth ofc. Check it out and add Makken#2380 if you're interested.

if you want to join sign up for openraid like anyone else has to. i wont add single people myself cause thats way to much work to handle.
for the hagara part. yes AMS works but just if you use it before you get it. i still already figured out a new tactic for the frostphase what i will explain soon

hmmm just one issue, will ppl see this as actually counting i mean were in overpowered Mists of pandaria prepatch skillset now and not the intended cataclysm stuff

but good luck anyway

i dont really care if people count it or not. i would have done this earlier if crossrealm would have been possible. blood dk may looks op now but for a 25 dk raid that means nothing. the new skills are good and bad in some ways. AMZ will be helpful at some points ofc. but dmg wise i think its a nerf for us instead of a buff if you look at the whole raid. tanks do way way more damage since 5.0 but blooddks who dont tank do way less dmg and since most of the raid will consist of blooddks who dont tank its probably harder to pass dmg requirements than before patch

01/09/2012 15:58Posted by Makken
And maybe should go now while vengence is still bugged.

vengeance isnt bugged, its just a bit to strong and that wont affect our raid much more than any other raid with a normal setup.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I can't apply via openraid because I'm alliance but I'm willing to faction change for this. 405 tank/403 dps, no gurthalak yet =(
Reply Quote
for alliance people who are willing to faction change just send all necessary informations about you to that mail adress: 25dksvsdragonsoul@gmx.net
and write a comment on openraid that you are alliance who wants to join with itemlvl / role
Edited by Raegwynsolo on 02/09/2012 00:15 BST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
meh my dk is 5 ilvl too short lets gear em op XD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]