Warlocks can't die from their abilities - pathetic!

90 Human Warrior
Another class specialty removed from the game. Not sure for how long this has been, but I was very disappointed when I found out that there's a fail-safe mechanism, you know, idiot-proof, because no, warlocks don't play with fire and like it, they need safety net, because that's so much what a warlock is about.

I thought the thrill of dancing on death's edge is supposed to be part of what makes the class fun. Apparently not.

It's the new WoW, people. ... Newb Kids On The Lock!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
i miss the days when i killed myself with hellfire...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Another class specialty removed from the game. Not sure for how long this has been, but I was very disappointed when I found out that there's a fail-safe mechanism, you know, idiot-proof, because no, warlocks don't play with fire and like it, they need safety net, because that's so much what a warlock is about.

I thought the thrill of dancing on death's edge is supposed to be part of what makes the class fun. Apparently not.

It's the new WoW, people. ... Newb Kids On The Lock!

Hellfire really doesn't kill us any longer? I've not noticed that. Shows how often it comes up, I suppose. Still, if that is the case...

We have more abilities than ever that can bring us close to death. Repeated Hellfire against poorly tanked trash, a mis-judged Dark Bargain, not looking after your minion with Soul Link on, poorly timed Life Taps. In PvE and PvP, all of these effects can bring you to extremely low health, to the point where a light gust of wind is enough to finish you off.

It's just as dangerous as it was previously. All that has really changed is that you cannot finish yourself off yourself. Really, the last time you Hellfired yourself to death and it wasn't an intentional suicide, was it really because you sat with Hellfire on for eighty seconds? Or was it because you Hellfire'd that trash back in Bastion of Twilight and then a stray mob clubbed your half-health head with a brick? No reason why that won't continue to happen.
Edited by Maliku on 10/09/2012 21:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hellfire can still kill us AFAIK.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Warlock
Dark bargain can kill us. After duels. Which is really nice......
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I love this patch. Before i played lock because they had cool transmog.
Some cool spells but the 13 spell rotaion and dieing allthe time was bad.
Yes im not the best warlock. I love it now :) less spells, pet keeps agro.
Edited by Síth on 11/09/2012 01:36 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hm, Ok, I'll have to take a closer look at the abilities. I just noticed the talent where you exchange hitpoints for movement speed increase.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I used Imp-Cauterize Master after a duel and it sure killed me :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
OK, Cauterize master and Dark Bargain onl have the potential to kill in situations that were about to kill you anyway, meaning you were brought to near-death.
And Hellfire ... does that even exist anymore? Seems like a pre-5.0.4 talent.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I very nearly just killed myself with Burning Rush while farming in TB. I don't see the point of the failsafe; sure, you won't kill yourself, but you're going to end up in the middle of a fight with < 6k health. It's basically the same thing, especially if you're special like me. I threw up Sacrificial Pact and nearly got my voidwalker killed too, fun times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hah, that makes me wonder: When you use Tome of Sacrifice, which demon do you prefer to kill? :-D For some reason I tend to choose the Succubus.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I usually sacrifice my Felhunter to gain an interrupt. Really useful in instances and when soloing the Firelands-dailies.

Edit: By the way, this must be the only class where you could find a post on the official forums complaining about not being able to commit suicide.
Edited by Sindoros on 11/09/2012 22:04 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
11/09/2012 17:02Posted by Chromeson

It does but it's a demo only spell now.

Personally I do kinda miss being able to kill myself but then we have so many abilities to bring us close to death it sorta makes up for it. Also Burning Rush is great for greifing healers you don't like, not that I'd ever do that of cause *shifty eyes*.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/09/2012 21:52Posted by Sindoros
Edit: By the way, this must be the only class where you could find a post on the official forums complaining about not being able to commit suicide.

That's what makes warlocks special.

12/09/2012 04:40Posted by Eromor

It does but it's a demo only spell now.

Personally I do kinda miss being able to kill myself but then we have so many abilities to bring us close to death it sorta makes up for it. Also Burning Rush is great for greifing healers you don't like, not that I'd ever do that of cause *shifty eyes*.

Yeah, I realized Hellfire is demo only. What the hell? A pulsing ring of fire and destro can't cast it?!
On the PTR, out of combat, I could kill myself by using Burning Rush to near death and then casting Hellfire.
Griefing healers through self-healthburn... man, I'm learning new stuff for proper warlock style ... thanks. :-D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I don't understand that why you guys started to cry about warlocks. (other classes)
Our mechanics were broken and we were trying %120 work for %80 result. Now things are fixed , and why do you ask spells bla bla in here ? go and make a warlock char and see what we have.

In 4.3 almost noone was using warlock class, because we were weak. All the time i've waited this days. You need to remember that Warlock = Neck muscle :))

If you cry about warlocks then you should get suicide for chain lightning or some classes have absorb spells thing or dozens of advantages. I remember that in this forum someone did a top10 class list and they put warlocks to last place. And they said "someone has to be last."

This game is great and should stay balanced, we were so weak at 4.3 now mistakes have been fixed and you can understand that you are not a superb player as you think. It was easy to kill warlock in 4.3 eh? ...

You have dozens of immune , stun , hex mex advantages and you can only talk about "fear" which is weak spell (if you compare with immune things).

However hellfire still gives 2500 damage per second. Seriously other classes should stop complaining about warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i know why they started to cry... cause blizzard actually ruined the fun of being a warlock. and if you was weak in all the other pre patches it was your own fault for not knowing what to do at all.
its true that we was nerfed all the time but we was always in the top 3 damage dealers pve based content.

the change now is like giving the warlocks a suicide for those that actually did play warlocks before. all the spells that was actually usefull for pvp is now split so you can only get some of them.

as of what i used demonology for before its now useless, i might actually go try affliction for pvp while i need destro for fulltime pve. who used hellfire in combat all? hehe
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You are empty talking mate, i always do top damage or top2 but , i don't understand 1 thing. You don't even completed enchants etc... and you come here and say that "and if you was weak in all the other pre patches it was your own fault for not knowing what to do at all."

Get lost for the love of god...

However i forgot to write one thing, Chromeson "It's the new WoW, people. ... Newb Kids On The Lock!"

Mate people are paying for the game, it is non of your business... Some people are playing for fun, some people are playing for feeding their egos...

out of 7 Dpsers in a 10 man raid i used to be around 5th-6th. Now with the new talents etc (for the first time in my life i went destruction, its piss easy to do extremely high dps + burst with it) and now im in the top 3.

Saying your always first or second is just.. what are you competing against? how is there gear. My example is comperative as towards 2 different patches.

Another example is in 4.2 firelands i was top 3 constantly. I have been playing with the same people so skill was an irrelevant factor since that remained the same.

BTW killing yourself is piss easy as both affliction and demo. Burning rush + dark bargain and life tap.

Lifetap yourself close to death> activate dark bargain and burning rush
when dark bargain runs out> you die
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The subject is not damage race ( i am top one you are top one) ... The subject is why other classes are coming warlock forum and crying.

So stop that please :) nobody cares your top dps things or mine. However i will answer that, our team's dps gear is 395+ but for a long time i stucked at 391 and i play so hard, not making any mistake and thanks god making good damage. Practice mate...

Do you belive synergy? Try to catch it. I always hate to play as affliction, when 5.0.4 patch comes, 4 days long i was front of training dummies. First day was 10k, now 40k. Found my way.

But again nevermind that damage race, other classes should stop coming here and complaining.
They have tons of advantages in pvp especially...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
meh probably just me being mad about the changes huh, well and you start screaming about the gear? the gear that isnt enchanted/gemmed i got right before i took my break...+ this week

since EPiX (Guild) is pretty much inactive + it dosnt seem like anyone is making raids on the realm atm i just havent botherd... but yeah i probably need a little/alot more time to get used to the new skills...

and you do want to hug me, i will share some evil twisted memories with you =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]