Im predicting it now: Challenge Mode nerf in 5.1

85 Dwarf Death Knight
16/09/2012 10:53Posted by Ashiraya
It would be nice if challenge modes granted JP/VP

Challenge modes award Valor points based on whether you got Gold, Silver, or Bronze time.

Didnt know that, thanks
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Challange modes offer me nothing as a player tuss i'll prolly run them once or twice to obtain gear(for mogging if it looks decent) and after that they are gonna be again something useless thats been overhyped by blizzard.

Either add some actual gear that helps people progress or remove them because they are useless.

I don't understand why you are adding features like those that really give noting in return.
Gold medal?
Silver medal?
Bronze medal?

Wtf do those count for when you gain nothing for it.....
YAY more vp's ............ derp useless.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
one more thing about runing challenge modes many times quoting wowhead

Hit and expertise caps will remain the same in spite of scaled-down gear: your other stats will take a hit. Keep in mind that dungeon mobs have a lower level than raid bosses, if you want to reforge.

reforging again and again for no actual reward ....
i can see a point in HC progress but here ...

also maybe there will be3 an actual reward indeed ....

The teleport rewards, added later, are pretty convenient with Have Group Will Travel gone.
Edited by Liliith on 16/09/2012 13:53 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
16/09/2012 13:10Posted by Ebalina
You gain transmog gear which possibly can be rare.

You gain another epeen indicator, which can be used to promote yourself to better guilds when applying.

Although I'd definitely support the idea of Challenge Modes granting VP that does not stack with the "normal" weekly cap of 1000; for example it could grant up to 250VP extra above that per week. That could lead to faster gearing and upgrading of gear in 5.1.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
16/09/2012 13:44Posted by Exiasee
You gain transmog gear which possibly can be rare.

You gain another epeen indicator, which can be used to promote yourself to better guilds when applying.

Although I'd definitely support the idea of Challenge Modes granting VP that does not stack with the "normal" weekly cap of 1000; for example it could grant up to 250VP extra above that per week. That could lead to faster gearing and upgrading of gear in 5.1.

Seriously ?
Do you think that any serious guild out there will look if you have completed challange modes?
How daft can you be.......
Transmog gear counts for 0 during progression aka it has 0 worth for any self respected raider.
Id rather spend my time farming reputation for an item or enchant then go challange modes for transmog gear.
Making gold makes more sense then going for transmog gear.

250vps on top of the cap is nothing really nothing.

Epeen indicator is for souless people that have no gasp of how the game is played wich again leads to no value what so ever in terms of progression because gear that helps you progress faster will give you more epeen then some medal/transmog gear you are gonna obtain from this.

So again useless useless useless and still more useless stuff in those Challange modes.
Are they called challange modes because they are for mentaly challanged people? because i think they are..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Transmog gear counts for 0 during progression aka it has 0 worth for any self respected raider.

How would you know?

I read a thread on another forum where members of a worlds top 10 guild were doing lots of interesting things once progression was over. If they want to blitz challenge modes and set a time that is the envy of the rest of the world would that make them "non self respecting raiders?"

You need to understand that people have different interests and desires ingame, just because you think its crap it doesnt mean others do. Blizz has a LOT of different groups to keep happy.

As to your last sentence, lol, how I laughed! (At you, not with you)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

How would you know?

I read a thread on another forum where members of a worlds top 10 guild were doing lots of interesting things once progression was over. If they want to blitz challenge modes and set a time that is the envy of the rest of the world would that make them "non self respecting raiders?"

You need to understand that people have different interests and desires ingame, just because you think its crap it doesnt mean others do. Blizz has a LOT of different groups to keep happy.

As to your last sentence, lol, how I laughed! (At you, not with you)

I just cannnot facepalm more afte reading another useless post by you.
People have diffrent interest that is fine.
Going challange modes after progression is over again makes these challange modes absolute because when progression is over you gain only transmog gear and those 250 extra vp's will again mean jack all.

You can laught at me as much as you want i'll laught at you just because opinions differ does not make you right or wrong.

I say again Challange modes are not what they should be they are not even close to anything remotely worth doing at the start of a new expansion because gear scaling and them doing nothing for actual character progression/guild progression wich is what drives the masses in this game.
The transmog gear is a niche and a tiny miniority will go do it at the start of the expansion just to be able to flex for the 1st weeks with diffrent color items (YAY another useless content).
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Tbh if you apply to a good guild and can show that you have multiple good gold ranking's are they not going to take that in consideration?
I think it's going to be another show of how good you are.
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
Tbh if you apply to a good guild and can show that you have multiple good gold ranking's are they not going to take that in consideration?
I think it's going to be another show of how good you are.

TBH any serious guild worth their salt would be far more interested in logs.

The problem with group achievements is that they lead to you missing out on superior players who have been carrying weaker groups and end up recruiting the morons who were scraping the bottom of the meters before being kicked from a better guild.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
Challange modes offer me nothing as a player tuss i'll prolly run them once or twice to obtain gear(for mogging if it looks decent) and after that they are gonna be again something useless thats been overhyped by blizzard.

Either add some actual gear that helps people progress or remove them because they are useless.

I don't understand why you are adding features like those that really give noting in return.
Gold medal?
Silver medal?
Bronze medal?

YAY more vp's ............ derp useless.

Maybe its just me but if i can find a way to grind VP cap without having to inevitably carry people than i would do it. Its not going to be the be-all and end-all of PvE, its an option for those that want it.

16/09/2012 14:27Posted by Ebalina
Do you think that any serious guild out there will look if you have completed challange modes?

If challenge modes are tuned to be significantly more difficult than heroics (IE actually require you to handle mechanics) why wouldn't guilds consider it?
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Warrior
There's no loot besides vanity mogs and it's all ranked on battle.net

They cannot nerf it or they invalidate every previous time. They will not be nerfed, !@#$ters will just have to deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I just cannnot facepalm more afte reading another useless post by you.

I'm sorry, you call people who may be interested in this mentally challenged and yet you thinkmy posts are useless?

Pot, meet kettle.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Challenge modes are meant to be a challenge, so you may have fun with friends and feel a sense of accomplishment after getting good medals. It's a game not a job, no rewards needed, but fun. Better gear means nothing where it's normalized. I can't agree with you saying they're useless, because they don't. I see your point, if you're looking for great rewards they won't interest you. That's ok, but i personally like arcade modes where you have to do things better than others. Those features are intended for people like me, and they're fine; you can't expect content designers create everything according to your exclusive will.
Edited by Zephno on 02/10/2012 16:14 BST
Reply Quote
We've said this in the past, but it might be a good moment to bring it back up. Challenge modes have a different design philosophy than raids, and therefore the developers don't plan to nerf them.

If you haven't tried them yet, go give them a try. It's not just a race against the clock. And if you see someone sporting the full transmogrifiable set, you'll know that you're looking at a really skilled player :-)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Challenge mode is not hard.

Getting gold on the other hand is. Any random 5 people can clear it so there is no reason to nerf it.

If by December and no one got gold then yes, expect a nerf but meh. I like how it is right now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
14/09/2012 21:01Posted by Stinkyedita
I thought this was about the challenge and proving yourself against other players. Proving who is really the best.

Oh no it isn't for people to try and compete against the best, because then most people will then have to realise they aren't the best. And we all know that everyone is the best.

They want the bar setting just 1% below their skill level so they can laugh at anyone else who doesn't reach it, and a leaderboard doesn't show who is worse, just who is better. Gear on the other hand is a clear indication on who isn't quite good enough and thus should be mocked, and without people to mock what is the point in WoW?

I am sure the same people would be back in a month if they weren't close to gold themselves however.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/10/2012 15:58Posted by Zephno
Challenge modes are meant to be a challenge,

So are Heroic raids. What else have you got?

They got nerfed.
Edited by Kitsuné on 02/10/2012 17:49 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/10/2012 17:04Posted by Draztal
And if you see someone sporting the full transmogrifiable set, you'll know that you're looking at a really skilled player :-)

I think I heard this story before but then in a PVP Setting, something with shoulders at first, then tier 2 and other 'prestigious' titles. We all know how that ended
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Since it's something Blizzard seem adamant about, and it's one thing that lesser skilled players will be unable to do - it's guaranteed to be hit with the "accessibility" bat.

The second those transmog sets start showing up in captial cities and the majority of folks find themselves solidly stuck in the Bronze skill zone, there will be crying.

And the nerfs will roll in.

Blizzard's adamant stance that they won't be made easier will result in:

1- them just blanket nerfing the things and refusing to comment

or

2- blanket nerfing them and releasing a statement that "they were just overtuned and we have now gotten round to fixing them"

Perhaps I have become cynical in my observations about this game, but as Volrag is fond of saying; the "No Moron Is Left Behind" policy seems too ingrained in the modern Blizzard mind to inspire any sort of confidence that Challenge Modes will stay un-nerfed.

Anyone else have the same thoughts?
Yep you're right, they already started to nerf the rep requirements into free gear, the hole "world of FACEROLLcraft" is uppon us once again! (after just one week this time)

Bravo Blizz bravo
/clap
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Since it's something Blizzard seem adamant about, and it's one thing that lesser skilled players will be unable to do - it's guaranteed to be hit with the "accessibility" bat.

The second those transmog sets start showing up in captial cities and the majority of folks find themselves solidly stuck in the Bronze skill zone, there will be crying.

And the nerfs will roll in.

Blizzard's adamant stance that they won't be made easier will result in:

1- them just blanket nerfing the things and refusing to comment

or

2- blanket nerfing them and releasing a statement that "they were just overtuned and we have now gotten round to fixing them"

Perhaps I have become cynical in my observations about this game, but as Volrag is fond of saying; the "No Moron Is Left Behind" policy seems too ingrained in the modern Blizzard mind to inspire any sort of confidence that Challenge Modes will stay un-nerfed.

Anyone else have the same thoughts?
Yep you're right, they already started to nerf the rep requirements into free gear, the hole "world of FACEROLLcraft" is uppon us once again! (after just one week this time)

Bravo Blizz bravo
/clap

Oh the irony Mr. zero heroic bosses and any repsectable pvp ach...

p.s. JP req nerf was needed since the req was pointless to begin with as everyone outgeared the jp items just by doing heroics...learn to read and think out of the box...
Edited by Nalaadu on 02/10/2012 18:59 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]