Prepare for Pandaria with 7 days free

(Locked)

85 Orc Warrior
sdb
Hello,
I recieved this on my e-mail and it comes from :
Return-Path: <Newsletter@email.blizzard.com>
Is this a legit Blizzard email ? My account was not active for a few months.

http://media.wow-europe.com/email/winback/2012/sept/Cata/en/index_w_7_en-gb.html

Is that adress legit ?
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage
Please be safe and visit your account. If its right everyone who was unsubbed or met a certain secret criteria will be able to see a free trial on your license.
90 Tauren Druid
Yes, it is legitimate. =)
Customer Service
Seems Legit. :)

If you're ever concerned just don't follow any links in the emails, instead go directly to your Account Management through your browser.
I was also worried about this, especially since e-mails had been compromised from b-net last month.

I got the e-mail but see nothing on my account. So, phising attempt?
Edited by Conglomo on 12/09/2012 11:53 BST
- CS
85 Draenei Paladin
I was also worried about this, especially since e-mails had been compromised from b-net last month.

I got the e-mail but see nothing on my account. So, phising attempt?

Have you selected your actual account within Battle.net?
I don't even know what you mean by that. I logged on to my battle.net account and browsed around everywhere, there is nothing on 7 free days anywhere.
85 Orc Warrior
sdb
I want to say that the email was legitimate, i just added 7 days of free game time .

I am always suspicious about emails regarding WoW playtime/bonuses/mounts because i constantly recieve (about 1 email per day) fake emails .

What i do to be sure it's from Blizzard, i go to settings > view full header and from there i check the return path ( strangely sometimes the return path is my address name) and if it is an address other than Blizzard's legitimate adresses , i block it through email options > blocked addresses . This has become a daily task for me :)

Btw i checked my Account Management and i had no option to add those 7 days from it , that's why i made this thread, but i managed to add them from the email i recieved .

Thanks for your replies
Edited by Chaosaxe on 12/09/2012 15:10 BST
If blizz are so worried about people falling for phising, they shouldn't promote it like this themselves. No wierd links in the actual mail, just refer to the users account on bnet.
Edited by Conglomo on 12/09/2012 18:54 BST
85 Tauren Hunter
So, in other words, you need to recieve a mail from blizzard about these 7 days before you can add them?

Can't find this offer anywhere in my account page.
85 Undead Mage
Its on the main page you should be able to see it now, though it seems to be not working for a large number of people.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
How is this supposed to work? When I go through the promotion links and choose my account nothing happens. Where Im supposed to claim the 7 days?

E: Something actually flashes under the "Game time" text but it goes back to -
Buy more game time or set up a subscription.
Edited by Hebd on 13/09/2012 09:17 BST
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd love to know how you activate this to in your account management, checked in my wow account but i see nothing there to indicate any 7 day free trials, but seeing as the email is legit ill try through the link in the email.
MVP
1 Tauren Druid
The "Prepare for Pandaria" email is old, and if you're being sent one now then it's either a bug, or someone's trying to take your account details.

If, however, you have received this email, it should be fine: http://media.wow-europe.com/email/2013/wow/winback/feb/mop/en/index_en-gb.html
MVP
18 Pandaren Warrior
I'd love to know how you activate this to in your account management, checked in my wow account but i see nothing there to indicate any 7 day free trials, but seeing as the email is legit ill try through the link in the email.

I'm not saying your email isn't legit, since they did send free trial to some people, but this thread is very old.
90 Pandaren Monk
The "Prepare for Pandaria" email is old, and if you're being sent one now then it's either a bug, or someone's trying to take your account details.

If, however, you have received this email, it should be fine: http://media.wow-europe.com/email/2013/wow/winback/feb/mop/en/index_en-gb.html

Yea that is the email, and i never actually noticed the date of this thread, i just found it by searching and it was the most relevant discussion to my problem.
90 Orc Death Knight
Plz Let Me Play 7 Days free man i need to play pvp and full gear

pls
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Please don't necro threads. If you are eligible for 7 days free game time due to inactivity, then Blizzard will mail you. When you get a mail, be extremely cautious, as most of the times you're looking at a phising mail.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
Aside from the mail if you get free time it should be in the Referrals and Rewards section of account management.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]