How to delete your account

38 Human Warrior
Hello forum! Where can I find the button to delete your WoW account? I’ve found the button to cancel your subscribing but can’t find the button to delete it. :s Anyone know how this been done? Thanks
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Druid
If you want your account physically deleted then you have to contact customer services and have them do it, i have a feeling they will only do it over the phone too so be prepared to prove it is your account that you want to delete.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=delete+account&f=post&forum=975485
Reply Quote
38 Human Warrior
Ah Thanks. I just keep it inactive then :D little bit too much work to delete the thing:D
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
You cannot delete it online or by contacting customer support. You'll have to send a physical letter to their headquarters in France at this address and with the following information:-

Blizzard Entertainment Europe
Account Support
145, rue Yves Le Coz
78000 Versailles
France

How do I completely delete my account?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010464129#3
You can, however, request permanent deletion of a WoW (or Battle.net account) by sending a postal letter to our European Headquarters in France, providing the following information;

- Your Battle.net account name
- Your World of Warcraft account name
- Full name registered on the account
- Your full address including postal or zip code
- Your Secret Question and Answer information
- A legible scan or photo of a piece of government-issued photo identification, such as a passport or driving license matching the first and last name of the registered account owner

You’ll also need to include a signed letter confirming that you wish the deletion to take place, as the CD-Keys used on the account in question would be lost during the deletion process and this cannot be reversed at a later date.

If you’re interested in obtaining more information about permanent account deletion, or your alternative options if you’d simply like to take a break for a while, then you’re very welcome to get in touch with our Account and Payment team directly using the link provided above.
Reply Quote
38 Human Warrior
Why so much stuff needs to be done to delete your WoW account? I can remember a few years ago you could do it online, you only had to give your reasons why.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Why so much stuff needs to be done to delete your WoW account? I can remember a few years ago you could do it online, you only had to give your reasons why.
Pretty sure you've only ever been able to cancel online. Full deletion of data requires a lot of documentation. Because, say for example you annoyed me and I called Blizzard up, said I was you, then asked for them to please delete my account.

You might not be too amused if they actually did. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
17/09/2012 16:30Posted by Flavium
I can remember a few years ago you could do it online, you only had to give your reasons why.

I think you're thinking about stopping the subscription. You can click the Cancel Game Subscription button in Account Management and you'll then have to tell them why you're cancelling, and it'll be fine. Gontier was talking about deleting your account, which is what you asked for.
Reply Quote
I understand why you wanna quit. This game is dead!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
17/09/2012 16:30Posted by Flavium

Maybe it has something to do with Blizzard not wanting to do double work in case someone has a very aweful sense of humour, pulls you a leg and deletes your account.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
17/09/2012 17:44Posted by Alenya
Maybe it has something to do with Blizzard not wanting to do double work in case someone has a very aweful sense of humour, pulls you a leg and deletes your account.
Or dont want to undo something when someone has a hissy-fit, deletes their account, then changes their mind 10 mins later.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
17/09/2012 17:25Posted by Rebinn
I understand why you wanna quit. This game is dead!

Always the one doomsayer who screams this... but then you look at his activity feed and he was still enjoying this 'dead' game 18 hours ago - happily PvPing, still paying his subscription and is pretty much just moaning for the sake of it.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hey Flavium,
As was pointed out you can cancel at any time but to actually delete the account you will need to use the information Gontier provided above.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
i would like to delete my account aswell...
Reply Quote
- CS
93 Draenei Priest
So follow the instructions in post 5
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
18/09/2012 10:12Posted by Dysnomia
Or dont want to undo something when someone has a hissy-fit, deletes their account, then changes their mind 10 mins later.

If they are doing it right, there won't be any way to undo it later. Deleted account has to be gone for good for informational self-determination reasons alone.

Even though I don't know how this is reflected in non-german law and how it is handled when it comes to backups.
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage
I haven't read anything about a way to restore deleted accounts.

When you give them the green lit after sending them the information, its gone for good.
Reply Quote
- CS
93 Draenei Priest
You can't restore deleted accounts, retrieve any of the characters or reuse the CD keys. That's why it's so complicated to do so.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Why would you want to delete your account in the first place, i just don't get it :P ..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]