send heirlooms cross-realm

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
Okey, So now I've seen that they are adding cross-realm zones, so I started to wonder if someone knew if they are coming anywhere with sending heirlooms cross realm. Because for now they are BoS not BoA, if anyone new anything about this it would make me really happy

Sincerly
xLed
18 Blood Elf Mage
they said post that the revamp the heirloom thing
90 Human Warlock
16/09/2012 13:23Posted by Veleni
they said post that the revamp the heirloom thing

That was many months ago and it was a vague "We may change it" type of thing.
90 Tauren Druid
They would still like to solve this problem, but to send heirlooms across realms would involve revamping the entire mailing system, which would take a long time. They're looking at other solutions, but any solution to this would take a while to build. And they have more important things to focus on at the moment.

Heirloom mechanics
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2793450900
We would like to share an insight on the approach that is the philosophy behind the heirlooms at the moment. This is still something that may change, so please do not take it as set in stone.

In short, the developers agree that the process of mailing heirlooms around constantly is a little annoying. We'd prefer to try and work ourselves away from the method of mailing out BoA items in the future, like pets, mounts, etc. To that end, we have some design goals in mind that would improve this sort of item distribution system. And with those design goals have come some ideas for changing heirloom mechanics. This is sort of contrary to the idea that was shared in the past about just designing the system to allow players to mail their heirlooms all around their accounts without realm restrictions.

That's all of the information we can share at the moment, but we feel like it's worth pointing out that the design philosophy we shared earlier isn't so set in stone -- we're reevaluating these types of systems as we look toward the future. World of Warcraft is a living evolving world, and so the systems and mechanics that make it possible.

They want to do it, but it's not at the top of their priorities at the moment.
90 Human Warlock
16/09/2012 14:16Posted by Treeroy
They would still like to solve this problem, but to send heirlooms across realms would involve revamping the entire mailing system, which would take a long time. They're looking at other solutions, but any solution to this would take a while to build.

I don't know how they do it at the moment but cross realm mailboxes could be altered to at least send them to people in the same battlegroup.
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Pandaren Shaman
16/09/2012 14:49Posted by Dottie
I don't know how they do it at the moment but cross realm mailboxes could be altered to at least send them to people in the same battlegroup.

That's only half solving it though....
90 Human Warlock
16/09/2012 14:55Posted by Shammoz
That's only half solving it though....
Would you rather have half a bottle of wine or no wine?
90 Draenei Paladin
An easier solution that revamping the mail system:

You buy an heirloom. This sets off a flag, invisible or not it just has to act like achievements do. Then, if you go to buy that heirloom again on another character the system recognises the flag and only lets you purchase a version of the heirloom that costs nothing and has no sell price.

A more simple solution of copying existing game files and changing them in such a way to reflect that it is an altered version which has no sell value. The flag could easily be invisible to the player and only respond game side instead of client side...like an invisible achievement you cannot see.

Saves altering a more complex system and would be much quicker to implement using already available functions in the game.
90 Orc Hunter
They could do it like they have done pets and mounts that are account wide. Say you have a Heirloom tab and you just equip from that like you summon a pet/mount.
- CS
90 Draenei Priest
16/09/2012 15:18Posted by Dottie
Would you rather have half a bottle of wine or no wine?

ROFL ... you know Shammoz so well ;)
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm Thinking why not just make the void storage account bound in the sense that you only have one and that if my char on outlands put the heirlooms in then my char on ravenholdt could open up the storage and take it out:)

The system works extremely well on guild wars i don't see why that couldn't work the same on here to :)
90 Blood Elf Warlock
They could add another post box in the major city's that sole being it to send items cross realm or a storage area that you Buy for 1000g lets say so you can put stuff in that all character in all realm can get at but this storage place would not be in a city but outside it run by the transmog guys . so its an cross realm pick up an drop off site shouldn't be to hard since it all cross ream now anyway ?? just a thought keep up the Good work Blizz
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I hope they make this system available as soon as possible so I can start better at the other realm which happens to be better than the one I'm atm ....... some people may ask why I don't simply change my char to that server ... well answer is that I can't simply afford that much money to do it otherwise I could've already done it
90 Blood Elf Mage
Haven't heard anything about this lately. I hope this, at least, gets more attention than the low pop server issue.
90 Dwarf Hunter
My friend just got the game back and he wants to send an hierloom to a charector on a diffrent realm but we dont no how to can someone write back and help plz
70 Pandaren Shaman
all for this to happen asap. bout time it took higher priority.
90 Human Mage
I agree, it would be really nice and it can't be that hard to implement. Just like mounts and pets, as someone said above.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]