Free Character Migration (FCM) - 19/09

(Locked)

Community
Due to player queues on certain over-populated realms, we’ll be opening Free Character Migrations for these specific realms. We want to provide players on these realms with a better gameplay experience on different realms, allowing them a way to escape the wait time upon login.

Each source realm will have the option of free character transfers to two different destination realms. Where possible, we’ve selected destination options from the same Battlegroup and realm type (PvE/PvP/RP) as the source realm, and have given different population choices for the target realms.

The following Free Character Migrations are scheduled to be available until 25/09/2012:

ALLIANCE ONLY:
To: Burning Legion (PvP)
To: Twilight's Hammer (PvP)

Discussion on this particular migration:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5349036505 (Outland)

Please note:
FCMs are opened based on realm population tracking and analysis, not by request. If you’re looking for a specific migration (from realm A to realm B), you should in most cases use the Character Transfer service.

Character Transfers (CT)
All realms follow the regular CT rules, found here:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&articleId=20416

Guild Transfer: Although Free Guild Master Realm Transfers are not possible at this time, the Free Character Migration will allow you to retain your guild membership and reputation, provided that the guild master completes a Guild Master Realm Transfer first and the faction remains the same as that of the source realm.
Please note that the FCM service can be closed at any point in time.
90 Pandaren Priest
Outland have about 54k players... what with realms like Trollbane-eu with 6k players where is 0.18 / 1 ratio? Any solutions? It's real desert...
90 Orc Warrior
Oh look! no stormsale again....zomg.
can you please for the love of god open transfers from other servers to alliance stormscale or even free character change for the horde?
90 Human Priest
Guess i will hang on Ragnar a little bit longer then..
86 Orc Rogue
Shattered Halls needs some fresh faces by now, surely?
90 Night Elf Druid
Why don't they just, take more big servers than just one? I think there are more "high" than just outland, no?

I can atm, see 1 Full which is Outland, and 15x HIGH. Why not take 5 of these high and Outland, and make them free transfer to like half the lows, and every like 2nd week change the highs to 5 others and keep the lows and rotate them until all highs had free transfer, then switch to the other half of low.s

Sure this might cause some loose in your gigantic income, but i think it's gonna help them more, than this tiny thing you are doing. Iam glad that you are trying, so don't get me wrong, but so much more can be done, you are already earning billions per month, i doubt this will hurt the income so much that you must close the company.
10 Human Hunter
like anyone is actually going to move to a dead server? I rather have a queue than a dead realm tbh
90 Gnome Mage
23/09/2012 15:54Posted by Qpid
like anyone is actually going to move to a dead server? I rather have a queue than a dead realm tbh

Actually, over the years I´ve seen quite a few people transfer from mid-high pop realms to more empty realms. The general reasoning behind it is usually that they want a "quieter" experience with less competition for resources and quests. Sometimes it was also just for a "breath of fresh air" or a "new beginning" (probably everybody knows a few people who completely screwed their own reputation and ended up on 5k ignore lists, these people really have no choice but to start over per se)

However, with the way CRZ is implemented, where´s the point? You´ll still get ganked to oblivion on PvP realms, and questing + farming will still be near impossible on PvE realms. In all likelyhood, you`ll still be seeing the exact same people you saw before, dong the exact same things. You´ll just have a few less lags ;)
90 Gnome Warlock
Due to player queues on certain over-populated realms, we’ll be opening Free Character Migrations for these specific realms. We want to provide players on these realms with a better gameplay experience on different realms, allowing them a way to escape the wait time upon login.

Each source realm will have the option of free character transfers to two different destination realms. Where possible, we’ve selected destination options from the same Battlegroup and realm type (PvE/PvP/RP) as the source realm, and have given different population choices for the target realms.

The following Free Character Migrations are scheduled to be available until 25/09/2012:

ALLIANCE ONLY:
To: Burning Legion (PvP)
To: Twilight's Hammer (PvP)

Discussion on this particular migration:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5349036505 (Outland)

Please note:
FCMs are opened based on realm population tracking and analysis, not by request. If you’re looking for a specific migration (from realm A to realm B), you should in most cases use the Character Transfer service.

Character Transfers (CT)
All realms follow the regular CT rules, found here:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&articleId=20416

Guild Transfer: Although Free Guild Master Realm Transfers are not possible at this time, the Free Character Migration will allow you to retain your guild membership and reputation, provided that the guild master completes a Guild Master Realm Transfer first and the faction remains the same as that of the source realm.
Please note that the FCM service can be closed at any point in time.

With the Cross Realm Zones now being FORCED upon us is character migration wortwhile now ?
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]