Mailboxes in pandaren starting zone

Level 1 pandaren character can't be deleted.
He/She recives ingame mail with, for example, Core Hound Pup that can't be withdrawed, because there are no mailboxes in pandaren starting area. I forsee tonns of QQ so my suggestion is block incoming mail for any pandaren character until he/she gets level 10. PROFIT!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
you aint getting the pets in the mail anymore, they're account-wide.
you can delete them at level 1.

But yes, there should be a mail box for Heirlooms and gold :)
Reply Quote
Ok I see the point with pets, but Blizz have allready said, that they have some issues putting maxboxes on wandering islad, so there won't be any. But what about Heirlooms sent to character you decide to delete after pair of levels?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You can't send Heirlooms to Pandaren until they choose a side.
Reply Quote
Damn I'm slow =) Ok last argument before I quit, how about any common items I send, like trade goods? Is it impossible to send them to pandaren on wandering island? Can goblins auctioneers in Booty Bay, Ratchet and Gadgetzan sleep well at night?
Edited by Гарошек on 20/09/2012 07:19 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I suppose i should have gone more than Heirlooms.
Literally, the Pandaren are unmailable until they pick aside. In lore, the wandering isle is their home, unknown to the world. The only contact they have is with the people on it. In game mechanics, you can't mail them anything because they don't have a faction, and if they could pandaren can be loopholed to get some of your goods from one faction to the next.

For example, say i have about 10k gold and a bunch of valuable mats on a Horde toon on Terenas. If both sides could mail to Pandaren, i could mail it to my Pandaren and then i can make him alliance and take that 10k gold and mats, and AH them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
honestly i think its good pandaren cant use mailboxes before level 10 it would be so abused sending items from one faction to another. Items that normally would be hard to send between factions and as previous posters have said pandaren before level 10 has a neutral faction.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
But Account bound heirlooms is not based n factions though. So if there is a mailbox you should be able to sent it to your pandaren. Other stuff than account bound cant be sent until you are a part of a faction. But ofc if Blizzard removes the mailboxes (again it they was in the beta version) then we cant sent heirlooms. But again why should blizzard stop the possibility to use heirlooms from level 1?

The RAF guys can use fast levelling from 1 to 10. And again I'am from a bloody country where we havent made revolution and overthrown our goverment to open up for RAF. ;-)
Reply Quote
20/09/2012 08:47Posted by Pwnhammer
But Account bound heirlooms is not based n factions though. So if there is a mailbox you should be able to sent it to your pandaren. Other stuff than account bound cant be sent until you are a part of a faction.

Mailboxes are NPCs and they belong to either to the Alliance or the Horde. That's why you can't interact with mailbox in hostile faction settlements.
Anyway thanks for the answers, there are no more questions from my side.
Reply Quote
The logic is in the storyline. Neither Horde nor Alliance have come into contact with the Pandaren on the Wandering Isle at the time that your Pandaren starts, so it can't be part of the the postal network. It's only after the collision of the Alliance ship with the turtle and the completion of the quest chain involving the Alliance and Horde that formal contact is made, when adventurers from the Isle choose a faction and travel to the chosen capital.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
20/09/2012 09:07Posted by Panamat
The logic is in the storyline. Neither Horde nor Alliance have come into contact with the Pandaren on the Wandering Isle at the time that your Pandaren starts, so it can't be part of the the postal network. It's only after the collision of the Alliance ship with the turtle and the completion of the quest chain involving the Alliance and Horde that formal contact is made, when adventurers from the Isle choose a faction and travel to the chosen capital.

Very GOOD point!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It doesn't take that long to get ot the part where you choose a faction. You can survive that long without your heirlooms, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
20/09/2012 09:59Posted by Brujeria
It doesn't take that long to get ot the part where you choose a faction. You can survive that long without your heirlooms, in my opinion.

two or three hours depending on how many there is on the starting zone. I agree on this also.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Maybe with Pandaria they are going to introduce a way of getting heirlooms without using the mail?

Something which is top secret now.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Maybe with Pandaria they are going to introduce a way of getting heirlooms without using the mail?

Something which is top secret now.

They already declared Pandaren's can't get heirlooms until they pick a side.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
There are system and story restrictions to this.

Storywise-we've just discovered it, why should it have mailboxes right away?
Systemwise-It would allow people to mail horde-alliance or alliance-horde since the panda wouldn't have chosen a side, completely voiding the cross faction auction house.
Reply Quote
you aint getting the pets in the mail anymore, they're account-wide.
you can delete them at level 1.

But yes, there should be a mail box for Heirlooms and gold :)

I do still get certain pets in the mail, even though they are account wide. I'm not entirely sure which ones, but I believe Lurky is one of them. And yes, it is very annoying that you can't delete a new Pandaren because of it (just like it is annoying you have to do DK quests until you can reach the mailbox).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
The 8th anniversary mail from the wow dev team is making it so that I can't rid of any pandas that I made to try out as they all have it in the mail box.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Draenei Shaman
23/11/2012 10:02Posted by Karowki
The 8th anniversary mail from the wow dev team is making it so that I can't rid of any pandas that I made to try out as they all have it in the mail box.

Open a ticket and a GM will delete the mail for you so you can delete the char.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, one thing they could do is to do like with vanity/battle pets. Both pets and heirlooms are account bound. So they can make a tab much like ur pets/mounts tab where u can just select from the heirlooms you have. At this time you cant send heirlooms between realms, but with pets you can(much coz of the fact that you dont actually send the pets via mail ofc). One of the problems with heirlooms at this point i guess is that someone on another realm/server can have the same name on a char as you do. But if they can fix this with vanity/battle pets i guess it should be possible to do the same with heirlooms. And yes, i understand that vanity pets and heirlooms aint the same thing and might give a lot more issues to solve for it to work. But seeing that blizzard have some extremly talented and hard working peeps around i belive it can be done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]