Mailboxes on the Wandering Isle

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
So, according to the answers given in the developer chat, the 19th of September, there won't be any mailboxes at the Wandering Isle (the zone for Pandaren leveling from level 1 to 10).

But if you allready have a character that got rewarded an account-bound pet or something like that, you can't delete your new character after you've logged in. Because you can't delete characters that have un-opened mail. This basically means, that if you create a character, log in, and then changed your mind about something about the character creation, be it the class or looks or whatever. You are bound to level from level 1 to 10 before you can delete that character.

How will Blizzard fix this? Could we get a blue on this?
90 Gnome Rogue
Maybe the mail won't be triggered until you reached a 'decision' point?
90 Human Paladin
Arent pets in the pet journal now? i didnt get any mail with pets when i created this character
90 Human Warlock
I created a priest a few days ago and didn't get any mail, the mounts and pets just appear in your journal.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Housecllamer on 20/09/2012 01:25 BST
1 Human Priest
Made the mistake of creating a Pandaren, just to take a look at the starting location. Now I cannot delete the character because of Blizzard's 8th Anniversary mail.
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
The 8th Anniversary thing is the only thing that comes in the mail, and that's been quite controversial recently. Then again if this isn't your first Panderan it should be pretty obvious. Blizzard aren't stupid enough to give a neutral character the chance to send gold & BoE items from faction to facton.

I think if the item was found in your inventory as some kind of parcelled gift, and then if you didn't have space, it'd go to the mailbox, it would work much better. Every new character has enough space for this item, and if you're levelling/just trying to get out of the zone, I don't see why you wouldn't want such a boon.

Either way it's a good idea to discourage those who want to use bots as a Panderan player, or try to find things in the Panderan starter zone but not be able to send them anywhere. While mailboxes do apply to the Goblin & Worgen starter zones, I think only heirlooms can be sent to their zones, as they're not part of any faction. If you try joining a BG at level 10 in those zones, you'll be notified that you have to "swear allegiance to your faction" first (see Thrall/Some Night Elf Banditos).
90 Night Elf Rogue
Frankly, I would have thought that Blizzard could simply set unaligned Pandaren as belonging to a third faction, until they choose Horde or Alliance. Then, the existing game mechanics would not allow you to send regular mail to them, only heirlooms. I'd rate this as perfectly reasonable, as while it's annoying to not have the large bags we've all grown used to, I can cope for the few levels involved.
1 Human Priest
19/11/2012 06:15Posted by Iwillsign
Made the mistake of creating a Pandaren, just to take a look at the starting location. Now I cannot delete the character because of Blizzard's 8th Anniversary mail.

I've had to painfully grind to level 10 just to try and delete my character, but now I've found that one of the quests (Stocking Stalks) is bugged so now I can't even leave the island!

Argh!!!! Kill me! Kill me now!!
90 Human Warlock
I've had to painfully grind to level 10 just to try and delete my character, but now I've found that one of the quests (Stocking Stalks) is bugged so now I can't even leave the island!

Argh!!!! Kill me! Kill me now!!

why not just open a ticket and get Blizzard to either delete the mail or delete the character, some people just don't think.
89 Blood Elf Paladin
Painful grind? What painful grind?
85 Human Paladin
The 8th Anniversary thing is the only thing that comes in the mail, and that's been quite controversial recently. Then again if this isn't your first Panderan it should be pretty obvious. Blizzard aren't stupid enough to give a neutral character the chance to send gold & BoE items from faction to facton.
There's no real reason they couldn't just limit the mail to reading mail (since no-one can send mail to a panda until they have chosen a faction it will mean that is fine).

In reality, there's no reason they couldn't allow heirlooms to be sent/received too. I don't really see the issue. But, meh it's such a minor issue.
88 Human Death Knight
Blizzard should just implement a mailbox on the Wandering Isles.

Hey, if the goblins can have a mailbox (on an island not connected to the rest of Azeroth), then why not the Pandaren?
90 Dwarf Priest
It's not about the mechanics of having a mailbox on an island, the issue is that you could mail items cross faction without any penalties by using the neutral race.

Effectively, you could buy something in Stormwind, say the Stylish Black Shirt, send it to your neutral Pandaren, who could then mail it to a character in Ogrimmar who would put it on the Horde auction house and all it would cost is 2 postal charges to do so.

The booty bay auction house already charges a lot of money to do this service and allow cross faction trade. It isn't feasible to allow this to happen by paying two mail charges
90 Human Paladin
And we have to wait 3 days for an reply.
- World of Warcraft
84 Dwarf Shaman
20/11/2012 11:00Posted by Misamota
Hey, if the goblins can have a mailbox (on an island not connected to the rest of Azeroth), then why not the Pandaren?

But it is. It's just in between Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, closer to the latter however. You can see it when you click on the Maelstrom in the centre of the map. The Goblins were originally with the Horde anyway back in Warcraft, as they helped in the founding of Orgrimmar and the True Horde. The Panderan however don't even know of the Alliance and Horde until they crash into the Shen Singh Zhu, so how can you send mail to a character that - as far as either faction knows - doesn't exist?

Might as well try sending a text to the seven dwarves, because as far as either side cares, the Panderan are less than fairytales.
90 Undead Warlock
*facepalm*

Think for a minute guys. Mailboxes on a giant turtle. How would the mail get delivered in terms of the game?

That aside you can't send/receive mail when you don't have a faction. It's pretty much the same people whining about not being able to access their looms during the starter. Why would you want to anyway? You HAVE to complete all of the quests to proceed and where would the fun be in being over levelled? :/
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I created a panda monk and i wanted to delete that character, but a mail arrivet to HIM from the WoW team. I dont wanna play with that char to level 10 and THEN delete it.
i dont know what to do :P
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
I created a panda monk and i wanted to delete that character, but a mail arrivet to HIM from the WoW team. I dont wanna play with that char to level 10 and THEN delete it.
i dont know what to do :P

Send a ticket to the GM asking for it to be deleted. If that doesn't work, you'll have to level out of the zone.
Faster to level out of the zone. Give the GMs a day off!
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]