Blackmarket AH?

90 Orc Warrior
So i'm wondering, will i be able to sell my Onyxia mount on the blackmarket ah?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I don't think players can sell things on the AH, I think it's just NPC's selling things for gold you would otherwise have to farm/raid for. So Blizzard decide what is sold I think.

Not 100% though.
Reply Quote
16/09/2012 18:09Posted by Runenordic
So i'm wondering, will i be able to sell my Onyxia mount on the blackmarket ah?

No, players can't sell on the BMAH.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What, that's coming with the new expansion, too? So first someone got a green proto-drake from diligently doing Oracles dailies, then got disappointed when he heard that now you can get it randomly from LFD rewards, and now it's on sale?

Black Market AH might give a huge boost to the parasitic behavior of 'playing the AH' in order to buy all the stuff on the Black Market AH so you don't have to actually play the game and enjoy the rewards of being skillful.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Here is a link to wowhead.com info regarding BMAH, what it will contain etc etc.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=204376/mists-of-pandaria-black-market-auction-house
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
"Bids start in the 10,000-20,000 range and there is no buyout option. The sky is the limit when competing against other collectors for items."

I don't think this is going to be very game breaking.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
What, that's coming with the new expansion, too? So first someone got a green proto-drake from diligently doing Oracles dailies, then got disappointed when he heard that now you can get it randomly from LFD rewards, and now it's on sale?

Black Market AH might give a huge boost to the parasitic behavior of 'playing the AH' in order to buy all the stuff on the Black Market AH so you don't have to actually play the game and enjoy the rewards of being skillful.

It has been stated many times that BMAH won't be a viable way of gearing up, as the chances of high teir raiding gear are low, and then your competing for it with other players.

Its more for novelty items like rare mounts or pets
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Yet you cry about something whilst not even knowing how it works.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Collectors will want every vanity item they can get. Do you think the people who play the AH to get huge amount of gold do it for buying gear only?

You know, having 'too much' gold is not so much of a problem. Ironically it becomes game changing as soon as you can do something with it. Ironically, the introduction of more and greater gold sinks creates new incentive to actually have ludicrous amounts of gold.

The original state - a gold cap - sounds most reasonable to me. It is a point that's telling you that you have enough gold and don't need more, and you can focus on other things.
Edited by Chromeson on 17/09/2012 00:11 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

I'd say "playing the AH" at level required to afford stuff at BMAH counts as "being skillful".
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I'd say "playing the AH" at level required to afford stuff at BMAH counts as "being skillful".

But not skillful in playing the game, but in market manipulation. Ask Blizzard whether that's intended to be part of the game. Because if it is, then you can ruin the whole market. Just a matter of time, not really skillful. (Would you call yourself a skilled WoW player if you can play the AH well and suck at raiding?) And there are more and more AH players popping up, making it even worse. Furthermore, because many people rely on their addon's automatic average pricing, they will sell stuff for the same crazy prices than he AH players.
I think this behavior borderline qualifies as griefing.

I've talked to a reseller a while ago and comparing what he said to his continuing behavior, I think he's BSing himself and is actually kinda addicted.

@Bonedot
Thanks for the link.

P.S.: It's kinda ridiculous that the "Black Market" shows seller names. That's by definition not a black market.
Edited by Chromeson on 17/09/2012 00:21 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I thought there was a cap of 999,999 gold
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
17/09/2012 00:19Posted by Chromeson
Would you call yourself a skilled WoW player if you can play the AH well and suck at raiding?

Yes. As would would any skilled PvP player, that doesn't raid. This game has many parts. PvE is one. PvP is another, and AH is the part of PvP where you get the best rewards IMO.
Anyone can leech their way through LFG, LFR and BG. Arena and RBGs are comparable to normal mode raids. AH is the heroic raid of PvP.
Edited by Worff on 17/09/2012 00:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
According to your convenient line of thinking, getting through LFDs without having to do anything and ninjaing as many items from LFR as possible is part of the game, too, and you can pride yourself if you are very skillful in that. You know ... it's PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Few ordinary players are going to buy anything off it anyway. Not necessarily the top AH players either - they have so much gold that they can outbid you but their pack-rat behavior also makes them favored members of large succesful guilds. They're likely to have anything they wanted already through guild activities or simply buying arena/raid runs.

It's the mid-rank AH players that will be competing. And ofc, any ordinary player wishing to join will have to go straight for gold sellers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Blizzard is balancing the game around retards, that's a fact, however there's nothing ''skillful'' about getting lucky on getting your Green Proto Drake on the first few eggs. Infact almost everything you can get at the BMAH has absolutely nothing to do with skill, it's just more RNG luck bullcrap ^^
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well, I hope things like achievement mounts will not appear there. But hey, not unlikely that Blizzard thinks: With higher char levels those achievements are easier to accomplish (in theory maybe), so now we can put them in the BMAH.
It's just taking away from the game's magic if you see a player on a special mount and all you know is that he
1) practiced a lot of patience for it
or
2) showed high raiding skill
or
3) got lucky
or
4) leeched off the AH by manipulating the market and raising price levels for everybody.
So you see someone with that mount and you want that, too. Ibn the past, this was incentive for you to become a good player, to develop qualities like patience and discipline. Now the spectrum of incentives has been widened to include even the most antisocial ones.
WoW doesn't set standards. It caters to whatever standards it can find in abundance... so to speak.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
And the black market AH is in a MOP zone as well that's not the easiest to get to on low levels (maybe a warlock Summon) but even then its a pvp zone with very low guards

Its planed to be be a wpvp zone on pvp servers. if i remember right as well you will pull random level 83+ mobs that are in the zone as well where the Npc is. would not really plan to keep a level 1 there for checking it out all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
people saying this game is balanced for noobs now.. lol, RMAH is going to cost extortionate prices, you think a "noob" can just throw that cash around?
Reply Quote
16/09/2012 21:32Posted by Chromeson
you don't have to actually play the game and enjoy the rewards of being skillful.

Doing dailies, getting revered and opening an egg every 3 days requires skill now?
Solo farming old raids requires skill now?
Buying an FL or DS mount run requires skill now?
Win trading Arena ratings requires skill now?

Getting one million gold requires more skill then any of the above, yet those methods are apparently fine and playing the AH is not. Intriguing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]