CRZ rage, WoW is unplayable...

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I think that the CRZ uproar has made people realize something important about the design of modern post-Cata WoW: There is virtually no benefit from having other players around while leveling.

Pre-Cata, at least there were elites and group quests in the world that were made doable through the presence of others.

Now those are mostly gone, and the ridiculous (almost enjoyment-crushing) ease of leveling (it is something of a challenge to die) makes the presence of others merely a nuisance at best, unless one is on a PvP realm (which in turn opens another bag of worms related to unaccountable griefing, etc.).

In short: If Blizzard wants people to have a positive response to the re-population of their servers, they need to change game design so that having more people around is perceived as a net positive, not a drag or nuisance.

This, so very much. I don't see the point of leveling with others, unless of course I simply like having them around or to chat. But as the content is now? There wasn't a single (!) quest that I had to do that wasn't far more (!) enjoyable (due to it being more challenging) when doing it alone.

As for the rare mobs: 15 hunters camping for Loque or Gondria? Well....yeah no. Lost interest. 1 single damn node during 3 tours (aka, flying the most successfull spawning routes of the past) through Uldum? Hell no, it isn't a surprise the prices are now completely broken. -.-
Edited by Iellessa on 24/09/2012 15:07 BST
world pvp ftw
91 Night Elf Warrior
Pre-Cata, at least there were elites and group quests in the world that were made doable through the presence of others.

Now those are mostly gone, and the ridiculous (almost enjoyment-crushing) ease of leveling (it is something of a challenge to die) makes the presence of others merely a nuisance at best, unless one is on a PvP realm (which in turn opens another bag of worms related to unaccountable griefing, etc.).

In short: If Blizzard wants people to have a positive response to the re-population of their servers, they need to change game design so that having more people around is perceived as a net positive, not a drag or nuisance.

Very true. I really miss those 'elite hot spots' like the trolls in Hinterlands or Tyr's Hand (Scarlet Enclave) in Plaguelands. You had to find company to finish it or move on and come back later. What was wrong with that? It promoted teamwork and social interaction.

I kind of miss the chance of having a group quest adventure be suddenly transformed into a spontaneous 5vs5 deathmatch with some horde group on their version of the quest.

Good luck finding that kind of action in an instanced scenario...
Community
Posted by Vaneras
we are continuously evaluating and polishing this feature

Good luck, it can only get better ;).

what's the saying? you can't polish a turd

We do not think CRZ is comparable to a turd, but we can agree that there is room for more polishing, hence why your feedback is important :-)

Although this is an entirely different topic altogether, it actually turns out that you can polish a turd:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/polishing-a-turd-minimyth.htm
90 Blood Elf Paladin
24/09/2012 15:01Posted by Tammas
looking at the responces on the forums

Forum response isn't a good indication of what the entire community do or do not like, generally people will come here to complain, very few people will come here to praise.

If more of the community posted then it maybe be a better assumption, but a very small minority of players actually post here, and most of those posters are here to complain than actually give constructive feedback or give any form of feedback at all.
90 Night Elf Priest
So basically we can agree that:

CRZ is a good way of making the world feel alive again and not feeling alone. You can see loads of new people, party up and have fun. It facilitates dungeon and raid runs. It promotes World PvP.

But it's ruining weaker economies because bots are dominating every single herb and mining node. PvP enthusiasts are taking things too far as they are absolutely preventing any leveling and/or questing. In PvP servers it's because lvl 85s are ganking lowbies 24/7, even making groups to camp them. In PvE servers it's because they are doing the same to mobs and quest givers and even going as far as to trick players seldom-used (or unwilling) to PvP into getting themselves flagged for PvP so they can proceed to gank as per the previous sentence.

Faced with this scenario, I cannot help but wonder why Blizzard invested in revamping lvl 1-60 quests and zones. If things continue as they are, people will resort to leveling their chars exclusively inside dungeons and skip world-questing and exploring completely. Gold sales will go through the roof as people will feel obliged to buy gold so they can afford the prices being offered at AHs across the realms. Farming, questing and exploring will become ghosts of WoW years past and Blizzard's quest revamp will have been for nothing.

I'm purposefully not mentioning rare-camping because, in my opinion, this is really a non-issue. I'm not so sure that every Tom, Dick and Harry (and his dog) should have X or Y or Z rare pet/mob. Rares should be exactly that. Rare. And difficult to get hold of. I think that with regards to this specific topic, we as players have become a little too spoilt with the ease with which rares are/were obtained. I don't see how this is game-breaking, whereas the other points above may well be.

The biggest issue here right now is the fact that until now we were given the choice to decide how we wanted to play our game. Be it in a high population/high competition Realm, be it PvE, be it low population RP Realm - whatever. The choice was there and it was up to us to decide where we wanted to spend our money. But suddenly, without warning, we have seen that choice taken away from us. People paid Blizzard money for nothing (if it were me, I'd be demanding my money back).

Surely this is counter-productive for Blizzard? Surely they will realise that their income will drop not only from subscriber loss due to people who feel that these changes are game-breaking enough to make them want to quit, but also from those smart enough to realise that choosing a server type is futile, as anywhere you go you will be subject to enforced PvP in one form or another and bot-farming.

Is this really what the future holds in store for the World of Warcraft? I genuinely hope not.

This is the essence of what I see people complaining about. It will be interesting to see whether Blizzard goes ahead with CRZ in MoP or not. I've seen a lot of people say no because it was not enabled in Beta but I'm not sure that Blizzard would have invested as much as they have into a system that was meant to last but a few weeks....
100 Human Paladin

Agreed. Too bad the PvPer's keep repeating the "ROLL PVE REALM" mantra and don't bother to read why PvE realms have a problem with it :(

Many of the PvPers understand, that nothing and i mean nothing is as skillless as ganking someone. Some enjoy it and some search for meaningful PvP when both of the players have a chance because otherwise its just a matter of camping the crap out of them and nothing else happens. Its boring when you want a "real" PvP.

And sorry, nobody finds ganking someone fun when they have the means to kill players by themselfes with even odds. I hope this post makes any sence but i wanted to show, that not every PvPer just enjoys camping the crap out of somebody just to grief his/her leveling.

When i want to do PvP i'll queue up to do Arenas or BGs (and yes, rnd BGs arent the pinnacle of skill in PvP but still the people know what will happen when they queue up for that. :P).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Although this is an entirely different topic altogether, it actually turns out that you can polish a turd:
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/polishing-a-turd-minimyth.htm

Well that was certainly.... interesting.
Posted by Vaneras
we are continuously evaluating and polishing this feature

Good luck, it can only get better ;).

We do not think CRZ is comparable to a turd, but we can agree that there is room for more polishing, hence why your feedback is important :-)

touché :)
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Seriously this is the comment were geting from blue ? seriously ?
90 Blood Elf Priest
24/09/2012 14:36Posted by Lemmie

Actually you can. Its tested by Mythbusters.

Edit: aww, I was too slow. Didn't read the last posts.
Edited by Cristelle on 24/09/2012 15:13 BST
87 Human Mage

Seriously this is the comment were geting from blue ? seriously ?

Best comment ive seen so far.
87 Goblin Death Knight
CRZ - Arguably the most groundbreaking change made to WoW since its inception.

It's been up and running for a matter of days, it's going to be buggy, it's just a baby. Give it a chance, give Blizz a chance to improve the system and make changes (if necessary).

I agree that ganking low level players can be annoying because "you just want to level", but the truth is that that is just part of the game - That's whay you have a guild - a support network of (hopefully) friends who can come to your aid and defend you. CRZ will resurect/re-inforce the key elements of an MMO.

An MMO is centered around player INTERACTION and that means a lot more than just spamming "LFM DS 10man". It's about going OUTSIDE of the capital city and living/breathing/exploring the environment which YOU paid to create. Stop mounting and AFK'ing outside of Stormwind/Orgrimmar. Fly all over, look for other players and interact - help them quest (whether your faction or not), Slay them all, gank them, organize Cross server events with other guilds etc.

Stop trying to condense this beautiful, rich and immense online world and go and live it instead.

Well some people like you just don't get it... Honestly... Well first of all not all leveling players have a guild. Secondly not all players have guild willing to help out. After all just because one guild member has troubles leveling due to ganking, does not mean that 1-6 others will help out. They have thhings to do or do not like PvP.
Leveling with bodyguards is what you suggest... Correct??? This is plain stupid (not you the suggestion and comment).
Games are fun. You should have the opportunity to level by yourself if you want. Now as all people you will suggest that i should transfer to a PVE realm. Well if you give me 200euros that blizzard will take then yes I AM OFF...
Or no i do not even pay 20euros. You know the reason? Because a change was implemented AFTER i got there and made guild and friends etc. Why should i be held liable for changes that occured AFTER certain events...
I have a friend that he only enjoys leveling. Should he quit the game, or is he a noob?? He deserves to play like that or doesnt he in the server that he chose.

If you have seen a previous post i am a PvP'er also with a mage. I f@ckin enjoy slaughtering ally scums BUT not lowbies. Guess what though... After the changes, since allies wouldnt let me level this charachter i will not let level theirs also. I log my mage and go all out with one moto " IF IT IS RED ITS DEAD" from level 1 to level 85.. I do not care. I just want to ruin their experience as mych as they do. I kill their flight paths and quest givers and camp their corpses. I fly by them until they land. If they do not land i wait there BUT they will not play. If they go to theis sanctuary i would land and kill them and prefer to be killed by guards. But i will kill them...
Does this sound normal to you???
Well the answer is NO. I am a retarded ganker that previously used to even help low level alliance.
This is called a lose-lose situation. None of two is getting any satisfaction nor credits... This business strategy is the most avoidable EVER. And guess what. Blizzard implemented it in the worst manner.
That is what Blizzard wanted to do with the servers??? That is what they will get. I will not level a single one charachter BUT as long as i can i will not let alliance players do the same.
P.S. The economies are destroyed but this is a secondary issue for now
Edited by Gkizmo on 24/09/2012 15:16 BST
90 Undead Mage
I love CRZ its awesome !!!
85 Gnome Mage
24/09/2012 15:05Posted by Vixen
looking at the responces on the forums

Forum response isn't a good indication of what the entire community do or do not like, generally people will come here to complain, very few people will come here to praise.

If more of the community posted then it maybe be a better assumption, but a very small minority of players actually post here, and most of those posters are here to complain than actually give constructive feedback or give any form of feedback at all.

Under normal cercumstances I would agree, but with the build up to MOP the forums appear alot busier than normal.
Also alot of people are giving constructive critisism, even the poster we where mentioning, had some usfull insights.
Personally I feel the best way to encourage more people to post in the forums etc is to politly debate different points of views, unfortuanatly posts like "don't speak for all of us" are not a particullary good way to foster this form of feed back which we both seem to agree is good for the game :-)
90 Tauren Druid

ROFLMAO!
87 Blood Elf Hunter
24/09/2012 14:31Posted by Vaneras
Cross Realm Zones is a new feature indeed, and although we are pretty happy with it so far,
But surely the sheer amount of complaints both EU and US suggest that a considerable amount of the playerbase are actually unhappy with the feature to the point of unsubscribing (as I have read in so many threads already)

Diden't Ghostcrawler admit in a interview with WoWCrendor that there are definate population issues on some realms and this is a way to combat that, thing is it opens up a whole world of issues which so many players are against and while I do so often see Blue posts stating that features at added by popular request from players I can't help but find myself unable to believe such statements these days, the simple fact is there have been hundreds of threads asking for realm mergers and I have not seen a single thread asking for cross realm zones, people don't want the world to be turned into a battleground, they just want their own server, why can't Blizzard just bite the bullet and merge servers? the only problem I can see from server merges is player names in which case offer a reward for people who sacrifice their old name.
92 Tauren Warrior
Well, having spent the last few days watching the forums, and responding where I felt appropriate, I've really just one more thing to add.

To those of you who snap to judgment, who can't wait for the dust to settle, who've no patience whatsoever, who expect instant perfection from an ever changing game...

Well I for one reckon the game is better off without all you. You're all ragers, griefers and trolls and I ran out of sympathy for most of you days ago.

As Smeagol said...Leave now and never come back! Make good om your threats please. I emplore you.

As the rest of us, we'll have a jolly good time :)
Edited by Macangus on 24/09/2012 15:24 BST
90 Tauren Druid
ITS AWESOME :>
90 Undead Warrior
[quote]Rygarius
Community Manager
Edited by Rygarius on 9/21/12 8:00 PM (PDT)
A number of concerns have popped up since cross-realm zones were introduced to live realms, and we want to take a moment to explain how they work. We also want to address some of the anomalies you may be experiencing, including some recent bugs that we’ve hotfixed, or are currently investigating.

I don't get it, all that you say you want to do.
Then my question is. Why dont you just put everyone who speak English on one realm, Spanish on one Realm, Germans on one realm and so on. Screw the Cross-realm function which obviously alot of people dislike and are still forced to play with, pay money to play with. There are alot of things that we might dislike and we pay to play it anyway.

It's not the first and only thing many dislike and are still forced to. But this Cross-realm is so huge that it gonna damage not just one little aspect of the game but ALOT of aspect, Farming, questing, believe it or not but there are alot of people who refuse to invite or accept an invite to a group to complete the same quest simply because they want to annoy the other player. While they get pissed off if you get to kill it before them and all that starts alot of insult, reports and what not. When it comes to farming, there are alot of bots out there that destroys the ability for human-controlled players to farm their stuff. Same goes for those who are camping rare spawn's like Time Lost Proto Drake, the Deepholms drake and many other unique rare NPC's that drops mounts or unique items.

With this "low-populated and low lvl zones" so far from what i've seen means every single zone except capital cities. there is no zone I've been in that hasn't been a Cross-realm Zone.

I've been excited every expansion that has come yet, MoP hasn't excited me one bit, except when I saw the new mounts. That pretty much the only thing that excites me so far. And trust me I'm far from the only one that have lost their excitement for an Expansion you have released. Most things that you added in the Patch I wasn't excited about at all but I made it work and my excitement got up a little bit and now with the Cross-Realm Zone function, it kind of kills it again.

So if you gonna go with this feature, why not make it so that only the /1 (General chat) is Cross-realmed so you have to invite eachother, speak to eachother and when you make groups with eachother then the players go into one of each's realms and what not, or perhaps that you give us an option to put it on and off. Let us choose if we want our characters to be in a Cross-realmed phase or if we don't.

I think you might not want to do that because you know as good as anyone else that alot people wouldn't care for the Cross-realm function, so you have to force it upon us. Which is wrong.

Haven't you seen all the threads that are against this feature? Don't you see that there are alot more people the dislikes it than there are people who do like it? Is it a commercial thing for something that earns you more money? Are you trying to make people pay money for a game they don't like to play so much so they play less so your servers don't use so much energy so you have less expenses? What is it?
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]