RBG setup for MoP

90 Undead Priest
So here it is. What's Your FOTM setup for RBGs?

My opinion is spell/dot cleave will reign, but what classes exactly?

I was Disci in RBGs and almost 2k (I know that not so much) for whole Cata so I start from healer choices. My choices are:

Holy Paladin - best healer for Cata, solid Tank healing, strong AoE healing, seems that nothing will change here
Resto Druid - big come back in MoP. Best AoE healer in game; buffed survivability in MoP. Absolutely my choice
Rest Shaman - Cata was a roller coaster for rshamans, but they always we're able to be at top RBG healing done. They were losing spot because HPalas were doing even better but with HC DoT Cleaves their abilities and passive healing proved to be better. They were losing spots to Disci because of only one spell - Mass Dispell that is on 15s cd in MoP - seems to long for Disci to be considered here so my last opt for healer is shaman.

Damage Dealers in MoP - we already know that some classes like Mages are beyond everything. Fire is absurd while Frost is not better. Everyone complains about Shadow Priests and additionally they have Mass Dispel which is supreme. Affi Locks and Boomkins have some synergy with Fire Mages and Shadow Priest and Destro Locks can burst people in two globals now. Frost DKs were best choice for target callers but were unneed while dotcleaves were superior but on the other hand the're AoE DPS class so they fits well in DoT cleave idea. Lastly Arms Warriors, Assa Rogues and BM Hunters are by far strong. IMO I can;t judge what setup will be best but choices should be take from this who I mention.

At the end there are two questions. How are Druid Tanks compared to Prot Wariors and the biggest one - how will Monks be.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Well, maybe I can't deny - dot cleave wont be supreme and burst setup with shadow, ele, arms, assassination, beast master and frost DK will be just best.
Edited by Milele on 21/09/2012 22:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
FC:

Guardian druid

Healers:

Resto druid
Holy pala
Disc priest

DPS:

Frost mage
Fire mage
Shadow priest
Elemental shaman
Combat rogue
Frost DK

Can't go wrong with that
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
Aha, exactly like I predicted..

Ret, Enhancement, Warrior and Feral are useless again, as is Melee Monk.

Well, here is some news for you.
Melee classes ALSO want to play RBGs. Why casters and dot classes should get EZ mode gear without competition?

Perhaps Blizz will change SOMETHING before it's not too late?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well as of looking in beta warriors and ferals are not useless...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
the level 10 has posted else where and is now on a mission to not test the game, just complain about it until hes proved wrong.
Edited by Millskin on 22/09/2012 10:22 BST
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
"The level 10" remembers last season too well - the season that you, casters, completely ruined for me with your petty Dragon Soul PvE abuse and !@#$%^- dots.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
22/09/2012 10:25Posted by Ironcurtain
"The level 10" remembers last season too well - the season that you, casters, completely ruined for me with your petty Dragon Soul PvE abuse and !@#$%^- dots.

That's odd. I remember ferals in jungle cleave/rogue-feral-healer, DKs in PHD/Vanguards/Triple dps, rogues in rogue-x-x, warriors in WLS and KFC, rets in triple dps and Vanguards, enh in rshaman/enh/warlock.

All those at 2.2k-2.3k+ MMR mind you.
Edited by Meldx on 22/09/2012 10:39 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
considering pvp power has been added so the fact of pve stuff shouldnt be a problem. so mr level 10 you should wait in the new commer forum until you can be big enough to post on a main. melee were raping arena till the end, i still personally think warrior mass spell reflection is going to be a must have.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
That's odd. I remember ferals in jungle cleave/rogue-feral-healer, DKs in PHD/Vanguards/Triple dps, rogues in rogue-x-x, warriors in WLS and KFC, rets in triple dps and Vanguards, enh in rshaman/enh/warlock.

I was speaking about RBGs. The topic is, in fact, about RBGs. Why are you speaking about Arena instead?

We all know that Warriors were taken ONLY as Prot FC to RBGs in 4.3
Edited by Ironcurtain on 22/09/2012 10:54 BST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
your talking about RBGs yes RBGs in a ended season!!!!!! this is supposed to be a thread about rbg setup not a chance for you to log a lvl 10 and whine!
Edited by Millskin on 22/09/2012 11:05 BST
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
Millskin, let's bet for 1k gold or whatever that RBGs will be again dominated by dot cleaves and wizard cleaves.

As things are now on Beta, I clearly see it coming.

P.S. Stop with that Stormscale nerdrage already; everyone knows about bad attitude and foul behavior of denizens of this realm.
Edited by Ironcurtain on 22/09/2012 11:29 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This topic is about MoP RBGs not Cata.

Healers:Resto druidHoly palaDisc priest

I can't imagine reason for taking Disc Priests for RBGs. No No!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This topic is about MoP RBGs not Cata.

Healers:Resto druidHoly palaDisc priest

I can't imagine reason for taking Disc Priests for RBGs. No No!

Assuming that you're not sarcastic ;o mostly for MD.

It dispels all the de-buffs in the target area afaik.
Edited by Mcfiend on 22/09/2012 11:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
22/09/2012 11:30Posted by Mcfiend
mostly for MD.

It'll be damn well needed too :<
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
iorn curtain you came here posting on a lvl 10 and now you make a char on my realm to hassle me lololol

Btw i had a bad attitude on jeadenar to just for a bit of info
Edited by Millskin on 22/09/2012 11:53 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
22/09/2012 11:27Posted by Ironcurtain
Stop with that Stormscale nerdrage already; everyone knows about bad attitude and foul behavior of denizens of this realm.

http://files.sharenator.com/hurr_durr_derp_face_im_a_hurr_affe-s500x375-155938.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
prrr
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Melee classes ALSO want to play RBGs. Why casters and dot classes should get EZ mode gear without competition?

There is no way to balance RBGs without dramatic changes to the game.

RBGs were introduced in the first place because the devs expected pvp on a larger scale than arena to be easier to balance because more classes would have a chance of participating and competition would become more diverse.

Obviously it didn't turn out like that. Class stacking is too effective and melee have a fundamental disadvantage without any real compensation.

Thankfully RBGs will stop awarding T2 next season, even though they'll still give faster access to gear. Although to be completely fair, RBGs and 5s should get the same treatment as 2s.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Aha, exactly like I predicted..

Just something to think for you;
Take a field of war.
Would you take 6 guys with snipers and assault rifles
or
Would you take 6 swordsmen against said snipers and assault rifles?

When you come up with the answer, this is why you don't want any kind of melee in RBG grp. Only reason DK is worth taking to a RBG grp is because of Death Grip and Mass Grip.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]