So how do you get back to Pandaria without the portal?

90 Tauren Druid
I went to Pandaria, did a few quests, hearthstoned back to Orgrimmar, now I can't use the portal in the Pandaren area because I didn't finish the quest line.

Am I stuck? Surely not. That would be a bit of a blunder on Blizzard's part.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I didn't finish the quest line at the start, and I can use the portal.

I don't know the pre-quest for Horde, but as Alliance we had to talk to an NPC above a Battleship in SW, did you so as well?
And if so, is that NPC still there?

Can't come up with any other solutions other than having a wlock summon you to Pandaland.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Do you mean an NPC in a battleship above SW?
If so, it's gone now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh. Don't know then.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Guess I'm stuck. I've asked around the server and checked around the web. Nobody seems to know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can't you just have a warlock summon you until they fix it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I could but I don't have a guild or any friends that play WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
27/09/2012 13:09Posted by Ripgobearwin
I could but I don't have a guild or any friends that play WoW.

Doesn't mean there aren't any friendly people around :P

Just ask around in Trade channel. Sure you're likely to attract a few trolls and asshats, but you only need one warlock kind enough to help :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/who <insert-panda-zone-here> warlock

/w <insert-name-of-random-warlock> Ohoy matey, I was wondering if you could please be so kind and help a fellow pirate out. You see, I'm stuck here in Orgrimmar because I didn't think that Blizzard would fail to implement a way to get back to Pandaria if you didn't do the quest line, and now I'm stuck in here. Maybe you could get me summoned to Pandaland, for a small fee perhaps? Thanks in advance, yours sincerely, Pirate Ripgo Bearwin.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Rogue
Usually when I see someone whisper me such a lenghty text, I imidiately assume it's some gold seller and ignore him without reading.

I advise to use short messages :p
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just open a ticket. Either it's bugged and they have to fix it, or the way back is so poorly indicated that you can't find it, which imo counts as a design bug, so they need to fix it either way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Usually when I see someone whisper me such a lenghty text, I imidiately assume it's some gold seller and ignore him without reading.

I advise to use short messages :p

Every time a gold seller is whispering me, he starts off by saying "Retarjoe?" or "Hi!", and my addon shows that he's a level 1, so I always reply "No!"

When I get a text from a high level, I never assume they're gold sellers, and they never are, regardless of the length of the text.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
The very first village in pandaria has a portal which leads directly to the back of orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I went to Pandaria, did a few quests, hearthstoned back to Orgrimmar, now I can't use the portal in the Pandaren area because I didn't finish the quest line.

Am I stuck? Surely not. That would be a bit of a blunder on Blizzard's part.

Can you let me know which 'few' quests you did to get to 88, cus I have a couple of 85s that would like to know. They can't possibly be the starter quests. The way to get any quest back that you did not complete is to abandon it. Then you will get the pop up asking for your assistance and no doubt complete the very first chain that takes you on a tour of the zone. If you didn't do that, but instead jumped boat to level as intended then yes you may have missed your portal. Just abandon all you got and maybe go to the hero board or something. I learned from Cata that you have to play the game as suggested before they will often give you the next path.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
27/09/2012 13:34Posted by Tjillin
The very first village in pandaria has a portal which leads directly to the back of orgrimmar.
Yeah, but as we've said, that portal is unusable if you've not finished certain quests.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I seem to be able to click the portal now. I went over and tried it again. It didn't go first time, but after a few clicks it went.
Thing is, last time it didn't even have the cog wheel cursor. It was just as if the portal wasn't there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]