Why do people like to play a Panda Male?

(Locked)

85 Undead Warrior
I think they look horrible just plain horrible...

I would rather play a Draenei Male then a Panda Male. Not that I want to offend anyone but I can't be the only one. Eventhough I see more Panda males then females..

What I do like is how much better they are designed! Now I really want a update for the older races.
16 Pandaren Monk
Panda male looks much better than panda female. Panda females are kinda bulky and remind of dwarf females. Panda males are so cool, when you try one you will see why all people play male pandas.
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
Speaking from the mouth of someone who has a strong affinity to furries in fantasy environments, I think you are wrong. Just completely wrong.

I really love the design of the Pandaren male. I especially love their animations. But, its not enough to get me off my druid and off my worgen male here as main. ;-)

*If you don't like the design of a character's model, don't play it and don't whine about it either. This is the reason I have never played humans in this game. Do I whine about their design? No, because I know that there are a number of players who like the human models, and I respect that.

Model designs are always subjective.

*Edit: No, I didn't mean the OP is "whining" - I meant it as a general statement when showing distaste towards a model design in any discussion. =)
Edited by Danellos on 26/09/2012 11:46 BST
85 Undead Warrior
Speaking from the mouth of someone who has a strong affinity to furries in fantasy environments, I think you are wrong. Just completely wrong.

I really love the design of the Pandaren male. I especially love their animations. But, its not enough to get me off my druid and off my worgen male here as main. ;-)

If you don't like the design of a character's model, don't play it and don't whine about it either. This is the reason I have never played humans in this game. Do I whine about their design? No, because I know that there are a number of players who like the human models, and I respect that.

Imagine all the Horde or Alliance races in line next to eachother. The Pandaren male is the odd one out for sure. I'm also looking from a neutral stand point. If your into furry fantasy etc ofcourse you will like them.

26/09/2012 09:10Posted by Nikolaus
Panda male looks much better than panda female. Panda females are kinda bulky and remind of dwarf females. Panda males are so cool, when you try one you will see why all people play male pandas.

I tried one both female and male and I liked the female one but the male one just looks ridiculous. Later I did a dungeon and a pandaren male shaman joined and i just couldn't keep my eyes off him.
Edited by Tearsnomore on 26/09/2012 11:58 BST
Community
One thing you can see by visiting a major city in WoW is how big the player diversity is when it comes to how people like their characters to look.

This is something I've spoken to people about a lot, because I personally like to make human characters or Blood Elves on the Horde side. To me, they look the best. However, I know people who like their characters to look as fearsome and ugly as possible. Then you have the people who love 'cute' chars, like gnomes and goblins.

I know SO many people who are hyped about Pandaren, possibly because they could fit into the cute category as well as the fearsome... you saw this, right?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151138050859034&set=a.298842734033.144051.138011799033.
I prefer female over male 'cause female has way better animations than male.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I always felt this way about cows, orcs, undead... I don't like them.
I have an Army of Blood Elfs, I have not yet tried the panda's yet though.
92 Human Priest
I think they look horrible just plain horrible...

I would rather play a Draenei Male then a Panda Male. Not that I want to offend anyone but I can't be the only one. Eventhough I see more Panda males then females..

What I do like is how much better they are designed! Now I really want a update for the older races.
It's a question to which there may be as many answers as there are players who make the choice. Personally I prefer the Pandaren male to his Draenai counterpart because at least the Panda looks like he can do class combat moves without falling flat on his dignity. Space Goats totter as if they are wearing stilettos.
Edited by Panamavates on 26/09/2012 09:35 BST
90 Night Elf Druid
26/09/2012 09:12Posted by Danellos
Speaking from the mouth of someone who has a strong affinity to furries in fantasy environments,
26/09/2012 09:29Posted by Takralus
Then you have the people who love 'cute' chars, like gnomes and goblins.

Goblins are cute?? :p

OT, I ended up rolling a panda male anyway. I think they look pretty decent.

Personally I prefer the Pandaren male to his Draenai counterpart because at least the Panda looks like he can do class combat moves without falling flat on his dignity. Space Goats totter as if they are wearing stilettos.

and this ^
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
26/09/2012 09:37Posted by Cielina
Speaking from the mouth of someone who has a strong affinity to furries in fantasy environments,

By only quoting that, you are missing the point I am trying to make:

58 Goblin Death Knight
I don't play characters that have a human female body and an animal's head, it doesn't look right to me.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Speaking from the mouth of someone who has a strong affinity to furries in fantasy environments

I have quite a strong affinity to furries in real life. Usually my cats as opposed to werewolves, although I would give a ww the benefit of the doubt.

I'm about to roll a male furry (roll, geddit) as I like their fearsomeness.
Community
Personally I prefer the Pandaren male to his Draenai counterpart because at least the Panda looks like he can do class combat moves without falling flat on his dignity. Space Goats totter as if they are wearing stilettos.

I don't know, I think male Draenei make good tanks. They have huge upper bodies and those legs structures are really strong. I mean, think about how hard a horse can kick.

26/09/2012 09:39Posted by Pahthor
Goblins are cute?? :p

Apparently...? Someone? Anyone...? Help me out, I'm sure I saw people say they think goblins are adorable...!

Anyway, yes, male Pandaren look like they can handle themselves for sure.
1 Night Elf Mage
I do think Pandaren male model could do with some improvements
Edited by Gddgdfgdf on 29/09/2012 21:43 BST
1 Troll Druid
they are so freaking awesome! I went in a dungeon with 4 other panda monks, just EPIC! xD

I'm loving them!
100 Draenei Priest
I too am loving the pandas, male and female. I may be passionately anti the CRZ that MoP brought, but have to admit the Pandaren and the new zones I have seen so far are creative and stunning, nice job there.

And as for too fat - they are panda bears!

Plus those bears have way better moves than the vast majority of skinnies ;)
3 Human Rogue

If you don't like the design of a character's model, don't play it and don't whine about it either. This is the reason I have never played humans in this game. Do I whine about their design? No, because I know that there are a number of players who like the human models, and I respect that.

He's not 'whining' about it, don't try to belittle his opinion with such an ill-thought out comment. I would have thought that as MVP you would have the nous to understand when someone is just voicing a negative opinion as opposed to whining.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]