Battle Pets and rarity

Hi everybody :)
All pets I capture seem to get a random rarity, which for me until now ranges from gray to blue. The rarity tooltip indicates that this plays a big role in leveling the pets by increasing the stat-gain for rare pets at each level-up.
My question is: All these cute little pets I collected in the past don't show this rarity. Does that mean that they are ultimately inferior to all green and blue quality battle-pets of same level and thus not viable in competitive pet-fights?
Or do I miss something here?
Reply Quote
Nobody has an answer?
It really bothers me ...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Check on your armory. You can see the rarity of your old pets there. At least that's the only place i've found where i could see the rarity of existing pets. And Yes, i was also quite puzzled about all of this.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/forscherliga/Phantasmia/pet <- rare pets have blue names, common have white.

25/09/2012 01:40Posted by Phantasmia
Does that mean that they are ultimately inferior to all green and blue quality battle-pets of same level and thus not viable in competitive pet-fights?

I would say the common ones unfortunately are yes.
Edited by Falc on 26/09/2012 08:41 BST
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Hunter
i have been fidleling around with the battle pet thing :) the rarety is on everypet EXCEPT for the once you get from items like Lucky quillen, but if you wanna find rare pets (the ones with higher stats witch means they do more dmg and have more hp) the simplest thing to so is to go for one.. catch it :) then when you battle the next one go into you pet gallery and there you should see the rarety and the hp if you pet is common and lets say it have about 140 health and you go against one with 150 (example the stomrwind rat) then start by making sure you want this in rare becouse it is a fight to find a pet in rare :) (Well for me atleast) so the easyest way is to look at the HP if it has higher than you common of same type you might be battleling a uncommon or a rare :) the stormwind rats have 150+ health as rare :) hope this helped :)

Rare is basicly more stats and better fight-abillity :D i coulndt asnwer yesterday did go on forum was playing :D
Reply Quote
Ok, I see those rarity-flags in the armory. Should be those of the items which taught me the pet in the first place.
Although it seems to be intuitive - can we really assume that these count for the extra-stat-gain? It still seems strange, that they are not shown in the pet-window.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Rogue
If you want to see rarity of your non-caught pets ingame you could always get this addon http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-journal-enhanced
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Ok, I see those rarity-flags in the armory. Should be those of the items which taught me the pet in the first place.
Although it seems to be intuitive - can we really assume that these count for the extra-stat-gain? It still seems strange, that they are not shown in the pet-window.

I would surely hope so, but i haven't really had a good chance to test this out.
Reply Quote
I captured my first pet just common rabbit in elwynn.. that's what i thought, and when i captured it.. It seemed to be rare catch after all.. Is rabbit rare catch? Or is that rarity thing randomized?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
26/09/2012 10:58Posted by Shuan
I captured my first pet just common rabbit in elwynn.. that's what i thought, and when i captured it.. It seemed to be rare catch after all.. Is rabbit rare catch? Or is that rarity thing randomized?

Looking at -> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/zenedar/Shuan/pet , you do seem to have a rare quality rabbit in your pet list. The pet's name is blue then.
Reply Quote
Randomised, I was catching Greens in undercity
Rares
Adder
Voodoo Figuine
Lucky Quilen pup
Smolderweb Hatchling
Spirit of summer
worg pup
dunno if some of these are Blue by default or if i'm just lucky with these
Uncommon
Roach
Undercity rat
Edited by Phalhunt on 26/09/2012 12:16 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]