Jab/Expel Harm Macro?

90 Tauren Druid
Hey, looked everywhere but couldn't seem to find a macro that makes you use Jab when Expel Harm is off cooldown but otherwise you use Expel Harm. Sorry if this is frequently asked but I really need it, any of you guys figured out a macro for it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
27/09/2012 18:34Posted by Magicbeef
Sorry if this is frequently asked but I really need it, any of you guys figured out a macro for it?

Macro's can't be made that check for availability of abilities or cooldowns unfortunately.

The best you can do is use modifiers, I currently use:

#showtooltip Expel Harm
/cast [nomod] Jab
/cast [mod: Shift] Expel Harm

This will show me the tooltip and cooldown of Expel Harm on mouseover, it will cast Jab when pressed and Expel Harm if pressed whilst holding Shift.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ah, that's the macro that I was already using actually haha, just found it to be a bit of a pain. Oh well, thanks for your help anyway man.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
also, from what iv seen expel harms dmg doesnt count overhealing so using it at 100% hp = dps loss, i could be wrong, will have to test tomoro
Reply Quote
Closest thing you can get is probably a castsequence macro.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15 Expel Harm, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab

This would cast Expel Harm every 15sec and Jab in between, not sure what would happen if you don't have enough energy for Expel Harm when it's up tho.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15 Expel Harm, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab

This would cast Expel Harm every 15sec and Jab in between, not sure what would happen if you don't have enough energy for Expel Harm when it's up tho.

NO!! NO!! NO!!!

reset=15 DOES NOT reset after 15 seconds and jab in between. That reset=15 resets after 15 seconds of NOT PRESSING ANYTHING. NOT after 15 seconds after you cast Expel Harm.

This is a VERY common mistake.

Plus think about it Expel Harm and Jab both cost 40 energy. So you aren't going to get the situation when you don't have the 40 energy for Expel Harm but do have it for Jab as they cost the same (unless you get something at higher levels that reduces costs that I've yet to see).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
28/09/2012 01:54Posted by Kuriaki
also, from what iv seen expel harms dmg doesnt count overhealing so using it at 100% hp = dps loss, i could be wrong, will have to test tomoro

#showtooltip

NO!! NO!! NO!!!

reset=15 DOES NOT reset after 15 seconds and jab in between. That reset=15 resets after 15 seconds of NOT PRESSING ANYTHING. NOT after 15 seconds after you cast Expel Harm.

This is a VERY common mistake.

Plus think about it Expel Harm and Jab both cost 40 energy. So you aren't going to get the situation when you don't have the 40 energy for Expel Harm but do have it for Jab as they cost the same (unless you get something at higher levels that reduces costs that I've yet to see).

ever thought about mistweaver?
expel harm is 1,5k mana cheaper than the 9k mana jab.
Edited by Yanmei on 14/10/2012 19:51 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
What you can do is to count the average number of jabs you do while Expel Harm is on cooldown, add add 1 to this number to be sure and paste into macro. Add a reset condition if you wish, but it shouldn't be the full 15 seconds.

I'm not using it because I use Expel Harm with Chi Wave for a sizeable chunk of self-healing, but what I use instead is a PvP jab macro that opens with disable and resets when target is changed. My reasoning for this is as follows: Our disable is cheap, it has added root benefit if target is already snared, and we can't really fight anything not snared.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Expel harm does no damage when you are at full hp, so using it on CD is not a good idea imo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
14/10/2012 22:20Posted by Spiritraven
Expel harm does no damage when you are at full hp, so using it on CD is not a good idea imo.

It's the most mana efficient chi generator for Mistweavers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]