Which battle pets can be sold and not?

20 Dwarf Hunter
Hi. I've been wondering this. I understand that pets that can't be reaquired can't be sold, that will make the player lose it's pet forever, but I see other pet's that can't be sold and I don't understand why. One example is the forest moth. This can be bought from a variety of vendors, but It can't be caged and then sold. Some pets also have their "put in cage" option grayed out only that it sais "Put in cage (battle slot)" instead, what does this mean?

Another thing. I've read that pets are supposed to have a "quality rating", something that doesn't change with level. How do I see this? Wil pet's are also supposed to be common, uncommon and rare, but I can't find this info either.
Reply Quote
Every pet I have says 'Put in cage (health)' and then the option is greyed out... what is that?
Edited by Norman on 27/09/2012 11:09 BST
Reply Quote
29 Gnome Warlock
The quality can be filtered in the Armory (which has some Privacy issues; see the Thread)

There is little rhyme or reason to which Pets can be sold or not, though the 'special out-of game Event' Pets liek the CE ones and the ones for BlizzCon etc. can never be sold.

A missed opportunity is that as far as I know you can't sell any of the NPC Pets you capture in the wild, as you see I have a bunch of Rare rabbits etc. with little to with them.

A huge injustice (I love hyperbole ;) ) is that the Mechanical Chicken can be sold naturally, but you can't sell it after learning it - and it's not even a Rare.

Though my Pink elephants seem to be, and yes, they're mostly up for sale, I have a bunch of them and from level 4 onward they make the first bunch of Achievements a breeze to acquire.
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
The quality can be filtered in the Armory (which has some Privacy issues; see the Thread)

What thread?

When they say "quality", do they mean how common the pet is? Like if it's common, uncommon or rare? If so it's a pretty vague way of saying it :P Bessides, is a lvl 1 rare pet better than a lvl 1 common pet?
Edited by Jodlemann on 28/09/2012 15:20 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Wild Pets - Not cagable
Normal quested/dropped pets - Cagable
CE/Store/TCG/Code pets - Not cagable

Thats all there is to it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Wild Pets - Not cagable

I think more aproriate rule would be

Wild Pets - cagable
Profession pets - Cageable
Rvrny pets - Not cageable
Normal quested/dropped pets - Not cageable

Now that rare drops and event pets can be sold at AH they lose their status of rare pet pretty quickly. Also event pets lose their meaning of accomlishing something in certain event now that they can be sold. They are nothing special anymore, nothing to have any sense of accomplishment if you can just buy them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You need to repair them.. that's why sometimes they're greyed out with [health] when you try to cage damaged pets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Wild Pets - Not cagable

I think more aproriate rule would be

Wild Pets - cagable
Profession pets - Cageable
Rvrny pets - Not cageable
Normal quested/dropped pets - Not cageable

Now that rare drops and event pets can be sold at AH they lose their status of rare pet pretty quickly. Also event pets lose their meaning of accomlishing something in certain event now that they can be sold. They are nothing special anymore, nothing to have any sense of accomplishment if you can just buy them.

The question was how it does work, not how it should work :)
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
But is there more point going around fighting with a rare pet than a common pet? Are rare pets better?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
28/09/2012 18:49Posted by Jodlemann
But is there more point going around fighting with a rare pet than a common pet? Are rare pets better?

Stat wise yes. But they will not determine if a fight is won or lost however, types are still a much larger factor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]