Stormwind > Panda City

90 Human Rogue
I didn't fail to understand what you said; I merely failed to agree with it.

Ironically, you do appear to have failed to understand what I was on about.

Let's review the facts;
  • Burning Crusade had no flying tome.
  • Wrath's flying tome was not available at release.
  • Wrath's flying tome has since been removed.
  • Cataclysm had no flying tome.
  • Mists of Pandaria has no flying tome.

• Given the past precedent, I see no reason why anyone would seriously expect there to be a flying tome available. If anything, it looks like a failed experiment - not only did they stop making tomes, but they even went as far as removing the only one ever implemented. That speaks volumes.

I can understand that people might not all be happy with not being able to fly until they reach the level cap. I can also understand people not liking any other aspect of the game. The simple fact is that a lot of people like the current situation just the way it is, and that Blizzard can't please everyone.

I like how your answer made no sense whatsoever and when I call you out on it you get all defensive and instead try to make it out like I had misunderstood your intentions. And yes there was only a single tome because in Cataclysm you could learn flying right away, so that's not actually a point in your favor.
    Also the reason they eventually removed it was because they allowed ANYONE to learn flying right away even without an level 80 char. Therefore the failed experiment back then especially looking at the way Cata handled it was the whole restriction.

As a participant in the MVP program, you suggesting that an MVP being human and misunderstanding a post automatically makes him "the worst MVP ever" is in fact extremely complimentary. You clearly hold us to a high standard - I daresay I speak for all of us when I say we'll try to be worthy of such an expectation.

For what it's worth, if I come across as being defensive, then I apologize for that. But you have just launched an unjustified attack on me based on your (faulty) interpretation of a single one of my posts. I do spend hours each day helping other players in Technical Support, so for you to cast over 10,000 posts aside because I dared disagree with you is in fact quite frustrating.

It's not that you disagreed with but that you came waltzing in here either completly misunderstanding what I've been writing or giving an nonsensical answer on purpose and in generally being extremly aggressive about the whole issue.

28/09/2012 02:50Posted by Onionknight
    Aside from the plethora of new heirlooms added (Trousers) as guild rewards, much like the last ones, and the fact that the flying tome was a WotLK thing that didn't make it into Cataclysm either, instead now it's dynamically adjusted after release once people have flooded through.

I'd hardly call one new heirloom an "plethora", also this heirloom does not extend to 85-90 but only to 1-85. And yes it didn't make it into Cataclysm but that's because you could fly right away in Cataclysm and therefore there was no need for a flying tome.
    Edited by Moría on 28/09/2012 06:37 BST
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Hunter
    28/09/2012 01:33Posted by Doomsinger
    Having to go to a Trainer to learn how to fly is hardly a big deal.

You obviously completly missed out on what I was on about. The tome wasn't for level 90's it was for lower level alts. Actually your response doesn't even make sense if one would assume it were for a level 90 as you have to buy it from the trainer anyway.

How the heck did you get to be an MVP? The other ones are at least remotely friendly and capable of properly reading and understanding what people are on about. You're neither of these. Worst MVP ever.

I've been asking myself that as well. Whenever he dont agree with something he's either condescending, sarcastic or trolling. Not particulary professional. There's enough people like that on the forums already.
    Edited by Ravinna on 28/09/2012 06:39 BST
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Warrior
    Stormwind is a terrible, terrible city and I'm glad that I can get rid of it finally with AHs being in Dalaran if I need one.

Sure, it might have more benefits than the panda city but... at least the panda city is pretty.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    28/09/2012 01:40Posted by Hairyloco
    All this does is make you spend more time to perform an action that can be done in a minute or 2.

Hence the phrase.....Time sink.

Blizzard don't want people to hang around in Org and Sw as much, wouldn't surprise me if they won't allow levelling of Pandarian profs from there...eg For Cooking you do need to go to Pandaria.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    28/09/2012 06:36Posted by Moría
    Aside from the plethora of new heirlooms added (Trousers) as guild rewards

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.
    El Guapo: Many pinatas?
    Jefe: Oh yes, many!
    El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
    Jefe: A what?
    El Guapo: A *plethora*.
    Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
    El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
    Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
    El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
    Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    From what Blizzard had told us in the past, I got the impression they didn't want Stormwind and Orgrimmar to be the main hubs for players to hang around.

So, when I just rolled a Gnome Monk and wanted to try out the Pet Battle System, I was kinda surprised the Guards in Ironforge couldn't point me to the nearest Pet Battle Trainer. So I took the tram to Stormwind and bound my heartstone there. Seems nothing changed and everything is still focussed around Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

Blizzard added CRZ to cities like Ironforge and Darnassus to make them a tad more crowded, but there's no reason to actually hang around there. These cities don't offer anything Stormwind doesn't offer, and quite quickly you run into something you need which simply isn't there in Ironforge or Darnassus...
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    @Dónmage

It have been ask to make world more alive both expasion and old so the have remove alot of easy mode for us this time around which i like and also many have been spoild by the fact that everything served on gold plate untill now so just be use to it
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    It's not "Panda City", as you should know seeing as you have to do the quests to get there, the Vale of Eternal Blossoms was opened by the Celestials, and previously been locked by said Celestials after the Pandaren overthrew their Mogu rulers. The reason it was locked was due to the fact the Vale had mystical magic pools that were used by the Mogu to power their flesh-shaping magics. After Prince Anduin Wrynn, the player character, and a Tauren Sunwalker who's name I forget where able to convince Xuen, the White Tiger that peoples from Beyond the Mists should also be allowed into the Vale, the Aliiance and Horde set up embassies in Pandaria. This what The Shrine of The Seven Stars and it's Horde counterpart are.
    Edited by Wathley on 28/09/2012 08:17 BST
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Hunter
    A lot of you make really good points and I can see both sides. So I'm not going to say much. One of the main things I'm looking forward to when I get MoP is being able to explore the whole place, I really can't wait. I don't really want to say what I think as I haven't got MoP yet. But live I've said, I can see both sides of the story.
    Reply Quote
    Making the new city, AS WELL, as our capitals habitable would of been a good move from Blizzard. That way people could choose where they would want to hang out and if people had too much problems, aka Lagarand, they'd have the option to hide out in Orgrimmar. Blizzard should have made more cities inhabitable long ago, imo.
    Reply Quote
    1 Draenei Warrior
    To be honest as long as I don't have to stand in Stormwind all the time I'm happy.
    Reply Quote
    52 Night Elf Priest
    SW sucks man. Way too small areas for big amounts of people. I'm glad Blizzard tries to get people out of cities 24/7.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Hunter
    I haven't noticed the lack of chat channels yet, but if they are missing, that's a big oversight that should be fixed. It will be impossible to get a pug without the channels.

For all your other points, you can just put your HS in Pandaria, as there are portals to every main city there. It's easy to just hop through a portal, get your training or AH business done, and hop back through. Of course I'm an engineer, so I won't need to go to Orgrimmar for an AH :)
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    I haven't noticed the lack of chat channels yet, but if they are missing, that's a big oversight that should be fixed. It will be impossible to get a pug without the channels.

For all your other points, you can just put your HS in Pandaria, as there are portals to every main city there. It's easy to just hop through a portal, get your training or AH business done, and hop back through. Of course I'm an engineer, so I won't need to go to Orgrimmar for an AH :)

It just seems like a better idea to me to have everything in the Panda City that you need. I just have a feeling that making some things doable in SW but not Panda City will eventually lead people to say "F this travelling back and forth I'll just sit in SW." I just think it'd be a real shame if the only time level 90's went to Panda Land was to raid once per week :/
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    @Dónmage

It have been ask to make world more alive both expasion and old so the have remove alot of easy mode for us this time around which i like and also many have been spoild by the fact that everything served on gold plate untill now so just be use to it

I'm not asking for easy mode. Putting an Auction house and some other stuff like trainers in Panda City wont make the game any easier or harder, it just means I wont get bored of travelling back and forth between Stormwind and Panda Land for the 5th time in the same Hour.

Making Shrine of the Seven Stars as good a city as Stormwind wouldn't make the game easier, it'd just mean that more people would decide to stay there rather than heading back to the Eastern Kingdoms after the first month of MoP being out.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    28/09/2012 06:56Posted by Spiketcat
    All this does is make you spend more time to perform an action that can be done in a minute or 2.

Hence the phrase.....Time sink.

Blizzard don't want people to hang around in Org and Sw as much, wouldn't surprise me if they won't allow levelling of Pandarian profs from there...eg For Cooking you do need to go to Pandaria.

Yeah I remember reading about Blizz wanting to get players out of Stormwind. But the way the Panda City is at the moment is just encouraging level 90s to live in Stormwind again.
    Reply Quote
    61 Blood Elf Death Knight
    28/09/2012 01:33Posted by Doomsinger
    no tome for flying either

Having to go to a Trainer to learn how to fly is hardly a big deal.

how did you get mvp title when 90% of your posts make you look like a douche?
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    According this topic...

Since I am questing in the new continent and sicne I have my HS there, how do I get back to SW/Azeroth?
    Assuming that I can do SW => MoP zone using the flying-boat, right?
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    There is trade chat..? And no auction house because it's like Dalaran, portals to everywhere and there's an AH for engineers.
    Edited by Lemlette on 28/09/2012 15:30 BST
    Reply Quote
    1 Blood Elf Priest
    The problem is when new cities come along they turn the rest of WoW into a dead zone, just look at all other other places...like ghost towns now.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]