Old Man's Thistle Treasure and Map help

90 Human Warlock
Has anyone got this quest item to drop yet? I've heard the story about how he got trapped in a cave, I've found the cave, obviously I can't get in because of the cave-in, I've been killing the mobs outside the cave in the hope to get the map to start the quest but I haven't.

Anyone found it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
according to armory the fish in the lake drops teh map, but after having tried to farm them a while it appears they don't. :/
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/86404
Enormous Cattail Grouper - Guaranteed
:(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just killed it after reading this - didn't drop the map.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Same, I've farmed at least 30 of every mob in the zone and not got this item to drop, I've found the cave which is blocked off by rocks, there is no way through, I haven't located Old Man Thistle's House.

GM's in-game just refer me to the website for 'tips'
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
only other option I see for this (if not bugged) is needing tillers rep, revered or exalted, for it to drop.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
bump
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
well deffo doesnt drop at revered, maybe exalted :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
From what I've figured out, you apparently have to be "exalted" with Fish Fellreed, one of the Tillers farmhands.

Then you can talk to her and she'll tell you a story, after that you can get the treasure by killing a mob which name I can't remember at the moment.
Edited by Syluxx on 04/10/2012 10:04 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
^Doesn't work
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
From what I've figured out, you apparently have to be "exalted" with Fish Fellreed, one of the Tillers farmhands.

Then you can talk to her and she'll tell you a story, after that you can get the treasure by killing a mob which name I can't remember at the moment.

tried this a couple days after 90 when I best friended her, does nothing. it's got to be tied to tillers rep unless it's bugged like so much else...
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
OLD MAP! From the big fish in the lake! Best friend with all the guys and exalted tillers!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/rbQdB.jpg
Edited by Frankstêr on 04/10/2012 16:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
^ I sense some crossrealm dailys in this one
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I sense lots of Hozen Peace Pipe.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Aye, I'm retarded
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
http://i.imgur.com/4OQar.jpg Achievement proof & what it contained in the chat!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am Best Friend with all and Exalted with Tillers, the map droped direcly after first kill when I killed Enourm - whatever the name was =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I got this map today, im exalted with tiller and all the npcs, dropped from time for the big mob
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hey, just to confirm, you have to have all tillers friendships to 'best friend' status for this map to drop from the enormous fish. I got it first kill after hitting 'best friend' with my last tiller.

FYI the spiders in the cave hurt like hell! lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]