Motes of Harmony

MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
A few minutes ago I found out that the Motes of Harmony are BoP, and can therefore only be acquired by pure farming.

Now, although I'm not a fan of that ideology, it isn't the biggest issue I have.
The real issue is how awfully long it will take to farm a profession to level 600.

By my own calculations, I will need about 25 Spirits of Harmony to reach level 600 Leatherworking, which would be 190 Motes of Harmony. Since these have a 10% droprate, that means I will have to kill 1900 random creatures to reach level 600 Leatherworking.

If I'm honest.... not something I'd enjoy doing.

A change to this would be quite useful, whether it is the removal of the BoP issue (a guy can dream), or an increase in drop rate.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Some professions don't need them while others need plenty. =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Drop rate isn't %10. It's more like %1. I got only 8 motes out of 500+ mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Seems these motes can be farmed by planting Songbell Seed
But you'll need to be revered with The Tillers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just wish they were account bound.... I can't make anything with my alts without farming an obscene amount on all of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Really low drop rate, I'm approching level 90 and I've got 70 motes, now if I want to craft an epic chest/gloves I need 80 motes. So for everyone I craft I have to grind as many mobs as I did from 85 to 90? ...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
The cost of making items seems to be too high at the moment in my opinion. Lets take the plate engineering goggles for example you need 6 x bars of Living Steel to make those which is absurdly high considering that previously you'd only need one piece of material from another profession if even that and now you need 6 days of transmute cooldowns from an alchemist to make these so previously you could make these by gathering the mats yourself.

Considering that the profession gives nothing else than the goggles really so it's just laughable cost. And no the new tinkers are crap or maybe I haven't found any good yet if there's any to begin with.

Was checking Wowhead and noticed that alchemists can also make Living steel with using Motes of harmony and I was really happy till I remembered that the god damn motes are bop..
Edited by Hekaú on 26/09/2012 04:38 BST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have had 30 odd Motes, really really low droprate, I expect they can be bought via JP at somepoint.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
making them account bound would cheer me up to no end.
Reply Quote
Lack of motes of harmony as basically stalled levelling Engineering for me. Level 86 and done tons of mining and plenty of killing mobs/quests and still only 7 motes.

In the long term these really need to be BOA and with a much higher drop rate. I would expect from a few hours questing/grinding to have at least 2-3 Spirit of Harmony.

On the plus side mining nodes are plentiful :D

How about giving the option of receiving Spirit of Harmony when you do random dungeons instead of Justice points?
Edited by Lemmie on 26/09/2012 12:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am not against them being bop, but the drop rate should be increased. I killed about 30 mobs and got only one mote. Buying them with justice or honor points is a good idea too.
Reply Quote
How about giving the option to trade in mats for Spirit of Harmony in the same way you can trade Spirit of Harmony for mats from NPC Danky (Horde) and NPC Krystel (Alliance).

ie. a like for like swap

eg. for 1 x Spirit of Harmony you can trade for 20 x Ghost Iron Ore, make it so you can also trade 20 x Ghost Iron Ore for 1 x Spirit of Harmony.

At the moment I have an abundance of Ghost Iron Ore but hardly any Spirit/Mote of Harmony and this would help solve the problem.
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Monk
Yay, first it was all too easy and now when we have to put time and effort in (like grinding) it's bad?

I don't get it...
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
Seems these motes can be farmed by planting Songbell Seed
But you'll need to be revered with The Tillers

^This

Was searching the interwebs, and found out that you can farm up to 16 motes per day, when you reach exaltet with The Tillers
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Im nearly 88 now with mostly questing and i have 1 spirit of harmony and 4 mote of harmony so far...GG bliss.

This bop design is a complete fail, as its totally random. I dfont get it why cant it be BoA.With BoA you still have to farm it with one caracter so the player will be out of the city, but you wont be forced to play a dps spec on your priest for example or on your druid. You can farm with your pure dps caracter out of the city ad craft the item in the city with your alt. I dont get it why its bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
108 motes for an engineering mount. That's one week of grinding. Mount isn't bop. Good game for Dupers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Indeed MoH drop rate is redonkulous
Reply Quote
I've levelled LW to 600 and I think I used 2 or 3 Spirits of Harmony and one of those I certainly didn't need to use (I made a Blue 450 Cloak instead of something else).
Since getting 600 (when I was 87) I've got another 4 (almost 5) Spirits.

There's a vendor somewhere (a guildy found them) that sells stacks of leather/ore/enchanting bits for Spirits.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=76061/spirit-of-harmony#currency-for
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
As Karogu said. You do not *need* to spend spirits for most professions. It is a lot easier to get 500 bars/leather/herbs than to get 10 spirits right now, so get the former.

Spirits will become common a few months into the expansion via tilling. They are currently going to be a stall.
Reply Quote
As Karogu said. You do not *need* to spend spirits for most professions. It is a lot easier to get 500 bars/leather/herbs than to get 10 spirits right now, so get the former.

Spirits will become common a few months into the expansion via tilling. They are currently going to be a stall.

For Engineering you certainly need them, all my orange schematics require them now (currenty lvl 591/600
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]