Ways to stay logged in?

90 Human Death Knight
Ok, so ive heard people talking about syncing up your pc with your phone to sign in remotely form work before you come home. My problem is I dont own a iPhone.

So my questing is, is there any legitamate way to stay logged on without going out and purchasing a iPhone or paying some bum to mash my keyboard randomly now and then?
Reply Quote
Ways to stay logged in, is to play the game, be active.

There is a reason why people get kicked out from the server when inactive. If the server is full, it gives more space to other people logging in, especially needed for times like this when the servers also gets locked.

I don't think you should find a way to stay logged in and not playing yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I agree with you, but its very apprent that there are people doing it currently. Its frustrating for the people waiting in the queues every night. 6pm-10pm and still waiting....

After its became clear blizz wont do much to fix this, I'm interested how other people do it.

Im already aware macros will get you banned, so seeing what ways wont
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Mage
28/09/2012 22:07Posted by Ïwin
I agree with you, but its very apprent that there are people doing it currently.

So you agree it's bad to go afk and not get disconnected, but because so many others do it, you want to do it too?

Hey if all Death Knights suddenly start stacking Intellect, even though it has no benefit at all for your class, would you do the same?

Don't even consider it if you don't support it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
i cando it , i can tell u , but i might get punished for that , u can figure out ur self if u actually put effort on googling ;/ , i dont think its illegal or cheating, i mean ur controling game anyway , but remotely nothin bad bout that
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Mage
28/09/2012 23:04Posted by Ambehindyou
nothin bad bout that

Except you're griefing. Which is illegal.
You logging out makes room for other players.
You are not playing. People who want to play are waiting.

Selfish.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
blizz will notice when players are logged in 24-7 and take action.

or play on a bit low pop server, no login ques ever.
Reply Quote
84 Human Paladin
If u have a gaming keyboard like logitech G15 it's easy, dunno about other gaming keyboards but logitech software panel provides a function for this when u make a macro.

How blizz feels about it i don't really care about tbh..

Ravencrest has been overpopulated since cata and they didnt open free transfer until after MOP came why, they thought they had the power to support it i guess...

I dont stay loged in 24/7 just during the time i'am awake and will play, when i go to sleep pc is off.

IMO Blizzard could prevented this from high populated servers giving free transfer say a month or to before MOP.

Then player would goten chanse to plan think it through look up the realm now it's stay here with que hope it sattles or take a chanse and go to that realm and hope it's be as fun there.

Play on a low populated realm no thx but i guess some ppl would enjoy that but i dont see the point in so many nearly dead realms out there, merge them or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Selfish.

How is it griefing? Blizzard are the ones that put the restriction how many people they will allow to a server before closing it and saying it's full. Blizzard let more people on the servers than what the servers could handle, and now the players are paying the price for it. I'm not on one of those servers though, but I can imagine it would be annoying as hell to have to wait 2-4 hours just to be able to log in. If anyone is griefing anyone, it's blizzard who is doing the griefing. They could have not filled servers to the very limit (and more), and closed them at say 70% in order to ensure these things dont happen. Instead they allow some servers to be over populated to the point where players can no longer log on and use the service they are paying for, while other servers are close to dead. Blizzard put the players and the servers in this situation. And now they balance it by having a queue time for players on high pop server to log in, and making a CRZ system toi give the illusion of dead servers not beeing dead.

A little bit of thinking ahead would have gone a long way for blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
ANG
Go find an level 1 critter and aggro it. Make sure you don't have anything on you that could possibly damage it and hope nobody comes by and ends up killing it for whatever reason. Congratulations you wont be logged out.

Level 1 critters do near to no damage whatsoever and a lot will be parried/blocked/evaded and you can't be logged out while in fight.
Reply Quote
71 Orc Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_hJUZ-4Ko8
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Download team viewer, on both work and home computers, then i imagine you will be able to move your character about etc, and i dont think its breaking any rules as you are technically in control of your character, it isnt a bot or anything
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Mage

Selfish.

How is it griefing? Blizzard are the ones that put the restriction how many people they will allow to a server before closing it and saying it's full. Blizzard let more people on the servers than what the servers could handle, and now the players are paying the price for it. I'm not on one of those servers though, but I can imagine it would be annoying as hell to have to wait 2-4 hours just to be able to log in. If anyone is griefing anyone, it's blizzard who is doing the griefing. They could have not filled servers to the very limit (and more), and closed them at say 70% in order to ensure these things dont happen. Instead they allow some servers to be over populated to the point where players can no longer log on and use the service they are paying for, while other servers are close to dead. Blizzard put the players and the servers in this situation. And now they balance it by having a queue time for players on high pop server to log in, and making a CRZ system toi give the illusion of dead servers not beeing dead.

A little bit of thinking ahead would have gone a long way for blizzard.

Because you purposely ruin the gaming experience (or the lack of it) of players.
Blizzard are NOT the ones putting limits on their servers, let that be clear. It's the servers themselves and the technology of it that puts it on their servers. If Blizzard can help it, they will.

And the queues have been there for a loooooong time mind you. Only with MoP people came back and such, sure they could have closed the servers at 70%, but if there's room on a server for say 2000 *don't know actual numbers*, then 70% makes 1400 people. Now imagine 900 people having inactive accounts? Whoops.
That's basically what happened.

Also, I will repeat what many, many, many players have said.
Those players KNOW themselves they're playing on a High populated server.
Those players KNOW themselves that when an expansion launches, players come back.
Those players can expect queues, and whether they take action against it is up to them, but they shouldn't blame Blizz for their own stupidity.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight

And the queues have been there for a loooooong time mind you. Only with MoP people came back and such, sure they could have closed the servers at 70%, but if there's room on a server for say 2000 *don't know actual numbers*, then 70% makes 1400 people. Now imagine 900 people having inactive accounts? Whoops.
That's basically what happened.

Also, I will repeat what many, many, many players have said.
Those players KNOW themselves they're playing on a High populated server.
Those players KNOW themselves that when an expansion launches, players come back.
Those players can expect queues, and whether they take action against it is up to them, but they shouldn't blame Blizz for their own stupidity.

Problem is, Blizzard knew full well this would happen, every expansion is the same, they know peole will reactivate inactive accounts to play again. They could have blocked entry to the full servers ages ago and would still have packed servers come release day.

But they keep allowing people to join, because it keeps money rolling in. Don`t be so noble and defensive of Blizz, they knew full well beforehand what situation would arise, but chose to do nothing, because they can make more money this way.

Also, how is it "my own stupidity" for playing on this server and not wanting to leave. I`ve been here for years, from when it was quiet, but now because Blizzard Let the server get out of control i`m now expected to up sticks, leave all my friends and join a dead server? Get real.

And you do realise why Blizz are offering fcms to dead servers yea? a month or 2 down the line when those servers are still dead, a certain amount of people who transferred will PAY to move back to busy servers, cos i can guarantee FCM won`t be available to come back. Guess what, more money for Blizzard.
Edited by Bigsod on 30/09/2012 08:49 BST
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
I hear a new BOT thread.

Regardless what type it is Hardware, Software or CATware versions I'am against it. Mainly in Battlegrounds. So I wonder if Blizzard sends out a Gnomish demoltiion team to kill the hardware botters and a hunter or a dog to kill the cat version.

I hate botters, they ruin the game PERIOD!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Basically , it boils down to this.

If Blizzard are not too concerned with cutting out HUGE login queues to keep all their paying customers playing when they choose. I am not overly concerned doing what ever i can to stay logged in.

Legally of course, anything else would be morally wrong.....
Edited by Bigsod on 30/09/2012 08:53 BST
Reply Quote
28/09/2012 23:28Posted by Jockelino
Play on a low populated realm no thx but i guess some ppl would enjoy that but i dont see the point in so many nearly dead realms out there, merge them or something.

Then play on a Medium server. Still a lot of people around and no queues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]