Living Steel Belt Buckle....?

90 Undead Mage
You serious ??? Are you really serious?

One Living Steel costs 2.7-3k gold...There is no way in hell Im gonna pay 2.7-3k gold for ONE DAMN EXTRA SOCKET.

Trillium ore, hard to get, so that means, ofc, high prices of ore, that means high prices of living steel + some cooldown, really dont want to know how long that cooldown is...

I dont feel it, really I dont.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
Many things are always overpriced at the start of an expansion. Have patience and the prices will become more resonable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
People are already selling "Living Steel CDs" so I'm assuming it's between a day and a week. I haven't honestly checked, and getting Alch recipes is a pain in the !@# so I don't have it on my alchemist yet...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Belt socket is not necessary.

You want it, you pay :-P

Also, Living Steel CD resets at midnight, just as Titansteel did in WotLK and Truegold in Cataclysm.

Until then;

30/09/2012 23:19Posted by Ceac
Many things are always overpriced at the start of an expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
30/09/2012 23:11Posted by Emusnoc
Trillium ore, hard to get, so that means, ofc, high prices of ore, that means high prices of living steel + some cooldown, really dont want to know how long that cooldown is...

Not true. You can transmute trillium out of 10 ghost iron bars, with no CD. Living steel got CD though, unless you wanna use 3 harmonies for 1 bar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey there Emusnoc.

As has been stated, often crafted items are always much more expensive at the start of expansions.

Let me expand on this, let's say Ghost Iron Ore remains at ~10g per ore. Transmute: Living Steel requires 6xTrillium and Transmute: Trillium requires 10 Ghost Iron Bars.

1x Living Steel = 6x Trillium = 60 Ghost Iron Bars = 120 Ghost Iron Ore.

120x10 = 1200g + Price for cooldown (Anywhere between 100g-400g).

That's around half the price you've listed, so why not get it made for you instead of purchasing it? Better yet, if you have Mining mine the initial ore and it only costs you the cooldown!

Of course in reality Ghost Iron Ore will likely drop in price as supply greatly exceeds demand at the moment so it may get even cheaper. As said above, if you are in a guild it's likely a guildmate could make it for you at reduced cost.

It's the start of the expansion, we're not even a week into Mists of Pandaria yet, it's too early to complain about prices as the market is still very, very new. Give it time and it will improve and there is always a different way rather than just outright purchasing it, think outside of the box.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
you dont need living steel for every belt upgrade you get.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
1x Living Steel = 6x Trillium = 60 Ghost Iron Bars = 120 Ghost Iron Ore.

To be honest get Ghost Iron Ore is not hard my gf which im lvl with atm told me yesterday if i stop mining we would be at lvl 90 alot faster :)

Mean Ghost Iron Ore is pop up like mushroom everywhere which basic mean the price on Living Steel is way overprice i got like 120 Ghost Ore in less then 2 hours and then i was not even try to farm them and i dont have flymount which basic mean the you get alot more if you have fly mount.

Problem is that not many people are farming them which mean that people that do can take overprice on Ghost Iron and that will rise the price and the price get wave effect if you know what i mean.
Edited by Nimyla on 01/10/2012 06:50 BST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
you guys are mad as hell, its cheap and easy to mine, sells relatively cheaply, and the transmute is - well, easy
one per day from cd
as many as you want from harmonies - motes are super easy to farm if you know where *cough spoiler* cave in kun lai summit *cough end spoiler*
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/10/2012 07:29Posted by Tabori
one per day from cd

Wrong, you can learn to make as many as you want as Alch, costs a few bars less but also a few Harmony.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

120x10 = 1200g + Price for cooldown (Anywhere between 100g-400g).

Lucky you, on my realm the transmute CD alone is 1000-1500g *Sigh*
Edited by Azyra on 01/10/2012 08:37 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
For someone it's good that item's are overpriced. Just yesterday sold 10k worth of flasks, potions and elixirs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Exactly, it's all about selling out now when it's still needed, and with raids coming out in a few days the prices on flasks/foods/enchants will sky rocket.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You serious ??? Are you really serious?

One Living Steel costs 2.7-3k gold...There is no way in hell Im gonna pay 2.7-3k gold for ONE DAMN EXTRA SOCKET.

I dont feel it, really I dont.

Dont pay then, hope you're not in a raid guild - have fun explaining not being fully gemmed etc
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]