"That pet is too high level for you to uncage"

(Locked)

85 Gnome Mage
So I just reached level 25 with my first pet (Clockwork gnome) and I planned on maybe selling him for a grand profit. So I put him in a cage so I'd be able to link him with stats and level to the trade chat. When I tried to learn him again, I get the error in the title "That pet is too high level for you to uncage"!

Why? I spent like 4-5 days straight leveling this guy! Is this a bug or can I really not use my pet again?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
One more bug/fail from blizzard, i hope they will address it soon.
Until then try to do some tickets to learn if GMs know anything about it and just play along with it.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have the same problem with my lvl 23 Mecha Squirrel. Contacted GMs, waiting for answer...
71 Pandaren Mage
Can't exactly remember the source but this is what I discovered;
You'll need at least one pet of the same level or higher to un-crate a companion.

Guess that's that.

(I'll see if I can find any source on that).

((I guess they've added this so you can't just buy three level 25's from the AH and go beast-mode)).
Edited by Capite on 03/10/2012 16:55 BST
90 Pandaren Shaman

((I guess they've added this so you can't just buy three level 25's from the AH and go beast-mode)).

makes sense to be fair
85 Gnome Mage
03/10/2012 16:54Posted by Capite
You'll need at least one pet of the same level or higher to un-crate a companion

Damn it. I leveled my pet! I put it in a cage simply to be able to link it with the rare color link. Surely they should have thought people would cage their pets like that... What a silly feature!:(

03/10/2012 12:34Posted by Scarfox
Contacted GMs, waiting for answer...

Yeah me too. Estimated waiting time: 6 days 17 hours...
Classic.
90 Undead Warrior
I think what Capite said is probably the reason why, and the way they keep track of which players have the levelled pets is probably through the highest level in your pet tab, rather than keeping a separate bit of data with your all time highest.

Also, with what GM's are like these days, you'll probably find it quicker to level another pet to 25 and then uncage your stuck pet, rather than wait for a generic, not too helpful response.
90 Tauren Hunter
It stops people from just buying level 25 pets from the outset.

You will need to level another pet to 25 to unpack it, surely if you have 1 you must be close on others?
90 Pandaren Warrior
This is not a bug. Listen carefully:

You level a pet to 25 then cage it to sell. Your other pets are lower than 25. You cannot relearn this pet now until you reach level 25 with another pet on your account and keep it on your account. This is to stop people going straight in at 25, thus skipping the work of playing the pet game.

It is not a bug, and intended, and confirmed works when I dinged a second pet to 25, I was able to relearn my Fel Flame.
Edited by Onionknight on 05/10/2012 11:44 BST
85 Gnome Mage
This is not a bug. Listen carefully:

You level a pet to 25 then cage it to sell. Your other pets are lower than 25. You cannot relearn this pet now until you reach level 25 with another pet on your account and keep it on your account. This is to stop people going straight in at 25, thus skipping the work of playing the pet game.

It is not a bug, and intended, and confirmed works when I dinged a second pet to 25, I was able to relearn my Fel Flame.

I know this now.. but I didn't know this before. Will a GM really not give me my pet back? I'm likely to just stop playing if that happens :/

It stops people from just buying level 25 pets from the outset.

You will need to level another pet to 25 to unpack it, surely if you have 1 you must be close on others?

No I leveled him solo
90 Human Warlock
They should make it to work based on achievement, not on pet journal..this just sucks.

makes sense to be fair
This....
90 Pandaren Monk
There was this one guy who bought a lvl 25 Gnome off the AH then tried to learn it because he was too lazy (and stupid to boot) to realise that he wasn't able to do this without already having a lvl 25 pet...

I can't remember his name though
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i have lvld a lvl 25 pet of my own, i uncaged it to see what happenned, to find out i cant use it again, i also got a lvl 25 pet on another server which i cant use beause saying its to high to uncage
88 Worgen Druid
maybe u can uncage at some battle pet trainer ?
87 Pandaren Monk
I worried about this

Seller: Selling pet level 25
Buyer: I Buy that pet!

Buyer: YOU SCAMMED ME can't learn this I want my gold back

It's why I haven't leveled my pets.... I tell A lie I'm also busy leveling this alt.
90 Tauren Hunter
sold four level 25s one was a clockwork gnome

didnt even know about the level thing till today, im leveling my friends croc too, its 20 now, poor her :(
90 Pandaren Monk
15/10/2012 08:45Posted by Whysoimba
They should make it to work based on achievement, not on pet journal..this just sucks.

Could not agree more.
50 Orc Warrior
Hey i just buy a battlepet on AH (lvl 25) for 6100 gold. When i try to use it its say its to high for you uncage and i think its a bad part from blizzard becuse people like me waste gold on battlepets

pls help me
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]