Mists of Pandaria Rogue Nerf List

1 Human Priest
I've been working on this since 5.0, please feel free to post any additional "nerfs" that I may have mist off in my list. In this list, is all the nerfs I've encountered since the patch, and things that I think have changed too much and are now useless or futile.

Abilities...
Kick
  • Old - 10sec cooldown. A quick kick that interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 5 sec.
  • New - 15sec cooldown. A quick kick that interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 5 sec.
  • Honour Among Thieves
  • Old - When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability, you have a X% chance to gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every second.
  • New - When any player in your party or raid critically hits with a spell or ability, you gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds, and can only occur while you are in combat.
  • Feint
  • Old - Performs a feint, causing no damage but lowering your threat by a X amount, making the enemy less likely to attack you. {In additon, reduces the damage you take from area of effect attacks by 50%.}
  • New - Perfoems an evasive maeunver, reducing damage taken from area-of-effect attacks by 50% for 7sec.
  • Shadowstep
  • Old - Causes you to step through the shadows and appear behind an enemy target. Your next Ambush or Garrote delivered within 10 sec will deal 30% additional damage, and your movement speed is increased by 70% for 3 sec.
  • New - Step through the shadows and appear behind a target. Movement speed is increased by 70% for 2 sec afterwards.
  • Crippling Poison
  • Old - Each strike has a 50% chance of poisoning the enemy, slowing their movement speed by 70% for 12 sec.
  • New - Coats your weapons with a Non-Lethal Poison that lasts for 1hour. Each strike has a 50% chance of poisoning the enemy, slowing their movement speed by 50% for 12sec. Shiv Effect: Reduces the target's movement speed by 70% for 12 sec.
  • Cheat Death
  • Old - You have a 100% chance to completely avoid any damaging attack that would otherwise kill you and reduce all damage taken by up to 90% for 3 sec (modified by resilience). This effect cannot occur more than once per minute.
  • New - An attack that would otherwise be fatal will instead reduce you no lower than 10% of your maximum health, and damage taken will be reduced by 80% for 3 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once per 90 seconds.
  • Shiv
  • Old - Strikes an enemy's pressure point with your offhand weapon, guaranteeing poison application from that weapon and dispelling an Enrage effect on the target. Slower weapons require more Energy. Neither Shiv nor the poison it applies can be a critical strike. Awards 1 combo point.
  • New - Strikes an enemy's pressure point with your off-hand weapon, dealing 25% weapon damage, dispelling an Enrage effect from the target, and applying a concentrated form of your active Non-Lethal poison.
    See individual Non-Lethal poison tooltips for details regarding the concentrated effects of each. This ability now has a 10sec cooldown.
  • Cold Blood
  • Old - When activated, generates 25 Energy and increases the critical strike chance of your next non-periodic offensive ability by 100%.
  • New - No longer available
  • Evasion
  • Old - Increases the rogue's dodge chance by 50% and reduces the chance ranged attacks hit the rogue by 25%. Lasts 15 sec.
  • New - Increases your dodge chance by 50% for 15 sec.
  • Parry (Passive)
  • Old - 5% parry with 0 rating
  • New - 3% parry with 0 rating
  • Quickening/Fleet Footed
  • Old - Quickening - All healing effects on you are increased by 20% and your momement speed is increased by 15%. This does not stack with most other movement speed increasing effects.
  • New - Fleet Footed - Your movement speed is increased by 15%. This does not stack with most other movement speed increasing effects.
  • Master Poisoner
  • Old - Increases the spell damage taken by any target you have poisoned by 8%, causes your Envenom ability to no longer consume Deadly Poison, and reduces the duration of Poison effects applied to you by 50%.
  • New - Increases the spell damage taken by any target you have poisonned by 5%.
  • Deadly Throw / Throw
  • Rogues no longer have access to Deadly Throw unless talented. Also, the Throw ability does considerably less damage than before. I was getting 4-7k hits with throw at 85 before 5.0 and was getting 200-400 hits after 5.0 patch.
  • Preperation
  • Rogues are now forced to chose either Preperation OR shadowstep, instead of having access to both.
  • Leeching Poison / Paralytic Poison
  • Rogues cannot use either of these, because we need Crippling Poison, which is essential for pvp.
  • Additional Nerfs...
    Precision (Talent)
  • Talent is no longer available. Previously added up to 6% hit for both melee and poisons.
  • Improved Sinister Strike (Talent)
  • Talent no longer available. Previously added up to 30% damage increase to Sinister Strike, and reduced it's energy cost by 6.
  • Aggression (Talent)
  • Talent no longer available. Previously added up to 20% damage increase to Sinister Strike, Backstab and Eviscerate.
  • Weapon Expertise (Talent)
  • Talent no longer available. Previously increased expertise by up to 10.
  • Surprise Attacks (Talent)
  • Talent no longer available. Your finishing moves can no longer be dodged or parried and the damage dealt by your Sinister Strike, Backstab, Shiv, Hemorrhage and Gouge abilities is increased by 10%.
  • Glyph Nerfs...
    Glyph of Mutilate
  • Old - used to reduce Mutilate energy cost by 5.
  • Glyph of Backstab
  • Old - used to grant 5 energy when backstab crits.
  • Glyph of Rupture
  • Old - used to increase Rupture duration by 4sec.
  • Glyph of Slice n Dice
  • Old - used to uncrease SnD duration by 3 sec.
  • Glyph of Feint
  • Old - Reduces the energy cost of Feint by 20.
  • New - Increases the duration of Feint by 2 sec.
  • Glyph of Blade Flurry
  • Old - Reduces the penalty to energy regeneration while Blade Flurry is active by 50%.
  • New - Your attacks have a 30% higher chance of applying Non-Lethal poisons while Blade Flurry is active.
  • Glyph of Tricks of the Trade
  • Old - Tricks of the trade no longer costs energy, but the damage benefit is reduced by 5%.
  • New - Your Tricks of the Trade ability no longer costs Energy, but also no longer increases the damage dealt by the target.
  • Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Rogue
    lol, looks like they ve spent very much effort for nerfing instead of making class more unique and interesting.

"You have energy, ur so special " - GC.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    Cheat Death
    Old - You have a 100% chance to completely avoid any damaging attack that would otherwise kill you and reduce all damage taken by up to 90% for 3 sec (modified by resilience). This effect cannot occur more than once per minute.
    New - An attack that would otherwise be fatal will instead reduce you no lower than 10% of your maximum health, and damage taken will be reduced by 80% for 3 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once per 90 seconds.

Not true. CD had been 80% for a long time in Cata.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    and if damage is bigger then twice your hp pool you will die nevertheless (PvE thingy).
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    02/10/2012 23:37Posted by Izvi
    and if damage is bigger then twice your hp pool you will die nevertheless (PvE thingy).

That will never be reached in pvp anyway.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Rogue
    Leeching Poison / Paralytic Poison
    Rogues cannot use either of these, because we need Crippling Poison, which is essential for pvp.

Hmm I am sure that I read somewhere that the new pvp set bonus would be cripling proccing off none-lethal poisons. but I might be wrong.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    Leeching Poison / Paralytic Poison
    Rogues cannot use either of these, because we need Crippling Poison, which is essential for pvp.

Hmm I am sure that I read somewhere that the new pvp set bonus would be cripling proccing off none-lethal poisons. but I might be wrong.

Think so to, and if u go with nervestrike u will slow them aswell with your stuns so you can still use numb poison/leaching/...
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    yep, we have been nerfed to death!
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Rogue
    03/10/2012 06:35Posted by Seroc

This is correct, but is a 4-set bonus of the level 90 set only. This still make the talents obsolete at low-level PvP (and for anyone without the set).

My biggest concern about all the nerfing is that classes we normally compare our selves to have gotten all the things I want. Gonna be interesting to see how the best rogues will do in arena.

/noob
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    Not gonna drown in my own tears before I've played more, I just miss being able to kill something in a cs/ks.

That was damn fun.

(:
    Edited by Sean on 03/10/2012 07:58 BST
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Rogue
    Evasion I don't think counts as a nerf, because ranged attacks can be dodged now, which is why Hunters suddenly need expertise. So 50% dodge and 50% chance to not get hit by ranged pre-5.04 is the same as 50% dodge now.
    Reply Quote
    70 Undead Rogue
    03/10/2012 07:02Posted by Shotey
    yep, we have been nerfed to death!

Throughout wow 1 thing is sure Blizzard REALLY HATE rogues but who cares if the rogue is the least played class?? do u care? Blizzard has there favorite classes and all there ideas and effort goes 2 those characters IF u want fun and a faceroll time in WOW u choise everything except the rogue (i only wished they put that in the create character screen..like

Blizzard: U sure u want a Rogue??
    Me: Yes
    Blizzard: U really sure??
    Me: Yes
    Blizzard: We hate rogues and we are gonne destroy them in the end...U really really sure ?(Tip: play a mage or pala...we love those)
    Me: ok.....i go for that....
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Rogue
    True
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    Good Post.

Kinda sums up how much they have screwed us. Im getting kited like a tard all over battlegrounds, WTB standard 70% crippling poison!!

and Shiv on no cooldown would be lovely too!
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Rogue
    Half of those aren't even nerfs. The evasion change was a buff, most of those glyphs were made baseline, shadowstep was buffed massively and so was talented feint. It would have more credibility if you were more honest and not just whining.
    Reply Quote
    1 Human Rogue
    They nerfed how fun rogues were. Each expansion it feels duller and duller. I enjoyed Rogue greatly in TBC, and after S5 fiasko (even tho rogues were kinda strong as muti before nerf/fixes) it was fun aswell. But still, after TBC it started to go downhill, Cataclysm playstyle not fun except for the control you had with Shadowdance and ShS. Now it's just downright dull, at least in solo play. Just don't feel right if I can only enjoy my rogue inside arenas when there is much else in the game, and even then I have yet to try out this new season.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Rogue
    03/10/2012 13:32Posted by Kesklol
    shadowstep was buffed massively

Shadowstep only got buffed with friendly stepping wich we should have had a single abillity for like interverne and the new druid abillity.

Your next Ambush or Garrote delivered within 10 sec will deal 30% additional damage. Got removed wich is better imo. And with a 24 sec CD you wont have you're cooldown ready when you're trying to escape.
    Reply Quote
    25 Blood Elf Warlock
    and here I was thinking about rolling another rogue...

good job blizz you ruined my favorite class.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    This thread is wrong and inaccurate on a lot of levels.
    Reply Quote
    3 Worgen Rogue
    rogue is just pathetic, is not talking about nerfas, but the gameplay is rly sux, what can I say is just : drama.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]