Soloing old raids at level 90?

90 Human Paladin
Have anyone started to try it out yet?
Is Kael'thas Sunstrider becoming easier to down?
Or how about the Twin Emperors? Are they doable with level 90 dps?
And the Ulduar bosses? Have anyone made solo progress in Ulduar at 90?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I went and took a look in ICC real quick once I was hit/exp soft capped in my prot gear and I took down marrowgar 10 heroic fairly easy.

he had 10 million HP which can take quite a while to take off, but you don't pull off a lot less dps than an entire raid did back at 80 :)

So bosses should be completely soloable. People were soloing Kael'thas and twin emps last expansion with funny tactics, so I'm guessing it's possible now with just zerging them down.

my biggest worry would be certain mechanics like the bite on blood queen lana'thel, effectively setting a very tight enrage timer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I went and took a look in ICC real quick once I was hit/exp soft capped in my prot gear and I took down marrowgar 10 heroic fairly easy.

he had 10 million HP which can take quite a while to take off, but you don't pull off a lot less dps than an entire raid did back at 80 :)

So bosses should be completely soloable. People were soloing Kael'thas and twin emps last expansion with funny tactics, so I'm guessing it's possible now with just zerging them down.

my biggest worry would be certain mechanics like the bite on blood queen lana'thel, effectively setting a very tight enrage timer.

Thats nice to know, thanks :)

I have soloed Kael'thas myself at 85, but the setup was a lenghty one, and depended a lot on luck to succeed. I'll try to zerg the event when I'm 90.

I have also tried the twin emperors a bunch of times, but never succeeded. Hopefully my dps will be high enoug at 90 to manage.

I guess it all comes down to finding the inspiration to start leveling to 90 then :P
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Thats nice to know, thanks :)

I have soloed Kael'thas myself at 85, but the setup was a lenghty one, and depended a lot on luck to succeed. I'll try to zerg the event when I'm 90.

I have also tried the twin emperors a bunch of times, but never succeeded. Hopefully my dps will be high enoug at 90 to manage.

I guess it all comes down to finding the inspiration to start leveling to 90 then :P

I'd love to lvl up but so damn long que times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/10/2012 14:22Posted by Mightadin
I'd love to lvl up but so damn long que times.

It sure is... Every time I try to log in to my realm, I'm number 3654 (or something) in the queue.

It normally ends up by me logging a druid I have in an extremely low populated server, and doing pet battles :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Recently tried Kael'Thas in Tempest Keep and it's totally doable as Ret. Alot of dmg and cc in the phase with all his adds up but just survive it and it's fine.
Gruul is also doable, only problem with first boss with all cc, just be quick to down the healer.

Will later try Ulduar10.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
And what about WOTLK dungeons, are they soloable? Heroic ones ofc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've done Black Temple as ret, only boss i couldn't manage were the soul boss due mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And what about WOTLK dungeons, are they soloable? Heroic ones
ofc.

they were soloable in Wotlk already
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anyone tried the twin emperors yet?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have tried twins at level 85 but missing some heals. Now didn't have the time for it yet

Ulduar 10: flame levithan 3 tower, the fire giant, big toy, the arm guy(all his archievements), crat lady, freya +1 easy at level 85. More of freya is possible. As engineer, with a bug, is ythe arena guy soloable. The ice dude is possible if you use the buffs correctly iirc. I didn't had the time for it yet
Ulduar 25: flame levithan normal was eassier than i expected, but atm i don't see where to how to do with tower up, but than my gear isn't that impressive.

For blood queen if you can do 60K dps while staying alive you should kill her within 5:30 for enrage. Combined with the fact that all dps specs are theorcraft at over 100k dps, i think we can expected the first non ne solo of her soon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
allright guys .. so now you got me inspired.

can a blood DK solo all those ? at 90 ofc
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Yes.

Since DK is the most optimal class for soloing stuff like this, you can solo just about anything from Cata and downwards.

At level 85, I needed to use a certain time consuming strategy to kill Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep. Now I can just steamroll through it. (But it helps to know the fight and mechanics)
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight

DKs were soloing almost everything long before level 90.

Though a blood dk cannot solo reliquery of souls in black temple, but an unholy DK can with clever placement of the ghoul pet.
Reply Quote
08/10/2012 09:22Posted by Xenophobia
Anyone tried the twin emperors yet?

They were soloable even before. Can kill right one easy in about 2-3 mins.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Twin emps are not difficult at all.

As a squishy priest I had to park myself into a corner and just DPS the caster emp.

If you have never done them before a quick heads up, kill the trash in the tunnel before you engage the emps otherwise they all all come running into the room too and they summon little adds and you will very soon be overwhelmed.
Reply Quote
75 Human Death Knight
I managed to solo the twin emps last week with a destro lock with only 456 ilvl. I just used a voidwalker for the one that needed physical damage.

It was hard and took a LONG time however.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All Vanilla raids is doable, u need something to do frost damage for incidus in AQ40.
TBC all soloable.
WotLK ICC10 is quite doable, ToC 10 easy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
25/01/2013 18:42Posted by Hitto
u need something to do frost damage for incidus in AQ40.

That's a bit annoying as i had to go on my DK to kill him,anyone figured a way to do it as a ret?I recall some weapons that were doing frost damage but I think they were wands or something...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

That's a bit annoying as i had to go on my DK to kill him,anyone figured a way to do it as a ret?I recall some weapons that were doing frost damage but I think they were wands or something...

You can buy Brunnhildar Harpoon from the Brunnhildar in Storm Peaks if you did/are on the quests.
Edited by Isseit on 26/01/2013 09:46 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]