Could we have a Skip level button (to instant 90)?

90 Undead Priest
IF everyone can level up to 90 instantly, then there will be no more players around in the lower level areas.

This happened to DAoC, and then, when new players join, they see an empty world and quit playing.

So, bad idea. If you want to try out another character, then level it, if not, then play with your lvl 90.
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
03/10/2012 16:09Posted by Mentakh
IF everyone can level up to 90 instantly, then there will be no more players around in the lower level areas.

No they won't because it will likely attract a high real money charge that will deter most players. Plus as with SoR it won't level professions and reps, many players will figure it is better just to quest instead given that levelling doesn't take that long anyway.

Remember it isn't like levelling is hard or excessively long. It is just that some players find it extremely annoying and irritating just as some players hate doing PVP or hate doing Hardcore PVE dungeons or hate doing RP.

This happened to DAoC, and then, when new players join, they see an empty world and quit playing.

As I said above it won't happen.

But as it happens at the moment many of us skip the lower zones by slapping on heirlooms and doing dungeons. There is virtually no need to quest. Besides you have been swallowing the same nonsense that Blizzard have from a vocal minority of forum BS'ers about wanting a populated world. In WoW questing as opposed to GW2 for example having players in your quest zones actually ruins the game experience. Hence the backlash on CRZ's.

03/10/2012 16:09Posted by Mentakh
So, bad idea. If you want to try out another character, then level it, if not, then play with your lvl 90.

Not really any of your business what they want to do and how they do it so long as it doesn't impact on your game.

Which leads me to my suspicion that most objections are secretly about this:

"I am a mediocre player who plays class X badly. If someone else within my guild can quickly level class X then my guildies won't group with me any more".
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
03/10/2012 14:53Posted by Retarjoe
questing is a small irrelevant but highly irritating sub aspect of the game

It is not a sub aspect, not at all.
Quite the opposite actually, it's building your character, hence "RPG".

Forum nonsense again.

Questing IS a small aspect. Stop talking daft and whip out your calculator and start working out how long people spending developing their character in quests and how long they spend doing it in PVE dungeons.

Typical time to level through an expansion if you just quest and ignore professions (instant 90 button wouldn't do your prof's either) is what? 10 to 15 hours? That is one weeks raiding for a lot of guilds and that doesn't include the additional time they will spend doing challenge modes, regular 5 mans or a bit of PVP. Now consider that is one week out of a two year expansion...

Yup, questing is utterly irrelevant in the great scheme of things. We are a week into the expansion and large numbers of us have already spent more time playing at 90 than we did questing.

First of all, I didn't say that I loved leveling, but it's a necessity, something that you are meant to do in order to reap rewards (End-game raiding, PvP'ing or whatever you want to do after you reach max level)

You don't say sherlock. That is what the entire thread is about /facepalm. We are saying it shouldn't be a necessity any more than winning 100 arena matches should be a pre-request before being allowed to raid.

Second of all, of course it would have an impact since everyone with the amount of money needed for doing it, or the amount of gold for that matter would use it, simply because players would be able to skip a big part of the game just to advance at end-game faster, something that you currently have to work for.

More forum nonsense. That doesn't explain how it would impact on other players game experience.

It would also have an impact on lower leveled zones for not having people in it, and those who used it would also have an advantage regarding professions at max level, hurting the economy.

Players already skip lower zones by only doing dungeons and only a minority would pay to skip questing anyway. Many would choose not to. Also PROFESSIONS DON'T GET LEVELLED. You clearly never used SoR. Stop scaremongering - GET INFORMED.

Also, I don't recall this to be a pay-to-win game, and don't start on saying that SoR is the same thing, since it was meant for players who hadn't played for a long time, thus giving them a chance to get back into the game, the feature you want holds no purpose for that other than being lazy bums that doesn't want to work for stuff.

More forum nonsense. If instant 90 button is pay to win then so is SoR. Just because you haven't been subscribed for a few months that doesn't mean that an instant jump to 80 wasn't pay to win.

Besides it isn't pay to win anyway. I can enter 5 man dungeons without doing PVP. Is that "winning"???? No, that is skipping something that has no relevance to what I want to do in the game. Being level 90 with a set of 430 greens is not "winning" LMAO. Who did you "beat"? How did they lose out as a result?!?!

Furthermore, if this feature required a real life money transaction, or in game gold transaction, a lot of players who didn't have the required funds would start whining on the forums for not being able to skip 4 expansions and start on end-game, since they pay the same subscription as everyone else, and is therefore entitled to the same benefits.

That is just plain ridiculous, I wouldn't know where to start LOL. Haven't heard people in GW2 crying about the XP boosters you can buy? Eh Eh?

If they then chose to make it a free feature, everyone would run around with 11 level 90 characters on a realm, 50 level 90 characters in total, everyone would have every profession available to them, destroying the economy.

Now we enter the realm of pure fantasy and desperation.

A lot of players wouldn't know how to play their class, resulting in broken end-game content. (And I'm not talking about not knowing how to press 1,2,3, but generally play your class)

More forum nonsense. Levelling teaches Jack-Excrement about playing the game. Besides a large number of us who play tank and healer do the questing part as DPS so we learned even less than jack-excrement!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've made my point, and I know that I get nothing out of arguing with your kind, I've learned that through the numerous of other threads regarding this incredible idiotic topic, and all I can do now is hope that Blizzard will never give in to such a stupid request.

I still feel this way, just so you know.

You're full of it and you can't seem to realize that this is World of Warcraft, not GW2 or any other MMO, there are things that are meant to be in this game, and you, a long with your kind, wants to destroy how this game is supposed to be played.

If you want this game to be like GW2, why not save us the trouble and go play GW2?

I'm sick of the way your kind is ruining the game with your lazy attitude.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
If there were a poll, I would vote no.

1. Leveling isn't hard, especially now with all these available heirlooms bonus XP.
2. I don't want clueless people in my dungeons. I had a taste of this when scroll of ressurection resurfaced, and it was awful. "People are smart enough to learn their class before entering dungeons!" you might say, but I remain doubtful.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Don't play game to level, I play it for endgame.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Don't like the insta cap button at all.

The only way I would see it working is if you were only allowed to use it to roll a class that you have capped already..
This way you don't have people running around with Maxed out chars they know nothing about. Also it would help rolling out another alt for the third spec if you wish to play them all.

But, however I would be up for this suggestion if I have to be, so the more alts you have the easier/quicker it is to level..
Take a look-
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5575647746

But overall, my opinion is we level very quickly anyway. So this is a feature that is not really needed. How to play the game without actually playing it..
Edited by Krillchiron on 03/10/2012 17:32 BST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Monk
If there were a poll, I would vote no.

1. Leveling isn't hard, especially now with all these available heirlooms bonus XP.
2. I don't want clueless people in my dungeons. I had a taste of this when scroll of ressurection resurfaced, and it was awful. "People are smart enough to learn their class before entering dungeons!" you might say, but I remain doubtful.

No one ever said it was hard. It is however a meaningless time sink, an artificial gate if you will. Furthermore, there have always been and always will be clueless people in dungeons at max level.

The levelling process never addressed this in the past and it certainly will not fix it now. For most players with an IQ +50 a class can be learned within an hour of dinging. Its not rocket science.

Now if the levelling process was fit for purpose, was meaningfull in some way and challenging so that class skills were required then for me it would be a different story. Sadly, the linear monotony of the current design would have me reaching for my wallet fast if there was ever a chance of skipping it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
To reply to the OP heres one word that sum's up the result you'd get are you ready:

NO
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Totally agree with OP.

New players should not get an instant 90 level character no. However players who have grinded their way to 90 and seen the story over and over should have the option to start a new character at 90.

Blizzard wants players to experience the wow-world and not give anything for free.
Pff, bull!@#$.. you honestly believe they care so much?

While I understand that you should walk the walk atleat once it should not be neccessary to do it again with a new character. 90's players have seen the story and experienced the whole thing, done the boring grinding tedious quests and queued for dungeons and even queued to log the %^-* in.
It should be voluntary if you wanna start from 1 or at 90, why not?

Have fun.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
one word RAF and anyway there will never I mean never an option to get a instant level 90 now or in the near future.

look at me i have many accounts now last count i can have nearly 100 characters on one server thats alot of alts to geto max level and do I want to do all the content all over again with a new character you bet sir as no leveling experience is totally the same I for one are slightly different I will suddely sit down on the ground were ever i am and ponder on "who drew that tree or who compased the music in the zone i'm in wow isnt about how fast you can grind to max lvl in so many hours,days its about having fun looking around and the sceneary and running over gnomes while on my chopper bike :P but lately one thing gets to me and thats how do they do the phasing I'd love to know alot of things as now i think to myself if i could live my life over again I wish I'd learnt to study art more as it is i was good at potery at school way back in the 1970's I was going to say I'm old but rearlised I'm the same age as MM and now changed the word old to mature.
Edited by Skullncross on 03/10/2012 20:45 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wish they'd just keep the max level at the same place across expansions, make new quests exclusively for story/rep/etc. And focus more on making dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, 'stead of questing zones to reach the end level content.

I mean, come on, we've been through enough leveling zones now, haven't we? And all those raids and heroics should count as training to get stronger!

Blizzard wants players to experience the wow-world and not give anything for free.
Pff, bull!@#$.. you honestly believe they care so much?

Considering everyone gets Epics served on a platter, people using that argument have obviously not played very much.
Edited by Pxq on 03/10/2012 20:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
03/10/2012 04:05Posted by Armitige
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5494100032

just one vote for if it will burn or stay normal :P lol..
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
03/10/2012 20:50Posted by Pxq
Considering everyone gets Epics served on a platter, people using that argument have obviously not played very much.

Considering you have to level to end game to gain these epics they allow you access to I think that it is a valid comment.

Either way this is a dead end idea.
Edited by Corripio on 03/10/2012 21:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you don't want to level from 1 to 90, roll a DK. Or just go play another MMO. Cause OP wants to remove the RPG.

What you do in a RPG, is that you create a character of your choosing and build it what ever way you want it. You start by level 1 and the character sucks. It really does. But the charm in this game is that you are gradually getting better and stronger for each level.

If you really want to insta90, go play on a private server *shudders*.
Or if you don't want to level from 1, don't roll a new character.

People level up to level 15 and use DF to level up quicker. And the reason is that you need to gear up as you go. If the option to instantly ding lvl 90 were there, you'd have to start with starter gear and 0 gold, no rep. Otherwise it would be unfair to new players and others who actually enjoy building their characters. Or the feature would be abused to get gold (create character, insta 90, sell everything, send gold to main char).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
The day this feature will be implemented is the day this game will die.

Honestly, you actually expect that the leveling part will be skipped in an RPG? Do you even know what an RPG is? If you don't like it, don't play it. It's as simple as that. Choose a game that you like instead.
Reply Quote
44 Dwarf Monk
So just because 'it's an RPG' you have to go through all the obsolete content that you've done several times already, to level a new character? What is the point of doing all that? No one benefits from some poor sap player from 2007 who wants to raid with a druid but has to spend 150 hours getting him there, when he already damn well knows how to play the game. Not Blizzard, not the player, not the community.

So I say, have certain criteria that make an account eligible to push new characters to lvl70, or 85, or whatever the entry level for their current expansion is. Do it like the SoR, no professions and all green soulbound gear. Requirements could be something like 1 or 2 max level characters on the account already. So it's not 'unfair' to new players, when all you get is a pardon from the grind you've already done at least once or twice.

Personally, I can't stand leveling. Quests are way too easy, dungeons ditto. All I can say is, I'm damn glad for BG exp. And there, it actually helps to start early, so you're not crushed by the large amount of abilities later. At least I hope this leveling system pushes more players into BGs because that's clearly where the excitement is to be found before the endgame.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/10/2012 12:36Posted by Deadknoob
He thinks Blizzard pay people to post positive things on the forums? This guy is either an idiot or still in highschool because that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my entire life.

If you don't think companies do this then you really are asleep at the wheel. Half of the so called "fan reviews" of many of the games produced by larger companies posted on IGN and other review sites are fake, again that you didn't know this is rather unnerving - it's practically common sense, as it's cheap and productive.
Edited by Vengor on 04/10/2012 00:27 BST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
It should be harder to lvl , harder to gear up, harder dungeons imo. The easier stuff is to get, the less value it will have. But pls let it be clear, that by harder i dont mean more grinding, i mean chalenging (not in an endurance perspective, like grinding is).

Anyway, you can lvl an char in 3-4 days of /played, sounds average to me.

You sound a bit burnt from WoW. This shouldnt be chore. Take a break! :D
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
If battlegrounds were a proper xp/hour alternative to questing, it's likely people wouldn't complain much. And I mean, up to 5% longer per level compared to just questing, balanced around 50% wins and 50% losses, average game lengths. As it is, bg's suck for leveling unless you're doing it in AV weekend.

For pvp'ers, it's either a long slog through pve-geared battlegrounds, or a not quite as long but still long enough to pull your hair out slog through mind numbingly repetitive quests (I played the beta, it's all repetitive to me now).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]